R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default tc6 Drift

Hey guys, I have been racing my tc6 for about few months now but since my local rc track has now gone out of business I want to turn my tc6 into a drifter. I know it's not made for drifting but I want to turn it into a drifter. I do not want to sell my tc6 or in a position to buy a new drift car. I purchased a Novak drift spec combo from towerhobbies to put into the tc6 so hopefully that helps. Any tips or suggestions you guys could offer would be great! If anyone has any info on the Novak drift spec combo that would help to! Thanks!
AFlyingPenguin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFlyingPenguin7 View Post
Hey guys, I have been racing my tc6 for about few months now but since my local rc track has now gone out of business I want to turn my tc6 into a drifter. I know it's not made for drifting but I want to turn it into a drifter. I do not want to sell my tc6 or in a position to buy a new drift car. I purchased a Novak drift spec combo from towerhobbies to put into the tc6 so hopefully that helps. Any tips or suggestions you guys could offer would be great! If anyone has any info on the Novak drift spec combo that would help to! Thanks!
the ae cars make fantastic 50/50 drift cars due to the solid weight distribution. my tc5 is super planted as a driftcar. they can handle boost well on drift tires and dont really need much tinkering with other than soft shock springs in the rear and maybe a 1 way up front of your drifting on a tight twisty track.

Eagle Racing GRT FRD. Tamiya F103GT. Tamiya Blackfoot............ORIGINAL
kneedeeppow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Thanks! I'm probably going to order the shocks and the one way soon. Do you know anything about the Novak drift spec combo?
AFlyingPenguin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

i have that combo and it works amazing, plenty of power for drifting. the esc is basically a novak edge with a few more features. if you don't have one already get a rear spool. with the shocks stand the fronts up a lot and lay the rears down. dial in spme front and rear camber too. like 2.5+ degrees. why got new shocks? the stock ones are amazing? only thing better might be trfs. also get really soft springs.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drift, novak, tc6