Search
Like Tree3Likes

The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 02:01 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Reaper1ct
i had a issue with my car this weekend, the esc burst into flames ...no reason why....Tekin RX8 bye bye ....
I use a Tekin RX8 myself without any problem so far.

You should put some low esr caps in front of the esc to protect it.

Use 4 x 470µF/35V combined and connect them with an AWG10 wire.

That will help to save the esc´s live next time.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Reaper1ct and Koval. Ya I realise the front drive shaft for the nitro is 95mm and the correct one for the brushless version is 105mm (Part #IS009). Bought it yesterday and got it fixed up. How I wished this info was clearly stated somewhere. Even the Inferno GT2 VE Race Spec manual I was looking at didn't state this info. Strange! Or at least the conversion kit should carry the correct shaft in their package. Really frustrating.

Sorry to hear about your ESC Reaper..
Old 10-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by C@T
I use a Tekin RX8 myself without any problem so far.

You should put some low esr caps in front of the esc to protect it.

Use 4 x 470µF/35V combined and connect them with an AWG10 wire.

That will help to save the esc´s live next time.
Hey Cat....It was a esc fault, but you must see the terrible service Tekin gave me....I had a spare esc brand new that i threw in but i cant see myself buying from them again if thats the way they treat there customers....

Anyway new esc in......SAME WIRING!!!! nothing different...as they tried to rudely accuse me of and still have the bullets on the motor so they can screw themselves.....

I had a ball of a time last night....started off on 4s timing.....urrent limiter to 70 for protection but it was more than enough.....lol 4s wasnt bad i might add..... had fun.....but when the 6s came: lol:

That was just silly lol

I feathered away gently because of the last blow up.....ever so cautiously lol and while she was going i squeezed the throttle lol.....anyone ever see a car do lift up like a freaking dragster????? lol lol lol lol....it was so funny lol...

anyway.....i thought only monster trucks do ballooning on tyres lol.....i used that losi white wheels on amains....any idea what i should switch to? ps i love my 777 sp1
Old 10-02-2014, 04:04 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

Hey Cat....It was a esc fault, but you must see the terrible service Tekin gave me....I had a spare esc brand new that i threw in but i cant see myself buying from them again if thats the way they treat there customers....

Anyway new esc in......SAME WIRING!!!! nothing different...as they tried to rudely accuse me of and still have the bullets on the motor so they can screw themselves.....

I had a ball of a time last night....started off on 4s timing.....urrent limiter to 70 for protection but it was more than enough.....lol 4s wasnt bad i might add..... had fun.....but when the 6s came: lol:

That was just silly lol

I feathered away gently because of the last blow up.....ever so cautiously lol and while she was going i squeezed the throttle lol.....anyone ever see a car do lift up like a freaking dragster????? lol lol lol lol....it was so funny lol...

anyway.....i thought only monster trucks do ballooning on tyres lol.....i used that losi white wheels on amains....any idea what i should switch to? ps i love my 777 sp1
You Need a belted tire to prevent that.

There are different products available based on the aerea you live in. In the US I would look for Sweep, in Europe for PMT beeing my first choice.

You are right, 6s does delivere a cracy performance, but same kind of tire wear, unfortunately. But it is fun, if you are able to control it.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

do you think id be able to take it around a large track on 6s? i ordered 2 sets of sweep tyres....i wonder if 5s is a better option
Old 10-03-2014, 12:54 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

do you think id be able to take it around a large track on 6s? i ordered 2 sets of sweep tyres....i wonder if 5s is a better option
Difficult question, not possible to answer with yes or no.

The car can already be overpowered using 4s, more will make it worse.
The advantage of going 5s or 6s is that the temperature and peak current is lower.

You might also get some more mAh with 5s or 6s. The weight should not exceed 600g to keep the car balanced. 45C plus duration is a must.

If you are able to also utilise extra power is depending on how good your setup is. The car needs to be absolutely planted, especially the rear end. The rest is subject to limit the peak current to a value not having the car spinning out of the corners.

Don´t remember what the KV value of your motor is, or if you are still free to choose.

My recomendation for the max KV used is:

- 4s = 2850
- 5s = 2300
- 6s = 1900

Based on reaching 85% of the rev limit at nominal voltage (3,7V) and not exceeding it with a fully charged battery at 4.2V. The sweet spot for an individual motor might even be lower than that, in the range of 66%, depending on the quality of the motor.

Guess those are the most important values to put into your decision making formula combined with you individual weighting factors.

Hope that will guide you to a smart solution fitting your needs.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Cat...

I tested on 4s and it has lots of low end but tops out to early....if it was boosted it would be fine but unfortunately its not....im running the 1900kv tekin t8. its ok on 4s and tyre shredding on 6s.....i was thinking that the 5s would work out nicely. I suppose its all trial and error. I doubt i can go higher on gearing with my current mount. its already on 25/46.....
Old 10-06-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
Did you guys see that absolute hobbyz is selling GT2 for real cheap? I lve been looking for months and definitely buying one now considering the price.
That's for the tip...pushed me to pull the trigger. They charge shipping, but they were still $90.00 cheaper the my regular source.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:56 AM
Tech Adept

So after lots of issues and so on i got the car running on 6s.....lol what a ball, i need to get some suspension work sorted but i love it....i took it around a local track lol...power slides!!!!! but my body sucked....i found Igthobbies had everything i need. really great service too. I ordered me a blitz body as per there advice and it should arrive soon. I also ordered some sweeps from them....the 1900kv is far to slow for 4s....i cant imagine that the 2650kv tekin motor is going to give you that much more to make me happy on 4s...
Old 10-17-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Cat...

I tested on 4s and it has lots of low end but tops out to early....if it was boosted it would be fine but unfortunately its not....im running the 1900kv tekin t8. its ok on 4s and tyre shredding on 6s.....i was thinking that the 5s would work out nicely. I suppose its all trial and error. I doubt i can go higher on gearing with my current mount. its already on 25/46.....

I think you must try 5s but if you just want to gear up with 4s wich will be also a good ( lightweight) idea this mount has a 36t pinion limit on 46t spur.

Of course i dont suggest to over gear you car but the 1900kv tekin and 4s runs enough k/rpms under the limits so if you dont have heating issues in the track with 25/46 you can gear up safely.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

on 4s it was around 50-60*c and around 80 on 6s...i think 5s is the answer...doubt i can get bigger with the standard mount though
Old 10-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koval
Hello ,pm send.
may i also have a link to get the solid center dif conversion? TIA
Old 11-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ;13628975
may i also have a link to get the solid center dif conversion? TIA

Hi nsomniacnp,
Pm send ,thanks.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi nsomniacnp,
Pm send ,thanks.
Thank you for the fast response i appreciate it!!
Old 11-05-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

I think you must try 5s but if you just want to gear up with 4s wich will be also a good ( lightweight) idea this mount has a 36t pinion limit on 46t spur.

Of course i dont suggest to over gear you car but the 1900kv tekin and 4s runs enough k/rpms under the limits so if you dont have heating issues in the track with 25/46 you can gear up safely.
Koval, where can that mount and pinion be bought at ?? nice !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.