Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Default 2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida

Well folks it has been decided that the worlds will be at one of the best destination to vacation in the world. One of the things that made this location great before are some of the same reasons that make it ideal again. We have all the Disney parks, Sea World Parks and Universal Studios. Bring your family with you. This location is fantastic and offers many excursions for families as we race. Adrian Martinez did an amazing job with helping the owner of the track in 2004 whose name was Jorge Ruiz. Since 2004 Jorge has been no where and we have run an 1/8th nationals and many, many awesome events. George Martinez is the current track owner and is planning a lot of things to improve the track.

On June 5th 2013, Kissimmee will be repaved. Yes New Asphalt. Track improvements are all coming after the new asphalt. The one big thing that was in need at the track was the asphalt. It is old and has been used to its maximum for 8 years.

George and I have been brain storming about the future of Kissimmee and how to proceed with the plans for the 2014 worlds. We are working on the stage one report and plans on how to make this another wonderful event.

The 1/10th and 1/12th electric worlds will be held in Kissimmee and have two separate layouts for the two different classes

Pre Worlds Dates coming soon!

Roar Quote:
ROAR would like to first thank IFMAR for allowing us to make a second go at hosting the 2014 Electric On Road World Championships. In doing so they have made it possible for ROAR to keep this event in the ROAR Bloc for 2014. We would also like to Thank all of the racers and track operators for their support in bringing this event back. We had but a short window in which to get potential bids in and it was a very tough choice for the Ex comm as all the Facilities where equally capable in holding this prestigious event however we could only pick one. With that being said we would like to congratulate Full Throttle Raceway in beautiful Kissimmee Florida as the host track for the 2014 Electric On Road Worlds. Stay tuned for more updates on this event.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangulo
The 1/10th and 1/12th electric worlds will be held in Kissimmee and have two separate layouts for the two different classes
so is that to imply that 1/12 will decidedly be held on asphalt??
Old 05-25-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Yes, all racing will be outdoors. There will be two separate layouts within the same track. In 2004 we held the worlds here in kissimmee and 1/12th was held on asphalt. It was an awesome event. Watching Masami run his 1/12th on asphalt was really cool for all of us watching.

Last edited by rangulo; 05-25-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gotta love people who love the sport.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

I ran a couple of Pro10's around there a couple of years ago, a championship for them would be mega awesome!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Congratulations on getting the nats!

Great decision to run both on asphalt
Old 05-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rangulo
Yes, all racing will be outdoors. There will be two separate layouts within the same track. In 2004 we held the worlds here in kissimmee and 1/12th was held on asphalt. It was an awesome event. Watching Masami run his 1/12th on asphalt was really cool for all of us watching.
Asphalt ... great!

I have raced at every 1/12th Worlds since 2004.
I missed 2008. I did not fancy a trip to Bangkok (also on tarmac) to face a surface I have never raced on in 1/12th.

From what I remember 2008 was a poorly attended event that was totally non-competitive due to the massive advantage afforded to the one or two (two) drivers that had the right tyre.

Why would you do this again? Is it a money thing? Are you asking me to spend a bunch of personal money to come all the way over to FL (and I would come) but the asphalt thing may be a bit of a show stopper for me.

I would appreciate understanding the thinking and justification for putting this event on tarmac. If this in in fact a fait accompli then I would like to hear plans on a control tyre otherwise we may as well give some Japanese lad the trophy now, lets all save the money and just send it in the post.

Mark Payne

Last edited by Mark Payne; 05-25-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Nationals just few weeks ago held 1/12 scale on pavement. It ran fine even had some traction roll.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Payne
Why would you do this again? Is it a money thing? Are you asking me to spend a bunch of personal money to come all the way over to FL (and I would come) but the asphalt thing may be a bit of a show stopper for me.

I would appreciate understanding the thinking and justification for putting this event on tarmac. If this in in fact a fait accompli then I would like to hear plans on a control tyre otherwise we may as well give some Japanese lad the trophy now, lets all save the money and just send it in the post.

Mark Payne
Because they dont have a carpet track maybe? I think there's still only one full time carpet track in the state of Florida and they aren't big enough to hold a worlds.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by abailey21
Because they dont have a carpet track maybe? I think there's still only one full time carpet track in the state of Florida and they aren't big enough to hold a worlds.
I think the nice Frank Calandra would sort that out pretty quickly. A 12th track is purely a known (and I mean known) type of carpet and a bunch of white plastic square section drain pipe with a few plastic flappy bits. The rest is tape and velcro. Oh and a sports hall with a flat floor.

American organisers could surely save the money they spend on promo girls to pose in sad photos and buy some bits and/or allow Frank some free sponsorship placement in return for a loaner carpet?

Mark
Old 05-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Payne
Asphalt ... great!

From what I remember 2008 was a poorly attended event that was totally non-competitive due to the massive advantage afforded to the one or two (two) drivers that had the right tyre.
Supposedly, that tire is available to everyone now.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

From the IMFAR Rules. "In case of outdoors on asphalt track, control tire is compulsory."
Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for all the interest on the type of racing surface for 1/12th scale. We are happy to have all the international and US drivers attend this IFMAR World event. We expect that some may not be able to make this event and we feel honored to host this race. IFMAR is the organization of the worlds and Kissimmee Full Throttle Raceway is just the host at our facility. We have no control on rules concerning the actual race and if the tires are controlled or open. I am more than sure IFMAR would like to hear from all of its racers.

I am under the impression your referring to the yokomo rubber that Masami used. If that is a concern maybe IFMAR should make a call on that class.

We are working together to make this a great race.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scarecrow
From the IMFAR Rules. "In case of outdoors on asphalt track, control tire is compulsory."
That's for ISTC not 1/12.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scarecrow
Where did you find that rule? The only rule I see for 1/12th is this:

Free choice of tyres. They must be black except
sidewall detailing. Wheels and tyres must not be of
a material that can damage de surface of the tr
ack. Odourless, commercially available tyre
treatment is free for as long as not suspected to be a potential health hazard and/or not
deteriorating the track surface. This to the di
scretion of the organizers who can submit for
agreement with IFMAR officials suspected additive
s in order to be forbidden for health, comfort,
safety or local legislation reasons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.