Wiki Posts
Search

Sweep Carpet Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Sweep Carpet Tires

I know the predominate carpet spec tire is the JACO Blue, and that the SOREX 32/28 are good carpet tires too, but I am wondering about the SWEEP's 32/28 tires. I am asking this because I will most likely never race at a big race, just my club races at BRR in Columbia SC. The SOREX and the JACO's seem to have an availability issue. SWEEP also has a pretty good price point. I will be racing in 17.5 spec.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I know the predominate carpet spec tire is the JACO Blue, and that the SOREX 32/28 are good carpet tires too, but I am wondering about the SWEEP's 32/28 tires. I am asking this because I will most likely never race at a big race, just my club races at BRR in Columbia SC. The SOREX and the JACO's seem to have an availability issue. SWEEP also has a pretty good price point. I will be racing in 17.5 spec.

Thanks
We used to run the jaco blue at our track here in Dallas then switched to sweep. We started with the QTS 32 then went to the QTS28. They have been a good tire. They last pretty well on carpet and the dish wheel doesn't seem to warp like the jaco. I have always had issues with the hex on the jaco being a little too big and the sweeps have been problem free.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks
Sweep QTS-32's have been the handout tire at the US Indoor Champs for the last three years. They hold up exceedingly well, and offer great grip.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Sorex tires will always out perform Jaco, Sweep, or Solaris (an option you did not list), but mainly on low to medium grip tracks. I personally think Jaco tires are problematic due to, as stated above, the hex is a weak point. Sweep tires are good, but my car handles a lot better with Solaris. They seem to provide better side bite and give more consistent lap times. I do see a lot of the sweep rims cracking too soon in my opinion. I would recommend getting some of each type and see what gives you the best feel. Also it seems like all the Jaco tires got absorbed just before the Vegas race, which is the spec tire there. I am sure also lots of people bought them to get practice time in. The same thing will happen as we get close to snowbirds.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I dont have the option of trying out several manufactures tires as its is way too $$$ for me to do that. I know all brands have good and bad and have heard the solaris are really good, but avsilablity is an issue. If the sweeps were a spec tire at that level of competion, they have to be a respecatable tire. As my track is an indoor carpet track, but its in an unclimate controlled warehouse, it will be getting a little chilly in there this year. I think I am going with the 28's
Old 10-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I dont have the option of trying out several manufactures tires as its is way too $$$ for me to do that. I know all brands have good and bad and have heard the solaris are really good, but avsilablity is an issue. If the sweeps were a spec tire at that level of competion, they have to be a respecatable tire. As my track is an indoor carpet track, but its in an unclimate controlled warehouse, it will be getting a little chilly in there this year. I think I am going with the 28's
The 28's are good and if you clean and prep them right they give great traction and last good amount of time.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Sweep 28's come with two different rims, white (stiff), yellow (soft). Both have been very popular at our track where the layout gets changed frequently and the track is "dirty" for a while til a racing line appear. White rims are great but if you are looking for a bit more side bite try the yellow rims.
If your track already has a good racing line and tightens up quite a bit during the race day look into the 30EVO. This is a great tire as well.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Sweep QTS32 pre-mounts now come on Sweep's new "natural" rim. It's an awesome rim. Runs true, nice tight hex fitment, stiffer than the old nylon, and very strong and resistant to cracking.

-Mike
Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
The Sweep QTS32 pre-mounts now come on Sweep's new "natural" rim. It's an awesome rim. Runs true, nice tight hex fitment, stiffer than the old nylon, and very strong and resistant to cracking.

-Mike
It that what's with the almost translucent looking white wheels? I have a couple new sets from last year and they are very white and clearly a different material than the ones I just got when I reordered.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
It that what's with the almost translucent looking white wheels? I have a couple new sets from last year and they are very white and clearly a different material than the ones I just got when I reordered.
Yeah, the translucent ones are the new ones.

-Mike
Old 10-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

So with the sweep tires I am looking at 2 different compounds on 3 rims. ugh. I also have this ocd thing that I cant run rims that dont match my paint scheme. Touring car is fun but there are too many tuning options.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Touring car is fun but there are too many tuning options.

Exactly, that's why 12th scale and WGT are so awesome.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Exactly, that's why 12th scale and WGT are so awesome.
Trueing tires every run. T-plates and pod adjustments. Only one shock and side tubes. It might as well be b greek to me. I have tried and cant even begin to understand how to tune those things. Even with all the tire/rim/insert choices, Ill just pick one and tune the suspension around them. It might not be the best pick, but it will be close
Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

For those that switched from jacos to sweeps, did you have to make drastic set-up changes or could you run the same set-up?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I say we just bring foam tires back! CypressMidwest will agree!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.