R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Revtech 21.5 ROAR approved? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/709921-revtech-21-5-roar-approved.html)

R3VoLuTiOn 03-04-2013 08:40 AM

^^ talk to your track operator then.

We run all 21.5s but the d3.5

RedBullFiXX 03-04-2013 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by terry.sc (Post 11888801)
Who races 21.5T outside of F1 and USGT which are a tiny minority of racers compared to all the other electric classes. No ROAR class uses them.

The cost of submitting a motor is pretty substantial because as well as the $350 fee and three motors, ROAR also wants proof that you have substantial stock as well. The old approval form used to also ask for proof that you had a minimum stock of 2000 motors of each type you submitted.

ROAR is the US RC governing body
Out of curiosity, why would this concern you ?

There are many 21.5 approved motors on the list
Perhaps you should enquire with those mfg's about why they went thru the process ?

Kyle GSR 03-04-2013 08:57 AM

Don't think that's going to work after the D3.5 beat down he received in our trophy race last year. :)

avs 03-04-2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by JCarr (Post 11888539)
You're right, I missed that.

yeah, i also missed it the first time through, but Tekin strikes me as a by the book sort of operation, so it forced me to have a second look.

i ended up copying the approval list into excel and sorting on mfg and model before i found it!

EAMotorsports 03-04-2013 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by avs (Post 11891755)
yeah, i also missed it the first time through, but Tekin strikes me as a by the book sort of operation, so it forced me to have a second look.

i ended up copying the approval list into excel and sorting on mfg and model before i found it!

If you look at the top of the approval list you can click on each column and it will sort the list by that column. Wind, Manufacture, Date approved, etc. It makes it much easier to find what your looking for by doing it that way.

EA

avs 03-04-2013 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 11891777)
If you look at the top of the approval list you can click on each column and it will sort the list by that column. Wind, Manufacture, Date approved, etc. It makes it much easier to find what your looking for by doing it that way.

EA

DOH! :mad:

EAMotorsports 03-04-2013 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by avs (Post 11891820)
DOH! :mad:

LOL....sorry to ruin all your excel work. It took me a long time to notice that on the battery approval side. It is very convenient though once you now!

EA

avs 03-05-2013 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 11891831)
LOL....sorry to ruin all your excel work. It took me a long time to notice that on the battery approval side. It is very convenient though once you now!

EA

yeah, just feel a little foolish, it reminds me of an incident years ago where a friend's father removed the gas tank from his vehicle to figure out there was dirt in the carb.