Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor? >

Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Chad: Depending on the application, we generally satr with the same brush/spring combination that we've found to be most successful for that particular motor, then tweak a bit from there.

Hyper: No, that's not what I'm saying at all. My point is that if you start with a motor that has been properly and fully blueprinted, (balanced, hoods aligned, etc that from there on out the racer is left with just simple comm cutting and rebrushing. Arms still remain balanced, hoods still remain aligned,etc; from rebuild to rebuild.
Basically, once you have the all the components of the motor blueprinted and maximized, they remain that way...they will just need the basic rebuild to return to their maximum performance.

Yeti: As I posted above to Hyper1, I agree and disagree with parts of your post. If you just rebuild one of our motors, (cut comm, replace brushes with what it came with, break in properly) you will return the motor back to the performance it was when it was new...and performance will generally increase as the comm size decreases, to an extent.
Our numbers (CE Turbo Dyno 45) are directly related to what you will see on the track. A Fantom/RSR flywheel dyno will not. With our dyno numbers, if you see an increase of watts, you absolutely will see an increase in performance on the track.
The key is to buy a motor that has been balanced/blueprinted/tuned fully, by a reputable company, using a proven dyno. I can absolutley see how a racer could get a bad taste in their mouths if they bought a "tuned/pro" version motor from a company who either uses the an inaccurate dyno or doesn't tune them at all, just "tunes" the dyno printout.

All tuning processes and tuners are not alike.

Hope this helps...
Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
518-452-0422
Old 08-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

and if you buy a "tuned" motor with a dyno printout, and the brushes aren't fully broken in, might as well throw that dyno sheet away.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Todd I have a question for you do you like or dislike the trinity xxx lemans brushes I am thinking of trying them and just wonder whats your opinion of them. Do they realy give you more runs before performance falls off.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Shookie, I would love to make it out there for the Babcock race. Unfortunately, I am in my third week of the Police Academy and I haven't had time to do any racing. I raced one weekend after the Hitec race and then haven't touched my stuff since then. I have a three day weekend next weekend so I will be able to get to the track then, but my track time will be limited until January. I hope see you at the races though.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Shookie, I would love to make it out there for the Babcock race. Unfortunately, I am in my third week of the Police Academy and I haven't had time to do any racing. I raced one weekend after the Hitec race and then haven't touched my stuff since then. I have a three day weekend next weekend so I will be able to get to the track then, but my track time will be limited until January. I hope see you at the races though.
good luck in the academy it was fun when i went throught it in florida back in 1991, (all of 780 hours)
Old 08-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks Marcos, it is fun, just time consuming. Between the twelve hour workday and boot shining and ironing and studying, memos, etc. But I am having a great time. I just got out of the military so I am used to this kind of thing.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Thanks Marcos, it is fun, just time consuming. Between the twelve hour workday and boot shining and ironing and studying, memos, etc. But I am having a great time. I just got out of the military so I am used to this kind of thing.
I went in the academy 2 months after i got out of the U.S.Marines
Old 08-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

i see on the EA motorsports website that eric offers the monster with trinity XXX brushes do these brushes produce the same power as the blue/green brushes? i know the last long but how about power and how good is the atlas 19 turn motor compared to the C2 .
Old 08-26-2005, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Todd for clearing that up,so I guess I need to renig on my statement about buying generic motors huh?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Greetings,

I have a question OH GREAT ONES!

At the new track I am going to start running at they are running outdoor dirt ovals. 19 turn class is the only one available. Most of the racers are running the venom fireballs or the trinity ultra bird motor.

Should I use one of these or is there a better selection out there. The oval is currently 2 sizes they have a short track (looks like it is about 25x75) and a long track (25x100). This fall they will move indoors to a concrete short road course/ oval track. I would like either 1 motor that would do well on all, or a selection of a few to specialize to each track.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

jmccormick ng08 : The Lemans XXX compound makes less power and offers less performance than our compounds, but will last longer between rebuilds. That's the trade off, less power but longer life.

ngo8: We sponsor a driver in the UK that has dominated the UK series, winning the UK titles in 2003 and 2004. He states that the C2 makes more power, but the Atlas motor will run better over the course of 5 minutes in extreme heat conditions, such as outside asphalt, 90 degree plus ambient temp, 150+ degree track temp. I think that if you ran a C2 with a fan, you might get it to perform better than an Atlas for the entire 5 minutes in the heat. This is something that they didn't try in the UK when these results were given.
I'd like to try both back to back at a track and compare the results myself as well.

Hyper1: No worries...we're all trying to help each other out. It's all good...

madcat: the best motor choicce for all the applications you listed would be the C2 based 19 turn. Good Luck!

Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
518-452-0422
Old 08-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Todd, if you want to send me a monster and a C2 based 19t, I'll try them out and see if I notice any difference!!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the reply todd i will try both back to back and compare them .
Old 08-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks todd thats pretty much was my understanding on those xxx brushes I am going to stay with either your blue green combo or reedy 767's those seem to be realy good on the monsters and epics I run. you probably wouldnt remember me but I raced in a couple of heats with you at the mod nats in CT. I have gotten some good advice on brush spring set ups from Smyka in the past he is the one who got me to try the your green and blue brush set up.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

blue green is the way to go it works great