Wiki Posts
Search

Handling help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Handling help

Ok, I have my TC3 set up with 50wt shock oil all around, red front springs, blue rear, and no sway bars. at first I had no steering, I removed the front sway bar and corrected that, but now if I turn, it tends to slide out. I moved the battery to the rear position as well. What can I do to get my rear end to stick better and keep my steering good? What about moving the top shock position out? lighter shock fluid? Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-02-2001, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Handling help

Originally posted by Interceptor
Ok, I have my TC3 set up with 50wt shock oil all around, red front springs, blue rear, and no sway bars. at first I had no steering, I removed the front sway bar and corrected that, but now if I turn, it tends to slide out. I moved the battery to the rear position as well. What can I do to get my rear end to stick better and keep my steering good? What about moving the top shock position out? lighter shock fluid? Any help is appreciated.
You may get a better response by posting this in the TC3 forum. It also helps to include the type of surface you are running on as well as the type of tire you are using.
Old 10-02-2001, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Try using 40wt in the rear. What shock locations are you currently using.
Old 10-02-2001, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

front and rear shocks are moved into the inner position, as far in as they will go
Old 10-02-2001, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

What rear toe are you using? Shock mount positions? tires? camber? All these can make a major difference with only slight changes. I used to run my TC3 with 3 degrees rear toe -1.0 degrees camber and Yoke 5g tires. I always had lots of steering and the rear end was planted!
Old 10-02-2001, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

rear toe is stock read above for shocks.
Old 10-02-2001, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Interceptor,
Have you tried different battery configurations, 3x3 or 4x2, moving the foam to the inside. I currently build all my packs in the saddle (3x3) configuration and run the foam in the middle. With my TC3 moving the batteries makes a big difference with how the car handles.
I would also run lighter oil in the rear, 40 or 35.

Good luck
Old 10-02-2001, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't know much about TC3's, but I'd try either a softer rear tire, or softer rear spring, for starters. If the car seems like it's biting too hard in the front (kind of trying to traction roll), go to a harder front tire, stiffer front spring, or add a lighter front sway bar than what was on the car before.
Old 10-02-2001, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

oh yeah, on my Yokomo, I usually start out with the rear tires one compound softer than the front. It just works good that way. I still usually end up setting the rear suspension softer than the front.
Old 10-02-2001, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Dont forget, only make one change at a time so you can tell what changes do what.