Wiki Posts
Search

AE and LRP Split in the US

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default AE and LRP Split in the US

Anyone else see this on LiveRC? I thought they were doing a great job together. Guess there may be some new stuff in the works at Reedy now.

EA
Old 07-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
...Guess there may be some new stuff in the works at Reedy now.

EA
Yep that's exactly what it is.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

At first glance, I was really surprised since they have been together so long and done so well but when you look at just how much their products have started to overlap, I'm kinda surprised they waited this long to split.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Team EAM

With Rick in charge of the Reedy department and Sean's experience I am sure they will come up with something great!

EA
Old 07-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Wasn't there a prototype Reedy Speedo making the rounds at the Nuremberg Toy Fair this year?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Fingers crossed that it's not another Hobbywing OEM.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Rick ran something different at the Asphalt nats in FL I think. At the time I thought it may have been another LRP prototype. But maybe not. I know he was fast there so what ever it is was working. I am sure once he sees the thread he will chime in. And with IIC 74 days away I bet we see something there for sure!

EA
Old 07-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Lord

I heard a certain track might be opening its doors for 96 straight hours of practice prior to IIC. Maybe we'll see it there?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Who wil service or LRP stuff till the Sep. 1th?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by patorz31
Wasn't there a prototype Reedy Speedo making the rounds at the Nuremberg Toy Fair this year?
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Rick ran something different at the Asphalt nats in FL I think. At the time I thought it may have been another LRP prototype. But maybe not. I know he was fast there so what ever it is was working. I am sure once he sees the thread he will chime in. And with IIC 74 days away I bet we see something there for sure!

EA
Not another HW don't worry!

We did display an ESC at Nuremberg. It was actually placed in the booth to determine who actually pays attention to what is being displayed rather than to show the ESC. It was not picked up by many visitors or media.

I have been using a prototype since early this year. I ran it in all the on-road races plus at the Reedy Race and Worlds warm up in my off road cars. Other off-road guys have tested it as well.

There are some hardware changes being made now but the programming has been pretty much been set and includes some nice features relating to the brake adjustment. We know that ESC feel is critical so that has been the main focus of the ESC development. Speed is important but if the power delivery is poor or the brakes suck an ESC is worthless.

FYI what has seen is looks completely different than the final product.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
We did display an ESC at Nuremberg. It was actually placed in the booth to determine who actually pays attention to what is being displayed rather than to show the ESC. It was not picked up by many visitors or media.
I remember reading about it in Radio Race Car International, I didn't get to go this year, wife veto'd it...
Old 07-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey all: I have been thinking for quite a while now as well that with the lrp line of products expanding that both Reedy and LRP had to many overlapping products as some here have already stated and something had to give. Thanks for the update Rick and can't wait to see what AE/Reedy have in store for us next. Maybe a new long overdue update on the Reedy nitro engine who knows? Thanks
Old 07-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Lord

We know that ESC feel is critical so that has been the main focus of the ESC development. Speed is important but if the power delivery is poor or the brakes suck an ESC is worthless.
I love when someone gets it.

I eagerly await the new products!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Lord

Any word on a new distributor for LRP in the US?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Team EAM

Not another HW don't worry!

I have been using a prototype since early this year. I ran it in all the on-road races plus at the Reedy Race and Worlds warm up in my off road cars. Other off-road guys have tested it as well.

There are some hardware changes being made now but the programming has been pretty much been set and includes some nice features relating to the brake adjustment. We know that ESC feel is critical so that has been the main focus of the ESC development. Speed is important but if the power delivery is poor or the brakes suck an ESC is worthless.

FYI what has seen is looks completely different than the final product.

Thanks for the update Rick! Best of luck with the new lineup!! See you at Vegas.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.