Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Team Durango DETC410

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:20 AM
Tech Initiate

For those of you who have experience with this car:

Would you recommend this car for someone who jumps from off-road to touring cars? Is it durable and easy to drive for "on-road beginner"? Or should I just buy mainstream TC car like Xray T4 or Yokomo BD7?

I really like off-road products from Team Durango, their 1/10 buggies and Short Course trucks are best on the market. I am just unsure whether they have same R&D focus in their touring car.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by micsa
For those of you who have experience with this car:

Would you recommend this car for someone who jumps from off-road to touring cars? Is it durable and easy to drive for "on-road beginner"? Or should I just buy mainstream TC car like Xray T4 or Yokomo BD7?

I really like off-road products from Team Durango, their 1/10 buggies and Short Course trucks are best on the market. I am just unsure whether they have same R&D focus in their touring car.
To be honest, most touring cars are not as durable as a buggy. The first thing you will need to do is to upgrade the stock foam bumper to an Xray or Parma one, otherwise you will be snapping front suspension parts regardless of car.

The durango with the upgraded bumper is pretty durable but still not as strong as an xray but stronger than the yokomo. My only gripe is the TD ballcups developing some slack over time. But it's cheap enough to replace or change to an aftermarket brand.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Front spool is locked, so the inner and outer doesn't rotate at different speeds. This creates wheel scrub, so you carry less corner speed thru a turn. While the spool is great in Mod or huge outdoor tracks, at indoor tight carpet tracks you will find running a front diff allows for more steering and speed in the twisty stuff.
Does the rear gear diff work in the front as long as you use the front outdrives?
Old 10-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default Detc410

Micsa, I have several (4) durango detc410s. I am not a pro driver but am competitive at my local track. I changed from associated 6.2s and am the only person running durango at my track. I have won several races with my durango's. I run 21.5 spec gt and have won my last 4 outings, I also have a 25.5 vta car that I have won every week with since I got it several months ago. Again I am just an average driver. Don't get caught up in all the posts about excess slope, soft plastic, or need to change to tamiya parts. I agree over time the ball cups loosen up a bit, but have not changed them and car is hooked up. The only mandatory upgrade I would do is the front gear diff with steel outdrives. The stock spool outdrives will break! The bumper is also a great idea. I love the cars!!!! Out of the box it has more stable setup options than any other car on the market, you put the setup that applies to the surface you are racing on and the car is easy to drive. I have ran 4 cars for several months and haven't broken a part yet. I bought 1 car with tamiya 418 suspension parts and really wasn't a fan, it is going back to the stock durango parts. Just my humble opinion, I have driven many cars and can't tell you how much easier I have found the Durango to drive.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default Diff

Originally Posted by RBLove
Does the rear gear diff work in the front as long as you use the front outdrives?

Yes, just make sure you buy the steel front outdrives.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Does Durango make a velcro battery strap for the DETC410, and if so what is the part number.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:08 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
Does Durango make a velcro battery strap for the DETC410, and if so what is the part number.
Not sure if it's available yet but the part number is TD320359.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crowbo74
Don't get caught up in all the posts about excess slope, soft plastic, or need to change to tamiya parts. I agree over time the ball cups loosen up a bit, but have not changed them and car is hooked up. The only mandatory upgrade I would do is the front gear diff with steel outdrives. The stock spool outdrives will break! The bumper is also a great idea. I love the cars!!!! Out of the box it has more stable setup options than any other car on the market, you put the setup that applies to the surface you are racing on and the car is easy to drive. I have ran 4 cars for several months and haven't broken a part yet. I bought 1 car with tamiya 418 suspension parts and really wasn't a fan, it is going back to the stock durango parts. Just my humble opinion, I have driven many cars and can't tell you how much easier I have found the Durango to drive.
I agree the car is a dream to drive outdoors. Indoors with VTA or GT running spec the car works well too. In mod, running high grip carpet with Sorex 28, all i am saying is when the ballcup develop play in high grip high corner speed situations, it tends to make the car a little nervous. If you experience that, just swap out another set of new allcups and that will bring it back in check and handle awesome again. And don't forget the upgraded the bumper when running indoors. Cheers
Old 10-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello,

i am looking for a new car after one year no racing.
Is the DETC410 fragile ?

I newer brake a parts of my before cars

Thanks
Old 11-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shiver750
Hello,

i am looking for a new car after one year no racing.
Is the DETC410 fragile ?

I newer brake a parts of my before cars

Thanks
Its not fragile. Its pretty durable with an aftermarket bumper. But its like that with any touring car. Without a better bumper you will be snapping front parts on your yokomo, or AE. The xray bumper or parma one is what you need.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Took my Durango to the track today for the first time. Only did some short practice and the preliminary results are good. I had some really bad tires with many runs that I put on the car and it was still very much planted. It had a slight push going into the corners, but I still need to make more adjustments. So far so good. And I didn't break anything!
Old 11-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Guys/Gals

I'm in need of a servo saver, but cant seem to find any in stock, so wondering if any of you know of a replacement that will work (other than NEW Team Durango Heavy-Duty Servo Saver DETC410 TD240005)?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

E Harper just left Durango. Not sure what this means for the DETC?
Old 11-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have a brand new in box DETC410 up for grab. I am going to focus on off-road. PM me if you want to get at it.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turillo
Hi Guys/Gals

I'm in need of a servo saver, but cant seem to find any in stock, so wondering if any of you know of a replacement that will work (other than NEW Team Durango Heavy-Duty Servo Saver DETC410 TD240005)?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Kimborough Servo Saver. Ofna servo saver. They have springs in it that do the same thing. Just adjust the hole to be similar to what the durango one was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.