Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BittyDesign Nardo and MC10 (190mm bodies) >

BittyDesign Nardo and MC10 (190mm bodies)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BittyDesign Nardo and MC10 (190mm bodies)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ordered 2 Nardo bodies after seeing the Awesomatix guys talking about how much they liked them. While online I saw the MC-10. It looked so cool I had to have one, so I ordered a couple of them too. This past weekend, I was at the Canadian On Road Nationals in Welland Ontario, and in the 17.5 stock class, with 86 entries, I used the MC 10. I ended up qualifying 2nd. I had the fastest car in the class, just never got a clean run. I loved the way the body handled. The main did not go well, as at the start I checked up for the leader and got leveled by the guy behind me. I had the hot lap, fastest average 5, 10, and 20 lap numbers. Keep up the good work guys.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dumper
I ordered 2 Nardo bodies after seeing the Awesomatix guys talking about how much they liked them. While online I saw the MC-10. It looked so cool I had to have one, so I ordered a couple of them too. This past weekend, I was at the Canadian On Road Nationals in Welland Ontario, and in the 17.5 stock class, with 86 entries, I used the MC 10. I ended up qualifying 2nd. I had the fastest car in the class, just never got a clean run. I loved the way the body handled. The main did not go well, as at the start I checked up for the leader and got leveled by the guy behind me. I had the hot lap, fastest average 5, 10, and 20 lap numbers. Keep up the good work guys.
How does the MC10 compare with the Nardo and any other bodies?

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 03-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've been running both the Nardo and the MC10 off and on for the last few months. Last night I set my 2 fastest laps while running the MC10. I really do like the way it calms my car down. However, I'm concerned that what I'm really feeling is the fact that it's understeering from the middle to the end of a corner. It makes it easy to drive, but has me wondering about tire life and heat. I probably need to play more with my front shocks and springs.

I'm on my second MC10. The Lexan was thin on the first one and started to crack not long into its life. After a few hits on the nose, it would easily push in on just about any tap. For the second body, I immediately applied a layer of Shoe-Goo and fiberglass-mesh tape to make things a little stronger. Hopefully, this won't throw off the balance too much.

Like Dumper said, though, the MC10 is a really cool looking body.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

I worked on the Nardo last night and gauge it on my car. Suddenly found that the wing bridge is massively unbalanced, with the right one lower that the left by over 1.5mm . Do you guys have the same issue and how do you fix it?
Old 03-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
How does the MC10 compare with the Nardo and any other bodies?

Thanks
Skiddins

Brian was in Colorado last weekend for a weekend race at the eTeam Hobbyplex in Fort Collins. He let me run both the MC10 and Nardo bodies in practice to see how they feel.

Nardo to me feels similar to a Mazda 6. Seeing i like running the LTC-R in 17.5 and 13.5 on my Awesomatix i did not like the feel of this body, not enough steering for me. If you like the Speed 6 you'll probably like this body. Most the reports so far are from Mod drivers so i can see why they'd like this body better over the MC10.

MC10 I was not expecting this but feels more like a LTC-R, lot's of steering and seemed to feel better in the middle of the turn. Ordered one last week, have in hand just need to paint and try at 5280 Raceway. I can see why Brian liked this body better than the Nardo. He ran it all weekend at this race, TQ'd and finished 1st, 9 tenths in from of me. Damn it if only i had a MC10
Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Brian was in Colorado last weekend for a weekend race at the eTeam Hobbyplex in Fort Collins. He let me run both the MC10 and Nardo bodies in practice to see how they feel.

Nardo to me feels similar to a Mazda 6. Seeing i like running the LTC-R in 17.5 and 13.5 on my Awesomatix i did not like the feel of this body, not enough steering for me. If you like the Speed 6 you'll probably like this body. Most the reports so far are from Mod drivers so i can see why they'd like this body better over the MC10.

MC10 I was not expecting this but feels more like a LTC-R, lot's of steering and seemed to feel better in the middle of the turn. Ordered one last week, have in hand just need to paint and try at 5280 Raceway. I can see why Brian liked this body better than the Nardo. He ran it all weekend at this race, TQ'd and finished 1st, 9 tenths in from of me. Damn it if only i had a MC10

Brent, do you know if these bodies will be allowed next week at MHIC. I don't see it in the roar list so wasn't sure if we could use it. I'd like to pick up a couple to try out.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Brent, do you know if these bodies will be allowed next week at MHIC. I don't see it in the roar list so wasn't sure if we could use it. I'd like to pick up a couple to try out.
Not sure, i spoke with Art and Jim yesterday and didn't get a real answer. I'll post in the MHIC thread and ping Mario to get his opinion. So check to MHIC thread for an answer.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Hello guys,
Roar contested to us 2 different GBS measurements on our recent Narḍ and MC10 bodyshells. This week, here in Italy, we will print new bodies with little changes that will match the contested body specs. Through the collaboration of our US Distributor A Main Hobbies we will try to arrange a new fast shipments to Roar inspectors, we hope this time they will pass the certification and approve our body's models. We'll see.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
Hello guys,
Roar contested to us 2 different GBS measurements on our recent Narḍ and MC10 bodyshells. This week, here in Italy, we will print new bodies with little changes that will match the contested body specs. Through the collaboration of our US Distributor A Main Hobbies we will try to arrange a new fast shipments to Roar inspectors, we hope this time they will pass the certification and approve our body's models. We'll see.
That is almost good news! There are more than several of us that would want to have these bodies available for the Reedy Race.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mystique13
I worked on the Nardo last night and gauge it on my car. Suddenly found that the wing bridge is massively unbalanced, with the right one lower that the left by over 1.5mm . Do you guys have the same issue and how do you fix it?
no one?
Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did not have this problem with my car.
are you sure you have cut the same on both sides of the body?
Old 04-01-2014, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
Hello guys,
Does this mean the new bodies will have their EFRA approval number in the windscreens like other bodyshells?
Old 04-01-2014, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Does this mean the new bodies will have their EFRA approval number in the windscreens like other bodyshells?
Probably the term "new" is not correct, we don't want create confusion. The Narḍ and MC10 shells we are printing right now will be the same at 99,99%as previous productions, of course they will come with the Efra sigle engraved on the front window. We hope (but we are confident) the 2 small changes we did on the moulds will be pass the Roar inspection this time.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Andrew S
I did not have this problem with my car.
are you sure you have cut the same on both sides of the body?
I'm 100% sure my car and body mount is 100% FLAT, it is just so funny why BD guys tried to ignore my query..
Old 04-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mystique13
I'm 100% sure my car and body mount is 100% FLAT, it is just so funny why BD guys tried to ignore my query..
Hello Mystique, we sent a private message to you 2 days ago! Check your pm box, thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.