Search
Like Tree305Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hannhann00
Hi what are the benefits of these after market chassis over the stock, obviously performance related but I'm surprised xray and all their expertise seem to be outdone but several after market options?

Also can someone explain the benefits of the alum chassis vs the stock carbon options as I've seen them used widely in TC and F1 (but not so much in pan car)?
The alum chassis makes the car more consistent to drive with less traction roll on high to very high bite carpet like the new black CRC carpet. And we also use alum chassis on 1/12th scale cars for the same reason. The weight and stiffness of the chassis is what makes the difference.

Also, XRay does make aluminium chassis for both cars.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

For me I noticed that the chassis always drug on the ground really bad mainly through high speed sweepers and it always hindered the cars steering and every point on the track. Now with the link floating and the chassis narrowed a good 30+mm, the car handles so much better and transitions back and forth way faster.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I recently changed from the aluminum to carbon chassis plate, and now my ride height is off by .5mm left to right. I tried removing the screws for all the top plates, laying the chassis flat and tightening the screws, no luck. I feel like I'm overlooking something stupid here, any suggestions?
Old 12-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
I recently changed from the aluminum to carbon chassis plate, and now my ride height is off by .5mm left to right. I tried removing the screws for all the top plates, laying the chassis flat and tightening the screws, no luck. I feel like I'm overlooking something stupid here, any suggestions?
Is it it the front or the back? If it's the front one of the springs could be collapsed. I find that on my 12th scale from time to time. If it's the back the link pod could be off, ride height adjusters could be different, or one tire sidewall could have more flex in it. Just something to look at. Hope it helps.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
where is the difference on the chassis front; middle ; or back? Since brand new, mine has always had a variation in the middle from side to side. the front and back are rock solid. EA is at my home track and he stated that is nothing to worry about. his 12th scale is the same way.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freebird
where is the difference on the chassis front; middle ; or back? Since brand new, mine has always had a variation in the middle from side to side. the front and back are rock solid. EA is at my home track and he stated that is nothing to worry about. his 12th scale is the same way.
Yes, my '15 has always been a little off in the midsection too. No matter which chassis, it is always a little off, but doesn't hurt performance.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Made a few more revisions, changed the chassis shape, added holes to v the pod links and clearanced around where the bulkhead on the pod and the tweak screw area so now it doesn't bind.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

hey guys so i have perfected the lipo holder part of the kit. The main piece is made from 3mm cf and the link mounts are pocketed to 2.5mm. Also added extra holds to widen the side links for different tuning option (this actually works very well). I thread the holds for the tweak screws so no more ugly blown out holes as well. Price on these 2 piece will be right around $50 for those interested. Uses the crc band to hold the lipo in, no more tape!!!

Old 12-26-2016, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
hey guys so i have perfected the lipo holder part of the kit. The main piece is made from 3mm cf and the link mounts are pocketed to 2.5mm. Also added extra holds to widen the side links for different tuning option (this actually works very well). I thread the holds for the tweak screws so no more ugly blown out holes as well. Price on these 2 piece will be right around $50 for those interested. Uses the crc band to hold the lipo in, no more tape!!!

Any plans to make one for a 15?
Old 12-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Can be done easy it's just a couple extra holes,
Old 12-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

I just picked up a 2017 X1 and I was curious if there are any necessary upgrades or tuning parts that I should pick-up before I start to build the kit. This is my first F1 car. I will be running the F1 on a high traction black CRC carpet track. Should I change the CF chassis to aluminum?
Old 12-26-2016, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (99%+)
Thumbs up second

I second the above request. Also who has the aluminum chassis in stock? I have looked at Amain and notta. Which one to get slotted or solid aluminum? And is anyone running a gear diff and or selling any?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2016, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Anyone wanting one for a 15 just pm me
Old 12-27-2016, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wickedracer
I second the above request. Also who has the aluminum chassis in stock? I have looked at Amain and notta. Which one to get slotted or solid aluminum? And is anyone running a gear diff and or selling any?

Thanks

My car is no where near weight. So I need the solid version when it's available.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tandum4056
I just picked up a 2017 X1 and I was curious if there are any necessary upgrades or tuning parts that I should pick-up before I start to build the kit. This is my first F1 car. I will be running the F1 on a high traction black CRC carpet track. Should I change the CF chassis to aluminum?
The softest springs for the front, side, and center is a good place to start. Everyone recommends the flex aluminum chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.