Wiki Posts
Search

Help Wanted - Building a Tamiya chassis

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Help Wanted - Building a Tamiya chassis

Hi All

I recently Bought a few items from a friend of mine ,a tamiya ta05ms chassis which I completed over this pass weekend ,also a TRF414m which I also completed building few months back ..both do not have anything other then standard servo's so over the weekend I went spare hunting ,I bought a Novak GTB with lipo cut off and a 5.5T leopard motor and bodies etc .Will this motor and Esc work together also are there any tricks or advice I can get and which chassis would be more suitable , I am new to all this I basically just want something fast to play around with ,I enter friendly races with a few of my friends nothing to serious

Any form of help will be most appreciated
Thank you
Old 07-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

The 414 is pretty old school and designed way way before brushless and lipo was around for RC cars, not sure if lipo packs fit and not too sure how the drive train would stand up to modified brushless power.

More info on the 414 here http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-414x-228.html

The TA-05MS was actually quite good in stock classes, I used to run one in 17.5 and 10.5 boosted classes and it had good steering and nice balanced handling. I tried it in mod for a bit but the belts were a real weak point , lipo packs fit fine only issue is space to mount the esc behind the servo with that layshaft assembly taking up valuable space but it's ok if you use a low profile servo.

More info on the 05MS here http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ta05ms-93.html
Old 07-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skitee
The 414 is pretty old school and designed way way before brushless and lipo was around for RC cars, not sure if lipo packs fit and not too sure how the drive train would stand up to modified brushless power.

More info on the 414 here http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-414x-228.html
I've never had one but looking at some pics, looks like it should work fine with a saddle lipo.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

thanks so much guys ,another thing will a 5.5t leopard work fine with a gtb novak esc?