Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

What are some of the major changes. Also why does the picture of the prototype look like a 419.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Because it is blue ?
Old 10-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Originally Posted by heretic
Because it is blue ?
LMAO ��..
Old 10-21-2015, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
The 6.2 is a great car. I highly recommend it, but the 7 is supposed to be out in a month or so and has the lastest mods on it. i'd wait for that.
is that pretty solid info? a month?
Old 10-21-2015, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if it's NOT out before Thanksgiving, they would miss the whole HOLIDAY shopping market -- so ya gotta think that's the plan.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Set Up Question - Need Advice

Hello all, new TC6.2 driver here with a set up question. Got to drive my car at my new local track and I'm finding that at about mid corner on a high speed sweeper to the left the car picks up the inside front tire until I start to sraighten the car out for the straight away. The car also did this in a sharper left hand turn.

I'm running purples in the rear with double pinks in the front. Our new track does not allow traction compound or sauce of any kind. I have the car set up exactly as how the instructions show assembly of the car. I seem to be getting plenty of traction even without using any compound or sauce.

I was contemplating removing the front sway bar entirely. Years ago I had a HPI touring car do this and that's how I got the car to keep the front inside tire on the ground and not act like a flat tracking late model.

Would this be the best way to remedy this situation or should I do something else and leave the sway bar in place?

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HK500Pilot
Hello all, new TC6.2 driver here with a set up question. Got to drive my car at my new local track and I'm finding that at about mid corner on a high speed sweeper to the left the car picks up the inside front tire until I start to sraighten the car out for the straight away. The car also did this in a sharper left hand turn.

I'm running purples in the rear with double pinks in the front. Our new track does not allow traction compound or sauce of any kind. I have the car set up exactly as how the instructions show assembly of the car. I seem to be getting plenty of traction even without using any compound or sauce.

I was contemplating removing the front sway bar entirely. Years ago I had a HPI touring car do this and that's how I got the car to keep the front inside tire on the ground and not act like a flat tracking late model.

Would this be the best way to remedy this situation or should I do something else and leave the sway bar in place?

Thanks!
The rear outside tire is over loaded. First thing I would try is thicker rear swaybar or make the rear shocks more upright.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
The rear outside tire is over loaded. First thing I would try is thicker rear swaybar or make the rear shocks more upright.
Thank you for the help. I'll try to get the shocks more upright like you suggest or get the assortment of sway bars that they sell as a kit.

I was worried that increasing the rear sway bar diameter might make the front want to push or understeer.

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HK500Pilot
Thank you for the help. I'll try to get the shocks more upright like you suggest or get the assortment of sway bars that they sell as a kit.

I was worried that increasing the rear sway bar diameter might make the front want to push or understeer.

Thanks for the help!
Also, without trying the shock and sway bar changes first try removing all shims under the rear ball stud bulkhead side. This make it roll less but if it still rolls that much you will have to resort to the first changes I advised. Another thing I am going to test that is aimed to fix this over roll is more shims under the rear arm holders, give me a couple weeks to test that thoroughly.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
Originally Posted by YoDog
Nice job!
I hope it performs.
me too !! 8)

has to be better than what was left of my tc6.2 chassis plate

ed

And I quote from a pm from Ed (he runs on medium grip asphalt andand no sauce)
Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
"Wow!!! On our track the mechanical grip that chassis generates is INSANE!!!"
" the car now drives like its on rails, my normal setup is so much faster through corners"
" I put the old plate (stock) on to compare did two laps and put the new one straight back on"

Last edited by fathead; 11-01-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Any info on a new car yet?? Looking to pick up a tc for the winter months here. If something new is coming I'll just wait till the new version comes out.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Also, without trying the shock and sway bar changes first try removing all shims under the rear ball stud bulkhead side. This make it roll less but if it still rolls that much you will have to resort to the first changes I advised. Another thing I am going to test that is aimed to fix this over roll is more shims under the rear arm holders, give me a couple weeks to test that thoroughly.

Thank you very much for the help!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

kyosho, Xray, team durango, yokomo, team C... all have released there new touringcars.

lower, faster, lighter inovation, stronger, better finishing quality. It will not be easy to make the AE TC as competitive as these companies, that will offer the best of the best. I'm curieus to the new TC7, ( parts of the TC5, TC4?) looks little bit silly. but it's time to replace my TC6.2. For the moment i will go for the new xray T4 or the Detc410V2. How surieus will AE go with there future TC?
gtz
Old 11-12-2015, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Svendc
kyosho, Xray, team durango, yokomo, team C... all have released there new touringcars.

lower, faster, lighter inovation, stronger, better finishing quality. It will not be easy to make the AE TC as competitive as these companies, that will offer the best of the best. I'm curieus to the new TC7, ( parts of the TC5, TC4?) looks little bit silly. but it's time to replace my TC6.2. For the moment i will go for the new xray T4 or the Detc410V2. How surieus will AE go with there future TC?
gtz
Associated still have a good strength team across the world for touring car so I think they are still committed to it although I will admit I think their main focus is still off road. I have heard that the new car will focus on quality with the plastics updated and better finish on shocks etc. But I have also heard that it will be the new year before we see a new car. I think this tie with the team still running 'made up' cars rather than real production prototypes. The next Associated will be a good car and Associated have been better at bringing out updated parts etc. so hopefully we will see a car in the new year that is competitive in the hands of club racers again.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

After so much talks & speculations, are we going to have a new kit or not??
When??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.