Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 01:20 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
The screw might be more likely to vibrate loose from a helicoil, too.

-Mike
The screw shouldn't be coming loose..it is no diffence than scrwing into alum or steel part as long they are tighten down
hitting the pipe hard yeah everythings come loose or broken
Old 06-19-2013, 03:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

15 packs and still no defects on the car.
Good stuff.

The caster blocks are holding up good, and the screws has not backed out yet.
The gear diff are leaking some, but it could be that I have overfilled it.

The track I have tested on are low grip due to a lot of drift cars ging around and very little touring action. Lowered the inner links 1mm extra, and are using blue springs rear.
Lots of steering, and very good corner speed.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Interesteds in a brand new Mi5 check here http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...5-new-box.html
Old 06-19-2013, 06:31 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (80%+)

I got some RIDE Rear Body Post Support Thingys (Purple) Brand New In Sealed Packet $20 which are out of stock everywere
and some super rare Schumacher Titanium Droop Screws $10 Brand New for the schumacher for sale pm me If you want them can arrange pictures if needed
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Finished building mine yesterday, I had a lot of fun building it and only had 3 issues with the build.

First was I put the rear diff in the wrong way, Poor picturing in the manual, no big deal.

Second I had one of the steel screws for the rear a arms completely strip the screw head, No warning I was about to do it either, so I hope it loosens itself out so I don't have to risk notching the chassis removing it with a dremel.

Third and most concerning is my left front steering hub has a lot of play compared to the right front. Did anyone else have this as well? Or was my plastic not perfect? It appears to be play on the pin rather than in the bearings.

I will hopefully be testing it tonight, or on the weekend.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

One side has more than play than the other on my car too but I think it's in the bearings - will double check though.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Would like to ask a few questions (am normally Xray only) & if someone could take the time to give their thoughts, it would be much appreciated...

1/ Has anyone tried the mid mount option on very low grip asphalt? If yes what results did you get?
2/ Any major problems with this new kit either in build or on the track?
3/ What tyres do you feel are most suitable for this chassis (asphalt)?
4/ Is anyone using shorty packs & to what benefit?

Many thanks in advance...
Old 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I run on really low grip carpet and the mid engine was a welcome change. I'm going back to stock for this weekend just to verify the mid engine is in fact faster. I had zero issues with the build or on the track at this point with 600+ laps already. Shorty packs will eventually be tested in my car but for now I'm using full length.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linkless
I run on really low grip carpet and the mid engine was a welcome change. I'm going back to stock for this weekend just to verify the mid engine is in fact faster. I had zero issues with the build or on the track at this point with 600+ laps already. Shorty packs will eventually be tested in my car but for now I'm using full length.
Was the track layout tight and twisty (typical indoor small track) or was it more flowing and on power turns?

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brokin Racing
Hi Guys,

Would like to ask a few questions (am normally Xray only) & if someone could take the time to give their thoughts, it would be much appreciated...

1/ Has anyone tried the mid mount option on very low grip asphalt? If yes what results did you get?
Will do shortly and will report back

See my previous post about the initial build. And I am still happy with the quality, build and performance after a few meets.

I have only used MM Rush 36x, Sorex 36R, and Ride Rex34 (all premounts and on outdoor low grip asphalt)

Nope and no intention (mod TC class)

Hope this helps. I have not yet had any issues (as posted by others) and have been durability testing my car (in mod TC).

I race on outdoor large, low grip bumpy asphalt tracks.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The right end of the track is high speed and power on through the turns, the left end is tight and twisty so pretty much both. The mid greatly improved the technical section without losing to much in the high speed. My car can carry speed in either section better than the other cars at the track.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Thanks John & Leonard...
Old 06-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys,

_Many thanks in advance...
I weighed my car with a full pack. It was 1530 grams. I put in a 4800 shorty pack, and a smaller Savox servo. Now it weighs 1399 grams. I placed the servo behind the battery, and I still have great left/right rotation, and it works great. My body still weighs 130 grams, and that is the next thing I am going to change. I run on med grip large outdoor asphalt tracks, and I am very happy with the car.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I'm also considering trying out the mid mount option, currently the Lipo stops are sold out at Amain Hobbies--just waiting for those to come into stock
2) No problems so far
3) Sorex 36 R premounts are what I've used--I've also tried out some Tamiya drift tires for fun
4) Shorty packs allow you to tweak the balance of your car or shave some weight from the car if you are concerned about extra weight on your Mi5. I'm running both and when I run more consistently, I like the shorty-- for larger tracks and longer races I prefer the regular sized Lipo.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had much running experience thus far on high bite tarmac?

I am thinking about getting a Mi5 but one of the fast guys at our local track has one and was suffering with traction roll as the grip came up (not that high as its the UK but still!) plus read that Martin Hoffer was struggling abit with traction roll at the recent ETS round.

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.