Wiki Posts
Search

JRSX brand new Tweaked????

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default JRSX brand new Tweaked????

I need help with my losi jrsx. I just got it together and the chassis wont stay flat. Its off by alot. Has anyone else came across this problem yet? I asked a couple racers at a local track and they said they maybe contact Losi about getting another one? Just wanting some suggestions on what to do or if anyone can offer me some help.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Hello James,

Help us out with some more details and/or pictures of your problem and we can all probably help you out a little better.

You can also post in the JRXS thread - the guys and that race that car will be glad to jump in a give you a hand.

When you say the chassis is not flat, with the car assembled without tires, the chassis seems to be warped or tweaked when set on a totally flat surface?
Old 05-29-2005, 08:06 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

If you sealed it wrong, it or any car would seem tweaked.

I set the car up all perfect the other day, praticed hard for a day, lots of crashes, without breakage, slammed a wall hard, I thought I would have to re tweak it to get it strait again. Got home set it on the board and it was just as strait as when I left that day.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Make sure you tighten all your hardware in steps and don't tighten one side before others, try to do it evenly. The torque from the tightened screws all on one side can tweak a chassis. If this is not the case, it might just be a manufaturers defect. All companies experience this to a certain degree, just make sure it isn't something you did.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Yes with the tires on, placed on a flat surface the right front wheel is off the table and if you push it down the left rear will rise. The shocks and everything is set where it should be, just cant get it to set the way its supposed to be. I held if flat when I put on the upper dwecks like i was told and tightened everything as evenly as i could and still the same result
Old 05-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

take the tires and shocks off the car and see if the chassis lies flat on the board or table. The chassis itself should lay flat. If it does then it's not the chassis that's tweaked but probably something wrong in the suspension. But, start with that step and see what happens.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

James....check the front top plate and make sure its not on upside down. The plate is marked top and bottom and it fits both ways but if its on upside down it will tweak the car. Check Losi's site they talk about this. Make sure that if you sealed the top plates that any extra glue is not causing the chassis to tweak.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Checked and its on right and i didnt glue it yet
Old 05-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by James605
Checked and its on right and i didnt glue it yet
Personally, that does not sound like the chassis is tweaked to me. It sounds like something is not assembled correctly. From what you describe, I very highly doubt the chassis is tweaked. For the chassis to be tweaked as badly as you say, the chassis itself would have to be warped the second you took it out of the box.

Check the drop settings on the car. If one is set to have more droop than the other three, the problem you describe would happen. Also make sure the shocks are all the same length.

Take the tires off the car and uncrew the bottom of the shocks from the A-Arms, disconnect any sway bars and then lay the chassis flat on a set up board. If the chassis lays flat here but then seems tweaked when it is assembled with sway bars, shocks and tires, then it's not the car but the setup.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

i took everything off and layed it out and its still tweaked.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Since the tweak looks bad and you do not know what the cause of it is, I would take the car apart and start all over with the bare chassis. Check the bare chassis for tweak and as you start assembling the car, check the tweak through each part of assembly.
Like I said earlier, it sounds more of an assembly issue to me than a quality problem with the kit.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Has anyone ever had to deal with sending a kit back to losi? How is their service? Just wondering because i think thats what I am going to have to do.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would call there customer service number, or get a hold of the person you bought it from and tell them the car is a peice of sh#t and you want your money back. Then ask them if they sell Tamiya, Yokomo, Corally, or Xray, because you want to run a car, thats made with high quality parts and components.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I heard of a guy in the Nor-Cal area with the same problem, and he had a team driver working on it and nobody could figure out what is wrong with it. Something was causing the chassis to be bad tweaked. Maybe some parts were machined off or some holes are mis-drilled.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I heard of a guy in the Nor-Cal area with the same problem, and he had a team driver working on it and nobody could figure out what is wrong with it. Something was causing the chassis to be bad tweaked. Maybe some parts were machined off or some holes are mis-drilled.
Smashman ...his tweek was fixed last weekend, I think they took everything apart and reput it together, still not sure what the original issue was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.