Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
The idea of preventing too much throw is too reduce scrub, which reduces corner speed, that's why the '14 and the T4 actually had less steering lock than their previous cars.

If you need more lock, your setup needs sorting out.

If anyone can't get full lock with the standard setup, I can only assume that mainly Savox servo's don't have as much movement as most others (only seems to be Savox's that are having problems)
I'm getting 26* with both my savox servos. One is a 1251 and one is a 1258. So I don't think its a savox issue.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Ur toe angles will have a affect on Ur total steering also .
Old 10-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skiddins
The idea of preventing too much throw is too reduce scrub, which reduces corner speed, that's why the '14 and the T4 actually had less steering lock than their previous cars.

If you need more lock, your setup needs sorting out.

If anyone can't get full lock with the standard setup, I can only assume that mainly Savox servo's don't have as much movement as most others (only seems to be Savox's that are having problems)
What are the steering angles at lock? Anyone put the T4 on a setup station and have those numbers?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Ur toe angles will have a affect on Ur total steering also .

I'm getting 26* both directions. That's with .5* of toe so I guess 25.5* from just the throw. This is on my Hudy setup station.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I'm getting 26* with both my savox servos. One is a 1251 and one is a 1258. So I don't think its a savox issue.
Ok, so it's just people not setting their servo up correctly

Originally Posted by cgroves
What are the steering angles at lock? Anyone put the T4 on a setup station and have those numbers?
I get roughly 26deg on the inside wheel, and around 19deg on the outside wheel with 0.5deg toe out.

I think one thing people forget is to make sure the servo is 'vertical' (with nothing attached) then put the saver insert onto the spline and and put the saver on, if the saver is not vertical, remove it and keep trying the insert in different positions on the spline until the saver is a vertical as possible.
Then make sure the centre link is as central as possible.
Then check camber and toe
Then set the end points etc.

If you don't do the EPA last, there's a chance the steering will not actually be straight so the end points will be off.

When I built my new car, I set everything up in the steering before I'd even attached the servo link so that I knew it was central.
I actually managed to do a good enough job that it didn't need any trim when I ran it.

Skiddins
Old 10-15-2013, 05:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Skiddins,

Have you done the first round of the rug racers, if so did you use the 14 and how did it go?

Mike
Old 10-15-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Anybody knows if its possible to put 0 or 0,5 degree at rear toe in?.

Regards.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

It has been a while since I have run an Xray and I decided to give the 2014 a go. I spoke with some of the guys at our club who have been running the 2013 model about setups etc. but decided that I would run it, for it's first race on carpet, using the kit carpet setup. I thought it was fantastic! I was a bit worried about the amount of steering due to the limiter before I ran it but it just made me realise that I have probably been running too much steering all these years as I had no problems getting through some tight hairpins (indoor medium grip carpet in a school gym sized hall). Past cars have felt like they have stopped at times mid corner but not the T4 which carried lots of speed and was very easy to drive. I ended up not making any changes at all to the car all day and was able to spend my day getting to grips with the 13.5 motors we are using this year.

Some of the other guys who had run the 2013 cars felt is was a bit loose with their 2013 setups on the 2014 car and reckoned it was down to the amount of steering the new car has. I think it is worth starting with kit and working out your setup again rather than thinking that your 2013 setup will work perfectly on the 2014 car.

I also really like the fact that when I went to check the downstops, camber, toe etc. just before the finals they were exactly the same as I had set them up - no movement at all.

Really like this car and I am looking forward to the next race and might even change a few things LOL.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaNoN
Anybody knows if its possible to put 0 or 0,5 degree at rear toe in?.

Regards.
Rear toe is adjustable in .5 degree increments. You can make it from 1 degree to 4 degrees I think.

EA
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mikkel_R
Hi Skiddins,

Have you done the first round of the rug racers, if so did you use the 14 and how did it go?

Mike
Yes.
No, I used the old car as I hadn't quite finished the T4'14 at the time.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Rear toe is adjustable in .5 degree increments. You can make it from 1 degree to 4 degrees I think.

EA
To achieve 1degree of toe Ur u haveing to use the widest setting on rf mount? Could u not use a 1° toe rear hub on opposite side to keep from making rear wider? Or would it make geometry changes?
Old 10-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
To achieve 1degree of toe Ur u haveing to use the widest setting on rf mount? Could u not use a 1° toe rear hub on opposite side to keep from making rear wider? Or would it make geometry changes?
I wold never run hubs on the outside backwards. I dont think it will work properly. I have never seen an instruction manual for the settings so I am not sure how to get it but with 3 degrees built in and 1 degree off sets the math works out that you can. Wide front mount and narrow rear would make sense.

EA
Old 10-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
Thanks for reply. Thats a pity, we use 0 or .5 degree in stock class .My T4 14 is now with 1 degree..

I wiss xray makes a new rear lower suspension holder to put 0 or .5 degree.

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

^^ do you have pics of your track?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
^^ do you have pics of your track?
A video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZN1lLwax8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.