Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dflat57
An entire bag?????? You really have this kit and are trying to tell me that its just whoops they missing AN ENTIRE BAG MAN????? Things happen??? I spent my hard earned money. My mommy didn't buy this for me. That's $470 bucks. And all I read about is how great the kit is. When they screw up a customer that should be made known.

And now back to the car???? Nice you have a complete car.
Like I said, I know how you feel. I have had bad luck with this happening to me in the past, just not with Schumacher.

I got one of the first Associated TC3's back in 2000 and it was missing all of the arm hinge pins. I got an Align T-Rex 450 heli that was missing a tail rotor belt.

These companies get it perfect 99.9% of the time. It just stinks when you are in the 0.1%! The good thing was every time they made it right quickly. I am sure Schumacher will do the same. Chris will get you sorted out quickly.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

An entire bag?????? You really have this kit and are trying to tell me that its just whoops they missing AN ENTIRE BAG MAN????? Things happen??? I spent my hard earned money. My mommy didn't buy this for me. That's $470 bucks. And all I read about is how great the kit is. When they screw up a customer that should be made known.

Stop , when I got the mi3 I was missing 2 bulkheads , it happens like Adrian stated , at the time we had Schumacher USA and Adrian and Paul Wynn quickly resolved the issue. Sucks that is not schumacher is not in the USA anymore but I'm sure Schumacher uk will send you what you need.

No need to keep bashing them just wait and I'm sure you will soon receive your parts.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Woah, man

Have you never had a kit before where something didn't make it in the box? It happens. These are not multi million dollar companies were talking about. They will fix the problem im sure, as your business IS important. Also I too spent my hard earned money. Insinuating otherwise is just ignorant.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Come on guys im sure we can all relate to dflats frustrations.....im sure schumacher will fix him up .....but we are all super stoke when are kit arrives and build time is one of the most enjoyable parts and to find pieces missing is a huge BUMMER....sooo hopefully he gets his missing pieces asap.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by theatriks
Come on guys im sure we can all relate to dflats frustrations.....im sure schumacher will fix him up .....but we are all super stoke when are kit arrives and build time is one of the most enjoyable parts and to find pieces missing is a huge BUMMER....sooo hopefully he gets his missing pieces asap.
Man. Thank you so much for understanding. I was actually smiling when I was putting this kit together. Thinking to myself how much I loved this hobby. The smile stopped for now. Hopefully it returns soon.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

you will be fine, just think about all the other ( real) problems people have in this world and then waiting a few days for building your remote controlled toy car isnt that big of a deal

But i do understand your frustration
Old 06-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JanE
you will be fine, just think about all the other ( real) problems people have in this world and then waiting a few days for building your remote controlled toy car isnt that big of a deal

But i do understand your frustration
This thing is too expensive to be called a toy!!!! Yer kind of right tho. I just thought about the people in Oklahoma..... Anyway that's it. Get back to discussing the car. Me and my half built kit will shut up now.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Yes, it is a toy.

Thank you for allowing us to all once again discuss the car.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by heavy
Our review of the build and first drive report here
Wow! That's a great write up, thanks for the great setup tips too
Old 06-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

where do u guys measure ur downstop settings? I still havent found a comfortable spot with a my gauge to measure it without having to triple check it cause of the weird placement of the gauge.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

I couldn't resist and picked up a few of Schumacher's racing banners to decorate my pit table! These banners are massive and awesome
http://youtu.be/S1sGP6pSzA0
Old 06-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

where do u guys measure ur downstop settings? I still havent found a comfortable spot with a my gauge to measure it without having to triple check it cause of the weird placement of the gauge.
Great question! I've been check out Chris Granger's excellent series of videos for the Mi4 and been trying to apply the over arching ideas back to the Mi5. Here's an example of Chris' video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-StHhhzI88
Old 06-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

would be some ppl that get a bit missing here and there its not right but happens, i have had it done to me and also with some brand of esc where one after another blow or fail and i dont go on the site crying about it posting a message every 5 min and no helping them by giving them any details to work on , i just get it sorted and schumachers service has been next to none for me, i rate them as one of the best companys to deal with

Top job schumacher for this wicked car and thanks for the service you have giving me so far
mark is a top guy
Old 06-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by machocave
I couldn't resist and picked up a few of Schumacher's racing banners to decorate my pit table! These banners are massive and awesome
http://youtu.be/S1sGP6pSzA0
You're not sponsored by Schumacher and you purchased these banners to help promote the brand?

That is some serious Schumacher love!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

do you mean droop if so i always use my ride hight gauge and measure the ride height then place the chassis on a step 3.5-4mm higher for the front and 3 for the rear and adjust the droop screws so the tyres just start to rotate on the setup board with out pulling the car with them
hope this helps as i didnt know where to measure and i always used this way on my tc6.1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.