Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice! >

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fmm
I have installed the servo in laydown position, but I have seen that the steering links hit the upper arm. I have cutters the lower chassis and still hit the arms. Are you using spacer between the servo saver and ballstuds? How many?

Thank you in advance!
I presume you are using the bellcrank set up?
i have mine layed down..kopro lowprofile servo and have the sp alloy servo arm and alloy bridge only so no servo saver and running 3x 2mm spacers but you could run 2x 2mm and 1x 1mm and heaps of clearance.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I run my servo at a slight down angle, I think it helps the ackerman angles a little, you can sort of see it in this photo,
I only have to run 1X 2mm shim with a Tamiya servo saver

Beth.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

well guys just finished my stj build great one. just have one or two questions:what would be the effect (handling wise)of changing the pod angle? more flat=? more angle=? any help would be great. will be testing this sat. i will report back how she goes. will be tested on carpet on foam tires 185 wide.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:24 PM
fmm
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by evochick
I run my servo at a slight down angle, I think it helps the ackerman angles a little, you can sort of see it in this photo,
I only have to run 1X 2mm shim with a Tamiya servo saver

Beth.
Thank you very much for both replies!

Are you using a lot of Ackerman?

With the the servo completely flat (parallel to the chassis), I think I will not have problems with 3mm spacer, but not sure the effect on the Ackerman. Can someone help me to properly setup the Ackerman in a F1?

Thank you very much in advance!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fmm

Are you using a lot of Ackerman?

With the the servo completely flat (parallel to the chassis), I think I will not have problems with 3mm spacer, but not sure the effect on the Ackerman. Can someone help me to properly setup the Ackerman in a F1?

Thank you very much in advance!
I wouldn't say it a lot of ackerman, its certainly less then the yokomo ran,

Its honestly a trial and see if you like it thing, with the servo angled you should get a slightly increased angle on the inside wheel,

Regarding CFRacing for the pod angle, all the setups I have seen have the pod sitting flat or with only a very slight angle.
Just use Hara's setup, you cant go wrong.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wouldn't say it a lot of ackerman, its certainly less then the yokomo ran,

Its honestly a trial and see if you like it thing, with the servo angled you should get a slightly increased angle on the inside wheel,

Regarding CFRacing for the pod angle, all the setups I have seen have the pod sitting flat or with only a very slight angle.
Just use Hara's setup, you cant go wrong.
thanks evochick for your reply.with hara"s setup the pod ends up with .50mm lower ride height at the front of the pod than the rear.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

StreetJams now out of stock again

looks like you have still got to be quick if you want one
Old 01-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

does anybody knows the weight of the factory shock oil? thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just finished building my Street Jam, and I have to say that I was expecting something better than what I had bought.

Between the vague & ambiguous instruction manual, missing parts, super soft plastic material, parts not lining up, and incorrectly bagged parts, I honestly cant give this kit any higher rating than 5/10 for a building experience.

Of note was the included shock absorbers, which were a nightmare and tedious exercise to build. Those tiny "e" clips that bent, or flew off in different directions when you tried to ever so gently snap into place on the shock shaft almost had me to the point of abandoning the build completely.
Fortunately I found a way to hold them in place while gently clipping them into place in the grooves, so I persisted with the rest of the build.

The plastic rear axle inserts that would not fit in, without a considerable amount of force, which in turn transferred pressure onto the outer race of the bearings, that made the bearing feel tight & "notchy" is also worthy of a mention.
The only way that this could be rectified, was to dremel off some of the plastic at the top of the insert, so that it could easily be inserted snugly into the aluminum housing with a minimal amount of pressure, yet stay tight enough so there was no play between it & the housing.

Will be installing the electrics over the next day or so, along with mounting body & wings, and will hopefully have it ready to race for next weekend.
Have followed, and setup the car to evochick's recommendations, and sincerely hope it's performance on the track will be a more positive experience to make up for the negatives so far.

Regards
Rob.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:13 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OscarF1
Soldering is no solution ( already did that )

I will try to tap 2 new m3 thread holes in de motor front plate,
that should help.
Regulations are this motor only at one of the circuits I tend to race.
Hope they don't mind the extra holes!
Hi again!

I found the solution. The only thing you need do is unscrew the three screws of the front motor plate, turn the motor plate clockwise to the next position (when the hole of the screws align again) and screw the screws!

As simple as that! I have now my hobbywing motor perfectly fitted into the car.

Hope this helps
Old 01-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Just finished building my Street Jam, and I have to say that I was expecting something better than what I had bought.

Between the vague & ambiguous instruction manual, missing parts, super soft plastic material, parts not lining up, and incorrectly bagged parts, I honestly cant give this kit any higher rating than 5/10 for a building experience.

Of note was the included shock absorbers, which were a nightmare and tedious exercise to build. Those tiny "e" clips that bent, or flew off in different directions when you tried to ever so gently snap into place on the shock shaft almost had me to the point of abandoning the build completely.
Fortunately I found a way to hold them in place while gently clipping them into place in the grooves, so I persisted with the rest of the build.

The plastic rear axle inserts that would not fit in, without a considerable amount of force, which in turn transferred pressure onto the outer race of the bearings, that made the bearing feel tight & "notchy" is also worthy of a mention.
The only way that this could be rectified, was to dremel off some of the plastic at the top of the insert, so that it could easily be inserted snugly into the aluminum housing with a minimal amount of pressure, yet stay tight enough so there was no play between it & the housing.

Will be installing the electrics over the next day or so, along with mounting body & wings, and will hopefully have it ready to race for next weekend.
Have followed, and setup the car to evochick's recommendations, and sincerely hope it's performance on the track will be a more positive experience to make up for the negatives so far.

Regards
Rob.
Wow that's not good rob,there is nothing worse than a new car that in some way does not quit come up to ones expectations, hope your right & it's performance is better than the build
Old 01-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Did make some extra m3 holes in the front motor plate (HW Xerun)

Wiring:

Old 01-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yup, the build was pretty crappy after being spoiled by Tamiya F1 cars. The front end annoyed me with the lower plate and all the damn shims. Parts quality sucked too. I ended up ordering so many upgrades to get it right.

Luckily the car shows promise. I need more track time with it but with a little more tuning, I think I can get it faster than my normal link F1 cars.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Wow Rob i didnt experience any of that..
yep the eclips were small but mine went on ok. Also yes i sanded the ride height inserts a little so they were less tight. But i didnt dremil mine just a little sanding on the edge that tapers. Sorry for not mentioning it. But other then that you just must have got a lemon kit which is always dissapointing ..

Perhaps after a couple of years of building associated kits to me any kit quality is an improvement
Old 01-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Wow Rob i didnt experience any of that..
yep the eclips were small but mine went on ok. Also yes i sanded the ride height inserts a little so they were less tight. But i didnt dremil mine just a little sanding on the edge that tapers. Sorry for not mentioning it. But other then that you just must have got a lemon kit which is always dissapointing ..

Perhaps after a couple of years of building associated kits to me any kit quality is an improvement

yeah same mine was all good and yeah the eclips are tricky but every kit has tricky bits and if they didnt lets face it it would make the build boring.

my inserts were fine and bearings were fine so as said maybe a lemon but a bit of sanding here and there is expected and better than being loose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.