R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Best rc drift chassis?

Looking for a good starter 1/10 drift chassis with a good amount of hop ups available for it. Also looking to make it look as realistic as possible so that means it has to have a good selection of bodys available for it aswell. Im looking at the hpi sprint 2, any opinion on that chassis? Also if anyone knows where you can get decent headlight buckets for 1/10 scale? Thanks in advance
bradvanscoyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I picked up a Sprint2 and just had it out in my garage with the drift tires on it playing around and it is a lot of fun. From my understanding it is a 50/50 car with no counter steer. From the little bit of research I did before I got it, it sounded like a good place to start drifting and practicing before dropping big money on high end kits.
FullMetalGrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

do you know what kind of bodys they make for the sprint 2?
Old 11-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Not really. I've got the mustang version that had two sets of tires (drift & grip). I only know of the bodies that HPI offers
FullMetalGrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradvanscoyk View Post
do you know what kind of bodys they make for the sprint 2?
Any of the HPI/Tamiya/Pandora/ABC Hobby 190 or 200mm bodies will work on the Sprint. 200MM bodies will require +3 to +8 offset rims to fill in the fenders.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
Tech Regular

MST chassis are arguably the best drift chassis available, they also have a good amount of hop-up parts available. Even the cheapest MS01 chassis is a great chassis.
The Tamiya TT01 and HPI Sprint 2 are often the first chassis beginners get and eventually move on from after they get the hang of it.
They aren't the most ideal, but they are good for drifting and have a good amount of option parts.
Basically any 190mm or 200mm body will fit any of the 3 chassis I mentioned. You just have to make sure the wheelbase is correct for whatever chassis you choose.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle84 View Post
MST chassis are arguably the best drift chassis available, they also have a good amount of hop-up parts available. Even the cheapest MS01 chassis is a great chassis.
The Tamiya TT01 and HPI Sprint 2 are often the first chassis beginners get and eventually move on from after they get the hang of it.
They aren't the most ideal, but they are good for drifting and have a good amount of option parts.
Basically any 190mm or 200mm body will fit any of the 3 chassis I mentioned. You just have to make sure the wheelbase is correct for whatever chassis you choose.
+1on mst.

As for a body, I can personally say go with a 200mm body, and run an ofset wheel, it just looks better than 190mm and a 0mm ofset wheel.

As for a cheaper alternative, the tamiya xv01 tc looks like a good drift chassis, since the motor is front mounted.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Cool thanks for that info! The offset and body sizes always confused me. Much appreciated. I also have been looking for a 2004 wrx impreza body that would go with the sprint 2. I found some bodies but none come with the "light buckets" which is the actual headlight shape, not the LED kit. Anyone know where to get "light buckets" or "light cases"?
Old 11-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

Bump

Last edited by bradvanscoyk; 11-23-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Oops
Old 11-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
Tech Regular

check out Tamiya, Yokomo, ABC Hobby and Pandora to see if they have a Subaru you want with light buckets.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brushless, drift, drift chassis, drifting, lipo