Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Just to let everyone know this past weekend there was a large parking lot race here in fiery southern california. The F201 mains were at the very end of the day, well the sprinklers came on and sprayed 1/3 of the track with plenty of water. The F201's drove nicely with little change to traction. I love the grooves on the tires! The only thing was when the car drove through a puddle, it hydroplaned! Cool, but controllable. The best thing about it was the electronics were dry, and the car came off the track with clean tires.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Lucky you! My car was plastered with ash and gunk all over the back end of the car. Which was fine since it was time for a rebuild.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:30 AM
Ooj
Tech Regular

Hey all. I am looking to get a f201 tuned edition soon. Need to keep it TCS legal. I have a multitude of annoying questions about the kit.....I have edited out some of the more annoying questions i found answers to after i posted....

Do you get both the standard gear set and high speed gear set?

Do I need to buy another set of hop up springs to get 4 of each soft/med/hard?

Does it come with clamp type hex wheel adapters?

Are the lightweight diffs included?

Are the lightweight diff balls included?

Whats the difference between the reinforced propellor shaft vs standard? Whats in the kit?

What servo saver comes with the car?

Are the bearings rubber or metal shielded?

What tyres come with the kit?

does the spare body come with its own set of wings?

What other hop ups are missing?

What spares should I get..... especially regarding breakables such as gears, wings, arms?

If you have read this far, I applaud your attention span. Thanks for any advise.

Thanks

Last edited by Ooj; 11-01-2003 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ooj
Hey all. I am looking to get a f201 tuned edition soon. Need to keep it TCS legal. I have a multitude of annoying questions about the kit.....I have edited out some of the more annoying questions i found answers to after i posted....

Do you get both the standard gear set and high speed gear set?

Do I need to buy another set of hop up springs to get 4 of each soft/med/hard?

Does it come with clamp type hex wheel adapters?

Are the lightweight diffs included?

Are the lightweight diff balls included?

Whats the difference between the reinforced propellor shaft vs standard? Whats in the kit?

What servo saver comes with the car?

Are the bearings rubber or metal shielded?

What tyres come with the kit?

does the spare body come with its own set of wings?

What other hop ups are missing?

What spares should I get..... especially regarding breakables such as gears, wings, arms?

If you have read this far, I applaud your attention span. Thanks for any advise.

Thanks
You only get the high speed gear set.
You can purchase another set of springs if you want to use the same tension spring all around.
Clamp hex adapters: no.
Light weight diifs halves: no.
Light diff balls: no.
Reinforced shafts are thicker, stock (kit) shafts are thin sometimes bent.
Get your own servo saver, you'll thank me.
Bearings are metal shielded.
Tires are vinyl.
The spare body is only a spare, no extra wing set.

Get the parts you are asking about and you should be fine.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Ooj
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info RCInfinity. Its a shame there is no actual webpage for this car yet at tamiya. Just one more question....what spares should I get in terms of breakables and wearables such as gears, wings, arms....Ive only ever had the 103 and those were the 3 main things that I had to buy all the time.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ooj
Thanks for the info RCInfinity. Its a shame there is no actual webpage for this car yet at tamiya. Just one more question....what spares should I get in terms of breakables and wearables such as gears, wings, arms....Ive only ever had the 103 and those were the 3 main things that I had to buy all the time.
Well, much of the breakables were replaced, especially the lower arms. I recommend hopping up the drivetrain. If you can get the car to spin free, you will fly.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:53 AM
Ooj
Tech Regular

How is the wear of the internal gears and diffs? How often do they need replacing? I also have an evo 3 so replacing the entire drivetrain is very familiar to me.

I also had huge problems with my f103 rear wings always breaking after being hit from behind. Is it a hard brittle wing?
Old 11-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We posted new schedule and updates for the F1RL racers. Please check it out.

By the way, when you purchase the spare bodies set, the do come with wings (front and rear). Only when you purchase bodies only, they dont' come with wings.

Ooj,

Never had a problem with the F201 gears yet. Still on the same set as the one that came with the car from day 1

Thank you

Steve Wang
Old 11-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Speedtech RC raceway??? Steeeeve...where is that at?
Old 11-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by izzyracer
Speedtech RC raceway??? Steeeeve...where is that at?
At Speedtech....

Izzy... you're still joining the series? Too bad our win last time doesn't count... arrgghhhh!
Old 11-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by eeyan
At Speedtech....

Izzy... you're still joining the series? Too bad our win last time doesn't count... arrgghhhh!
Of course, whyd? your not joining right?..hehehe!
Old 11-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Ooj
Tech Regular

Can someone please tell me what all of the available pinion and spur combos are on the f201? What comes with the kit? I am trying to figure out the possible FDR's and roll out. What is the internal drive ratio is and also the diameter of the rear tyres?
Old 11-03-2003, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ooj
Can someone please tell me what all of the available pinion and spur combos are on the f201? What comes with the kit? I am trying to figure out the possible FDR's and roll out. What is the internal drive ratio is and also the diameter of the rear tyres?
Only 2
Spur 23 pinion 52
or 20 and 55 (kit supplied)
Old 11-03-2003, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Ooj, the F103 was a pretty durable car. I am suprised you had problems with it. The only consumable item besides tires was the front arms.
If you're breaking rear wings by getting hit from behind, leads me to one conclusion....Must....go.....faster
Old 11-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Ooj
Tech Regular

I never really had any problems with the f103. It is still by far my favourite car ever. The only things I ever broke were front arms and rear wings. I have a completely hopped up car with 3mm carbon fibre decks. I even had a kid acccidentally ride over the chassis on a bike by accident and nothing was broken except the body. Gears and spurs were the only items that needed to be replaced for wear but that is expected in any car.

I have been looking closely at the FDR 5.88 or 7.15 and am wondering why i keep hearing of burnt up monster stocks? Even though the FDR is the same or a bit higher as in a TC, the rollout is not the same as a TC because of the smaller tyres. So would I be correct in saying that heat is an issue in any motor because of the airflow? Also is the drivetrain really that inefficient?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.