Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

I am going to post this here and the the keven herbert forum. My track is gaining traction A LOT of traction. My roll centers are as low as they can go, i am going up in shock oil but im pretty much at the top of that point, not going up in spring rate (14/8 lbs), running a 1.2x3 piston not going shorter on the track width, its much faster with the wider track width and a lot of traction and a shorter one. I am looking of ways to take a generous amount of traction out of my car. I am also running jaco blues and -1 deg camber also why does someone not make cf pieces that are thicker, or different weave for less traction, or some braces or something do the yomoko bd-7 parts bolt onto the associated car just as the top deck, and cvas?

Last edited by rc car guy; 01-24-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What spring perches are you guys using with the YokOmo springs? Sorry if this question was answered before....
Old 01-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy
I am going to post this here and the the keven herbert forum. My track is gaining traction A LOT of traction. My roll centers are as low as they can go, i am going up in shock oil but im pretty much at the top of that point, not going up in spring rate (14/8 lbs), running a 1.2x3 piston not going shorter on the track width, its much faster with the wider track width and a lot of traction and a shorter one. I am looking of ways to take a generous amount of traction out of my car. I am also running jaco blues and -1 deg camber also why does someone not make cf pieces that are thicker, or different weave for less traction, or some braces or something do the yomoko bd-7 parts bolt onto the associated car just as the top deck, and cvas?
Reduce spring rate and use softer oil to have the car more near to the ground while cornering. Then control the leaning with the anti roll bar. Start with the softer ones. Also increase the droop number. A lightweight body and aluminium screws on the upside of the chassis can be a big improvement too.

If this all isn't enough you have to go the hard way:
glue on the sidewalls, reduce camber to decrease the contact patch and/or changing the balance to a bad understeer to reduce the forces going into the corner.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayBee
What spring perches are you guys using with the YokOmo springs? Sorry if this question was answered before....
3racing blue light weight perches.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pete Martinez
can someone lead me in the right direction for a good set up. I have never ran onroad before, I will be running on a carpet track that is 100 by 50 newly put down thanks for any help.
I would go with the box setup....being new you might find better results with a very neutral easy to drive car. Im currently running it and its fantastic. Try that 1st and then tweak it to your driving style and likeness

Myron
Old 01-25-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wtcc
Reduce spring rate and use softer oil to have the car more near to the ground while cornering. Then control the leaning with the anti roll bar. Start with the softer ones. Also increase the droop number. A lightweight body and aluminium screws on the upside of the chassis can be a big improvement too.

If this all isn't enough you have to go the hard way:
glue on the sidewalls, reduce camber to decrease the contact patch and/or changing the balance to a bad understeer to reduce the forces going into the corner.
I dont think I asked or you understood that correctly I reduced camber to -1 im not sure.how affective jacos become with less I am looking for LESS traction not more the roll of the csr is fine its not rubbing also the traction is everywhere its not just in the corners on the straights as well different top deck of different weave chassis or.something to take traction out
Old 01-25-2014, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy
I dont think I asked or you understood that correctly I reduced camber to -1 im not sure.how affective jacos become with less I am looking for LESS traction not more the roll of the csr is fine its not rubbing also the traction is everywhere its not just in the corners on the straights as well different top deck of different weave chassis or.something to take traction out
A fast car will actually have some rubbing on bottom of chassie...
Old 01-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I would go with the box setup....being new you might find better results with a very neutral easy to drive car. Im currently running it and its fantastic. Try that 1st and then tweak it to your driving style and likeness

Myron
thanks
Old 01-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JayBee
Jaybee- I use the HPI pro 4 spring perches and the Tamiya TRF shock collars with the Yokomo springs, works good. HPI #73510, Tamiya #19444360 you need two of the hpi part, they come with 2 per kit

Last edited by chevtech23; 01-25-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

All the 6.2s at our track are grip rolling everywhere. Maybe after snowbirds Kevin will put up a high grip setup. We are trying all different setups. Car is very fast, but you never know when it's going to flip off the track. This makes you drive not as hard and is slowing me down.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete Martinez
thanks
Pete - I started running TC a few weeks back, and that is excellent advice you got. Believe me, starting with something easy to drive and neutral - or even a little pushy - and then getting more aggressive is very good advice. If you're talking about Tom's new track, i'm sure once Mike Haynes runs there you'll have all the help you could possibly need. The class is fun - not easy to go as fast as the fast guys, but lot's of fun.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madulla
All the 6.2s at our track are grip rolling everywhere. Maybe after snowbirds Kevin will put up a high grip setup. We are trying all different setups. Car is very fast, but you never know when it's going to flip off the track. This makes you drive not as hard and is slowing me down.
His car wasn't even tippy at Victoria WCICS, have you guys tried his setup from IIC?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

If your running mod his set up is good im running stock and regaurdless of the fact that my chassis doesnt ru it still has too much traction
Old 01-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd be trying either turning my steering down or standing the front shocks up one

Ed
Old 01-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

unpredictable traction roll.

I almost always go softer in shock oil and spring, let the car roll. If you take all the traction out you will be slowwwwwwww. Figuring how to drive the car in high bite will usually result in much faster laps. If the track has a lot of rolling corners and you are traction rolling mid corner. Removing some drag break may help, if you have any in. The drag break will cause the car to roll up on itself and not free up through the corner.

Slow in allows fast out. Break before the corner, roll in throttle around and out.
A soft car with droop will allow you to not only bottom out when over aggressive but it gives you visual clues on how far you have gone before traction roll.

If you use the wheels to slow the car you are loading up the chassis before the corner and then loading harder through the corner. When the slide stop the roll over begins. Changing how you enter the corner in that instance may help a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.