Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team STPN
Is that car going to be finished for this weekend to run at Speedworld?? I will have mine done by then
Yup. It's all done!! Looking forward to giving it a go.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C.Smith
So when is the Alignment Guy going to come race at Norcal?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

what set up are you using?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
So when is the Alignment Guy going to come race at Norcal?
Idk maybe soon. Do they have a 10.5 class?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team STPN
what set up are you using?
Stock,except 400 oil in shocks,2.5 rear camber in rear and 1.5 camber in front
Old 10-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Found some extra parts in orange from my limited edition orange 09 ;-)
Old 10-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Idk maybe soon. Do they have a 10.5 class?
No 10.5 class. 17.5 blinky and mod right now.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I feel sorry for the people that are building this kit as their "first time build" only because you have no idea how good you have it. This car builds like a dream. Hard to believe that Xray could up their game but man they got this car right.

On the track the car is so smooth and has a very different feel than the T4. Lots of mid corner steering, but overall the entire feel of the car is different. And I mean a different good!

It initiates very well but also has the ability to carry the arc through the entire corner. Here is the kicker...somehow the car is not harder to drive. I really don't understand how you add a better steering feel and stability at the same time but I certainly feel it. As a matter of fact I think the T4'14 is easier to drive faster.

I am really excited to test some of the tuning parts, but right now the T4'14 is the best car I have ever built and run...hands down! (and believe me it has been a lot of cars)
Old 10-30-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
I feel sorry for the people that are building this kit as their "first time build" only because you have no idea how good you have it. This car builds like a dream. Hard to believe that Xray could up their game but man they got this car right.

On the track the car is so smooth and has a very different feel than the T4. Lots of mid corner steering, but overall the entire feel of the car is different. And I mean a different good!

It initiates very well but also has the ability to carry the arc through the entire corner. Here is the kicker...somehow the car is not harder to drive. I really don't understand how you add a better steering feel and stability at the same time but I certainly feel it. As a matter of fact I think the T4'14 is easier to drive faster.

I am really excited to test some of the tuning parts, but right now the T4'14 is the best car I have ever built and run...hands down! (and believe me it has been a lot of cars)
Art, I couldn't agree with you more. When I got mine on the track for the first time I was in awe of how good the car was and how different it felt.

I too found the car easier to drive fast. I love the feel of the car. It responds to inputs much more quickly than the previous iteration and finishes the corners more quickly. And that was just the first week of having the car.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by artwork

Did you go out with kit setup or did you make any alterations to it?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Art, I couldn't agree with you more. When I got mine on the track for the first time I was in awe of how good the car was and how different it felt.

I too found the car easier to drive fast. I love the feel of the car. It responds to inputs much more quickly than the previous iteration and finishes the corners more quickly. And that was just the first week of having the car.
T-3 days until I get to sample this T4 '14 goodness for myself. The prospect of driving an XRay that finishes a corner well is very exciting indeed. If there was any one gripe I had with all previous versions of the XRay TCs, is that there's a fine line between being free enough to finish the corner well, and being too loose once you've hit the corner apex.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
T-3 days until I get to sample this T4 '14 goodness for myself. The prospect of driving an XRay that finishes a corner well is very exciting indeed. If there was any one gripe I had with all previous versions of the XRay TCs, is that there's a fine line between being free enough to finish the corner well, and being too loose once you've hit the corner apex.
It really is that good, Barry. It's still planted, but seems to keep so much more momentum finishing the corners. Maybe a better way to put it is that it keeps more of its corner speed as it finishes rather than it finishes more quickly.

My recommendation: start with the kit setup, but go to stiffer springs immediately, say, 2.7s. From there start to make some typical alterations to your setup and see how the car responds.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have to echo what the others have said. Now that I've run the car a bit more, I'm super impressed with it. The way it seems to turn more naturally reminds me a lot of the 416, except way more stable and easy to drive. I'm really excited to get back out to the track and start experimenting with different things.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I have to echo what the others have said. Now that I've run the car a bit more, I'm super impressed with it. The way it seems to turn more naturally reminds me a lot of the 416, except way more stable and easy to drive. I'm really excited to get back out to the track and start experimenting with different things.
Right on!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

My first thoughts of the 14 with one race day on it with a 90% kit setup
I changed rear toe to 2° and raised role center
[1°][°1]RR blocks
[ i ][ i ]FR blocks
Stood up rear shocks 1 hole
2000cst ae rear diff oil
Front gear diff 2.5m
1.5mm f/2.5mm r over ride height
5.2f/5.4r height
Car drives /turns great tho dont turn in as hard as i want it to .
Drags both sides of chassis BAD (high traction 2010 iic carpet) !
What would u do ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.