DIB vs DPM

Old 10-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking DIB vs DPM

So here's the question, DIB or DPM.
I've been playing around with my TT01-D for quite a couple of months now and thought that i might want to play with something more fun. I've done a little research regarding both monsters and know that Dpm is the shaft version of DRB which seems really awesome. But the trend now seems to be DIB. So i was wondering if anyone can give me some advice regarding these two monsters?
I've heard that DPM has quite a torque steering which i dont really understand the term 'Torque'.
I'm still quite new to RC so i would love to gain more knowledge before buying anything so costly.
ANW, i'm pretty interested in CS and steering angles. Hence which one can get me a pretty nice CS and angle?

Pretty much Thanks!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have no idea what you're talking about. But I don't have a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head handy.

-Mike
Old 10-29-2013, 03:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Huh? What's DIB and DRB stand for? Is this a drifting thing?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Red face

opps. Sorry >< I was referring to Yokomo's DIB, DRB and DPM Chassis. Hope this clears somethings~
Old 10-29-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

torque steer is common with shaft driven cars. torque steer means it'll pull to one side or the other under acceleration and you'll have to correct it via your steering wheel.
drifting doesn't work so well on uneven/dirty debris filled surfaces, so going with a belt driven isn't a downside like it can be with on-road racing, and you won't get the torque steer with belt driven.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wareagle84
torque steer is common with shaft driven cars. torque steer means it'll pull to one side or the other under acceleration and you'll have to correct it via your steering wheel.
Torque steer in shaft driven chassis is overblown IMO. A TC4 just won The Halloween Classic against belt driven Xrays and the like.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Go with the dib. Better balance and much easier to setup for countersteer. Be sure to buy the 1.5 cs rear belt and pulley set as well.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I have no idea what you're talking about. But I don't have a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head handy.

-Mike
Is this close enough?

Old 11-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for your input! I will be waiting for my pay day before getting a DIB Will start a new thread of the process of building that piece of art