Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo Drift Spec

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Yokomo Drift Spec

So yesterday I took in a Yokomo drift car on trade. It has an enroute 6.5t brushless motor and from what I read, a matching esc. The rear diff was disassembled due to plastic piece that the outdrive attached too was broke off. So I got the new piece all put back in and was running it. It is FAST! I was sliding around when the crappy 27mhz lost signal and it slammed into a wall head on. Direct impact was on front bumper. Problem is now the car is louder. Grinding sound almost. I took the pinion off the motor and the wheels spun freely. Put pinion back on and the grinding was back. So im pretty sure the culprit is in the motor. Just clueless as to where to start. Anybody got any feedback? Much appreciated.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Rookie

night time here in Japan, so bump
Old 05-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I believe that your chassis is the shaft drive MR-4TC SD version and if you've hit a wall head-on you have likely tweeked the chassis. The gears in the front or rear differential may have shifted or even been damaged. A 6.5 brushless motor is overkill in a drift car and drifting isn't about speed.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
I believe that your chassis is the shaft drive MR-4TC SD version and if you've hit a wall head-on you have likely tweeked the chassis. The gears in the front or rear differential may have shifted or even been damaged. A 6.5 brushless motor is overkill in a drift car and drifting isn't about speed.
Summed it all up right there!! With all that power in a drifter u are gonna have a hard time with control mostly, and not to merkin parts and gearing strain lol.....
Old 05-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I never had one of these how do these run?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Im not an expert in the field but to answer your question, like a dream! lol. I took it in on trade from a guy that had over 60,000 yen into. So over $600 US. I changed out pinion and spur gears and now alls well. So smooth. Changed from the abs wheels to a more plyable street tire and it drifts more naturally now. Plenty of power with the brushless.

Originally Posted by drifttt01
I never had one of these how do these run?