Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GimpyGolden
I have a shot at a good deal on an original MI5 (non Evo). I am looking for parts sources and don't see anyone having arms (wishbones) in stock, even Shumi site say's part number doesn't exist. Do the Evo arms and mounts work on a non Evo car?
Are most other consumable parts,Hub's, Knuckles, Arm mouldings the same?

Can a non Evo car be "updated" or not worth the cost?
The original wishbones are still available. Discount RC and Amain both carry them. The part numbaers are different from the manual because they come with sockets installed.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got that figured out, thanks Roy.
Does anyone know if the "Blinky" motor mount from the Evo will fit the old car?
We have a spec brushed motor so don't have the 6 point bolt pattern like a Brushless motor, on 2 hole.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know the gF/mm rating for the Schumacher green springs?
Old 12-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

We have a spec brushed motor so don't have the 6 point bolt pattern like a Brushless motor, on 2 hole.
The binky motor mount from my MI5EVO does not fit my Mi5. Mounting holes and alignment are different.

HTH

Mark
Old 12-14-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RoyB
they are similar to HPI silver springs, which are 16 lbs.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The original wishbones are still available. Discount RC and Amain both carry them. The part numbaers are different from the manual because they come with sockets installed.
.. we've slowed on stocking them as the demand has been very low .. We can and will order them in if needed; usually less than a week .. contact us via phone or email, no problem

Not specifically .. but a good calc can be found here:

http://convert-to.com/conversion/tor...-to-gf-mm.html

you can change it to the units your needing

** Blinky mount will not fit ..

..p
Old 12-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, can anyone help me? I am experiencing some trouble setting the droop. I am using the hudy drop gauge set to set the droop as per my other touring cars. But after setting the droop, when I tried to lift the car to test the droop, the cars seems to have very minimal or even no droop even though I have set droop to 5mm front and back. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by N15M0
Hi, can anyone help me? I am experiencing some trouble setting the droop. I am using the hudy drop gauge set to set the droop as per my other touring cars. But after setting the droop, when I tried to lift the car to test the droop, the cars seems to have very minimal or even no droop even though I have set droop to 5mm front and back. Thanks.

Hello..! unclear of the issue you're having specifically however, consider setting your droop as a measurement 'over ride height' ..

- on a setup board, measure ride height at the rear, ie: 5mm
- then, lift up the back of the car until the chassis touches the droop screw, ie: 8mm
- subtract the two results, ie: 8mm - 5mm = 3mm ORH ( over ride height )
- repeat for the front
** when done, be sure to verify that both left and right sides have equal droop by lifting each end up at its center line and adjusting accordingly

There are several 'methods' that could be detailed here however as long as you are doing it the exact same way each time, your results will be consistent ..

Usually 2.0 over in the front and 2.5 over for the rear is a good place to start keeping in mind that as little as 1mm over in the front and as much as 4mm in rear is not unusual depending on the track, grip level, and the rest of your setup ..

hope it helps..

..p
Old 12-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
Hello..! unclear of the issue you're having specifically however, consider setting your droop as a measurement 'over ride height' ..

- on a setup board, measure ride height at the rear, ie: 5mm
- then, lift up the back of the car until the chassis touches the droop screw, ie: 8mm
- subtract the two results, ie: 8mm - 5mm = 3mm ORH ( over ride height )
- repeat for the front
** when done, be sure to verify that both left and right sides have equal droop by lifting each end up at its center line and adjusting accordingly

There are several 'methods' that could be detailed here however as long as you are doing it the exact same way each time, your results will be consistent ..

Usually 2.0 over in the front and 2.5 over for the rear is a good place to start keeping in mind that as little as 1mm over in the front and as much as 4mm in rear is not unusual depending on the track, grip level, and the rest of your setup ..

hope it helps..

..p
Hi thanks for your help. Actually I tried using the hudy droop gauge setup kit but when I tried to reconfirm the droop using the method you mentioned, the measurement from your method vs the hudy isn't the same. I don't know why.

Btw, how can I get more steering angle when entering a corner? Sorry, there just isn't many ppl running this car at my tracks.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by N15M0
Hi thanks for your help. Actually I tried using the hudy droop gauge setup kit but when I tried to reconfirm the droop using the method you mentioned, the measurement from your method vs the hudy isn't the same. I don't know why.

Btw, how can I get more steering angle when entering a corner? Sorry, there just isn't many ppl running this car at my tracks.
.. The measurements can't be the same because your measuring completely different items of the car. Yes, they both relate to droop and either method can be used effectively, however the Hudy method measures the arm droop at the end of the arm and ORH measures the actual distance the droop screw is from the chassis; or in this case, the arm. Whichever is best for you will work. As I recall, the steering angle is about ~25*, I think the twin point steering may offer a touch more .. It could also be related to other settings on the car too like ackerman or camber gain and even shock angle or shock package... generally a bit more front toe out would be a quick adjustment to try ..

..p
Old 12-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
.. The measurements can't be the same because your measuring completely different items of the car. Yes, they both relate to droop and either method can be used effectively, however the Hudy method measures the arm droop at the end of the arm and ORH measures the actual distance the droop screw is from the chassis; or in this case, the arm. Whichever is best for you will work. As I recall, the steering angle is about ~25*, I think the twin point steering may offer a touch more .. It could also be related to other settings on the car too like ackerman or camber gain and even shock angle or shock package... generally a bit more front toe out would be a quick adjustment to try ..

..p
I'm already using the new twin point steering. But I was trying to get more steering when braking into the corner. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Pretty quiet in here. Anyone still running the Mi5 or the Evo?

Last edited by patorz31; 12-31-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by patorz31
Preety quiet in here. Anyome still running the Mi5 or the Evo?
There are at least 2 of us running Mi5s and 2 running EVOs at out local track.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

I bought an Evo and 2 Mi5s from a guy in my club. First try out with them tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a mi5evo with blinky mount running vta front diff at 500000cst I am still about a half second slower than the top cars even with those drivers driving it I am at a loss for what else to try. 59t and have tried everything up down with pinions different motor/esc and still the same. any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.