Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Factory Team TC4 from RCX

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Adding or removing the posts or center spine (or any combination in between) will allow you to run one of the softest cars on the market or one of the stiffest!!!!! So, for low-traction asphalt, you can play with chassis flex to get traction. For carpet, add the spine and the side posts and get a super-stiff chassis! It was designed to be used at both ends of the 'traction' spectrum.

As far as a 'conversion', I'm not sure if we are doing one or not. It might be a cost thing at that point.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Cheers TPhalen. Can't wait to see/try this car, looks absolutley amazing. Just hope it will be as fast as my TC4 is at the moment.....

Cheers
Crashmaster
Old 05-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi jon
geez man some of you bitch just to bitch...car looks good to me. and the group of you who are complaining about weight issues are probably the ones who just need to practice.
You don't have a clue. Since when has it been good for a car to be too heavy? With the same driving a lighter car will pull faster laptimes. Also I was only refering to the 1500kg limit. There are many clubs that do not weigh the cars so a hpi pro4 driver could be racing with a 100g advantage...
Old 05-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

1500kg limit
hrm...
Old 05-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

:edit:
Old 05-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

wooohoo

cant wait
Old 05-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JevUK
You don't have a clue. Since when has it been good for a car to be too heavy? With the same driving a lighter car will pull faster laptimes. Also I was only refering to the 1500kg limit. There are many clubs that do not weigh the cars so a hpi pro4 driver could be racing with a 100g advantage...

i DO have a clue...if you read my post and get the idea behind it i was not saying a heavy car is better...i want YOU to tell me where i put that in my post? you cant! i was saying that here we go again bitching about such small things when practicing would do you more good than complaining about half a gram of weight.....i mean a HEAVY front bumper? i dont even remember who posted that but are you kidding me?
Old 05-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fathead
I too am annoyed that they didn't just make new gearbox covers instead of that stupid adapter would have made the car lighter as well.

they had to keep something from the old design ... their gear box covers date back to the TC3... personally, i agree, the old gear covers are the number 1 thing they should have scraped with the TC4
Old 05-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

i DO have a clue...if you read my post and get the idea behind it i was not saying a heavy car is better...i want YOU to tell me where i put that in my post? you cant! i was saying that here we go again bitching about such small things when practicing would do you more good than complaining about half a gram of weight.....i mean a HEAVY front bumper? i dont even remember who posted that but are you kidding me?

oh yeah,it was YOU who posted that.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Tony- Will there be a conversion for TC4's to be a FT?
Old 05-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

oh yeah,it was YOU who posted that.
I just weighed the foam and it's 14g! I made my own and it weighs 4grams and does just as good a job. The location is just where you don't want extra weight, ie further away from the center... It's the attention to detail that matters to a real racer. Consider yourself a noob, lol.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

I just weighed the foam and it's 14g! I made my own and it weighs 4grams and does just as good a job. The location is just where you don't want extra weight, ie further away from the center... It's the attention to detail that matters to a real racer. Consider yourself a noob, lol.
BRAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

the car looks good, you should be able to convert the old TC4 to the new, just need shgocks towers, arm mounts, and entire chassis
Old 05-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

yeah-i've been racing for eight years and was sponsored.i'm a noob,whatever.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can't we all just get along?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Get along ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.