Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 4WD CHASSIS DYNO

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
It's one of the things that helps the hobby grow... enthusiasts sharing information/tips with one another, the camaraderie that is built, etc, etc.

The sport of RC racing, however, is a competition first and foremost. And while many racers (I would even go as far as to say the majority of racers) choose to share information with others, there is nothing that says this is a required practice.

And those racers who choose not to share their setups, secrets, etc... they are not the bane of this sport. They are simply competitors.

Last edited by JiuHaWong; 02-10-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Some interesting dyno freeware:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/SimpleDyno/index.php?act=idx
Old 02-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry if I upset anyone by not giving out information about the dyno and software.
no harm or disrespect intended. The reason for me not doing this is because I have spent a heap of time working on and developing the software to suit my dyno. Every dyno setup is different and therefore all the data input is different for each setup. there is no 1 data setup fits all so to speak.

eg. roller diameter
roller wall thickness
sensor locations
weight of rollers
etc etc etc.

I would be here explaining it for 1 billion years.

It was ultimately designed for turning nitro cars. and it does that well.
however it also has is points for electric cars. Changing FDR's, different motors, esc's and the like.

It shows you reading like, Torque, Horsepower, Kilowatt, top speed. Much like a 1:1 dyno.

The hardware side of things is very simple and as I said it only takes a few google searches and you can find everything you need to know. The software is open source "simple dyno" But like I said you will need to dial in your own data in order for it to work correctly and give you accurate and consistent readings.

I appreciate the kind comments.

thanks