Search

TC4 or JRX-S

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default TC4 or JRX-S

TC4 or JRX-S.......

Just want some opinions. Feel free to talk about anything between these two cars. They have been two companies at battle from the beginning.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well just to get this thing kicked off I'll say something about this topic. I have been researching touring cars a lot recently and narrowed my choices down to three cars....the TC4, JRX-S, and the tamiya 415. I looked up tons of information on all three of these cars and my choice, as of right now, is the JRX-S. I have been a team associated fan for a while now....but I think the JRX-S is just the better car right now....And lets face it, I wanna win
Old 05-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

to end up making that choice, all the tons of information must have come from the losi web site lol
Old 05-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

well i gont know which one would be better but i would if i were you scratch the tc4 off the list, both of the other cars have a more free drivetrain. Just my opinon
Old 05-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my preference is the jrxs but i may be partial because i have one. but if i were you i would scratch the tc4 all together and maybe check out the xray t1fk05 and also the corally rdx. they are all top notch cars, and i believe that between the xray, the rdx, the jrxs, and the tamiya 415, you really cant go wrong. just make sure that parts are available in your area for which ever you choose. if you're looking for tuning options then go with the jrxs. the stock setup out of the box is one of the best "stock" setups i've ever seen. my lap times were just as fast if not faster than my lap times with my xxxs that i had been tuning for the last year or so. so, even as a losi faithful i was more than pleased with my jrxs right out of the box, and i think that anyone else that gets one will also be pleased.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
No mention of the new Yokomo belt-drive... that's peculiar -JB
Old 05-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For those who would think that the TC4 can't compete, they should just look at the reults of the ROAR Indoor Nats. Corally took 1st in the A-Main, but AE took second, well ahead of all the Losis and very nearly ahead of the X-ray. Of course, you could give Mike Blackstock a Tyco and he could place in the A-main. It's all really up to the driver.

That being said, the TC4 has been a bear to tune and get "just right'> I think that the most capable "out of the box" is the T1FK05, with the JRX-S close behind.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default JRXS VS TC4

I have had both of these cars ran both of them on carpet and asphalt. Now with that said I spent countless hours trying to get the TC4 to be competitive on carpet. 19T Foam. The losi pretty much stock box form was .02 to .03 faster per lap on its first outing.

As for outdoor asphalt I could never get the TC4 to be competitive. The JRXS on the other hand oh my, it is a rocket ship on the aspahlt. Only cars faster were well T1FK05s.

But then again they have been tweaking and tuning for quite a while.

Also at least Losi admits there is a problem, but Associated, what
problem

Just my opinion, and we know what everyone says about them.

Later,
Old 05-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

i'd go for the trf 415, cyclone, or the BD. but when i think of yokomo i think of poorly made parts that snap when i touch them, in other words Brokomos. But i never really owned a high end yokomo, just the drift chassis (that thing was pure $h!t in my opinion). But for what is available now on the market i would flip a coin between the 415 and the BD.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

wow my tc4 has beaten every other car mentioned....
Old 05-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

an rtr tc3 could beat them all too under the right circumstances lol...
Old 05-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

^^ wo thats weird, because i had my tc3 set up perfect and then x-rays still were ahead of me, i am not a crappy driver either. now i have a pro 4 and to the tc3 seems like a really slow car to me.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

I think almost all these mentioned cars are good, BUT the tc4 has the best price and could win, thatīs for sure, team associatedsīcustomer service is great, you just have to tweak the car alittle to suit you, thatīs it!!
feel free to contact losi about a problem ad associated, I never got a reply from losi and I wrote two times!! some friends experinced the same.
Take a look at the lrp touring masters results, johu levanen finshed second, the best drivers around the world attended this race, and the losi crowd was in the 30th I think.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

if you are looking for a tc4 i would probably wait. i know its not going to be soon but the factory team tc4 will be much better then getting the team car now and trying to make it good, for now i am still running tc3s just because tc4 are a little off right now, still a great car and you can make them one of the best it just takes a while. as for asking what car is better, hell every new TC can win, it just has to be in the right hands and you have to work on it. any pro driver can win with any car with a little time and pratice. but to get the right one it comes to personal prefrence and parts. AE parts are everywhere so you really cant go wrong and losi is pretty big too. and belt vs shaft. if you car out door you really cant go wrong with the pro4 especially the new 05 spec which is pretty much made for pavement and its coming out in a few weeks. personally i like shafts for quickl trottle responce, hence why i have tc3s and soon to have pro4 and i run carpet and they are still great cars.

but the true answer as to what TC is what you want not what we think because everyone will say somthing else and any car can win, you just have to spend time with the car and be a good driver the driver. so what you should get is what you can get parts for, what you feel you can work easier, shaft vs belt (shaft more gives you quicker throttle response), pavement vs carpet. but if you want a tc4 my advice is hold off untill the Factory Team, might be a whlie but it will be worth it in the end and you truly cant go wrong with AE.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default At this point, I would get a JRX-S...

Personally I'm tired of waiting and reading nothing from AE. Get a Losi, I would. One thing I can't stand about the TC4 is the flex in the c-hubs and arms. Sometimes I wonder how much extra caster I'm getting on carpet. In fact, it's heavy, it flexes (even with the graphite parts) it's sloppy and you have to pay out your butt to get the above. Losi supports their car and that's worth it in my book. Just my two cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.