Search

★☆★ M3Roc's Racing Pit ★☆★

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
Yeah, knowing all this, I decided to put it up FS to see what I can get. Too bad I jumped the gun with this package, now im selling it before I even get to use it..

Ive decided that im most likely going to invest in a Hobbywing Xerun 1s which is designed to run on 1s and does not need a booster or receiver pack. At least that's what I understand. Let me know if im wrong on this.
You are correct!
I use them in almost all my cars.
I have a Hobbywing V3 in my oval car and use a booster with it.

I think we may have some in stock at the track.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I saw that there were two hobbywing ESC's in the case but I don't remember which one's they were. You think they are the Xerun 1s?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:21 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I saw that there were two hobbywing ESC's in the case but I don't remember which one's they were. You think they are the Xerun 1s?
We do have a 1s and some "justock" and the 25a 1/18 esc's
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Oh ok. I wasn't aware of that. So the 7v/5A that the ESC provides isn't enough? The graph on the box shows that the VTX1 has even less at 5.5v/3A, am I missing something here? I haven't used this ESC yet which explains why I wasn't aware of that. I may have to sell it then and get something else, im limited on room in the car as it is. Thanks for the info!
The issue is that while the BEC is rated for 7v/5a, the battery is only providing 3.7v. This is why you need a booster/receiver pack/1s ESC.

Yeah, knowing all this, I decided to put it up FS to see what I can get. Too bad I jumped the gun with this package, now im selling it before I even get to use it..

Ive decided that im most likely going to invest in a Hobbywing Xerun 1s which is designed to run on 1s and does not need a booster or receiver pack. At least that's what I understand. Let me know if im wrong on this.
The Xerun 1s is getting great reviews. The LRP SXX ESC's are also 1s compatible as long as you are using V2's. The competition spec is a good choice from that aspect and is compact.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Here's a small update. Got my receiver in today and got the Thunder Power motor mounted. I threw the entire Viper setup FS..

Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Orca VX1... insane speedo.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

With an even more insane price. To be fair, we can assume that they are all made in the same factory in china and if not factory, someone did all the work and someone ripped them off, welcome to china. I don't see why any speed controller coming out of china should have that price so ill stick to hobbywing. They are moderately price yet still on the high side.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Here's an update to what ive been up to recently. Ive been working on a nice power supply that can supply more juicy juice then anyone can handle for the pits. Here is what I came up with.

Here is the case primed and prepped for the white paint. I used white satin.

And here is the case with the satin white all done!

Here is the side where the Thunder Power logo will go. I chose Thunder Power because they are my fave motors! Also that's a killer logo too and it fits well on the side of a power supply..

In the middle of painting the letters, I remembered that I forgot to use primer first.. Too bad it was starting to look good.. Oh well.. I ended up cutting the logo out of vinyl on my cutter.. It looks equally awesome!

Here are the final touches and putting everything back together.

These are the power taps. I can only fit four 4mm plugs here.

And this is the final product! Aint she purdy!?

This power supply is a monster.. I will deliver 12 steady volts at 75 amps and 930 watts!! That will power the crap out of a few good chargers.. The next thing im working on is a good name for it.
Im thinking something like "Power Company" or "Juice Box" because of all the juice its full of! That and I need to come up with some kind of cool logo to go with it.
LMK what you guys think.. Ill update more later with another project ive been busy with.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Welcome to The Gate! See you Sunday!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Thanks! I don't think ill make it out for the Sunday race but ill deff be there all day for open practice on Saturday..
Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Had a great weekend! Spent the saturday at the track and finally got my XTi out there and ran some laps. Its gonna take some getting use to but ill get there soon.
Licked a wall on the last lap and walked away with minor damage. Broke the graphite bottom plate that holds the engine pod and blew out a rear axle bearing. Over all I had a blast. Here's the result.

Here is a beauty I saw that same day at the car show which just so happens to be on saturday's in the same parking lot as our race track.

So being as how im super picky about how my hardware is setup and wired, I cam home that night and decided to tare down the entire car.
All day i was having issues with loose ball ends, lost screws on the track and overall loose bolts all over. I decided to hit everything that needed it with blue thread-lock.
That also gave me the chance to rearrange my hardware on the car and clean it too. Here's some shots.

Then i decided to see if I could find the center of balance on the car without the rear engine pod mounted. Surprisingly, it was dead on center..

Next weekend should be fun and one or two more practice days and Ill be able to run it for sure. I need to get more spare parts for the XTi as well..