Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Turnigy GT-10X thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default The Turnigy GT-10X thread

Used to love 1/10th pan, second fav after 1/12th. My last car was an RC10L, which I still have.

Yeah anyway, I saw Turnigy's new 1/10th pan car and while it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the latest top-of-the-line cars, it's worlds better than what I have with the bootyfab PCB t-bar and bicycle tube capped tires. (not joking, that's how I rolled on asphalt BITD. )

For the price I decided what the hell. I have one on order. I know they only just came out but wondering if anybody else has one? (or on order)
What are your opinions?

Sean
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mine arrived.
Its not ready to run yet as it needs some work. Every screw was loose, the servo saver is complete rubbish (loose and sloppy). The plastic is soft, yet it seems remarkable value and should be a fun play thing.

The tires are in between sizes, not quite 1/12 scale but no where near 1/10 size.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ozace
Mine arrived.
Its not ready to run yet as it needs some work. Every screw was loose, the servo saver is complete rubbish (loose and sloppy). The plastic is soft, yet it seems remarkable value and should be a fun play thing.

The tires are in between sizes, not quite 1/12 scale but no where near 1/10 size.
What's the diameter of rims? The fronts do look a bit short and fat like a 1/12th wheel in the pics.

Is the foam any good for carpet?

How do the rear wheels mount to the axle?

Sean
Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Can't wait to see how it 'pan's out... Pun intended
Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ordered mine a few days ago,cant wait to see how it go's around an asphalt indoor track

Hopefully the axle is 1/4,that way can swap it out with AE or 3racing or if its metric 5mm,swap with Tamiya.

That way can get some standard type hubs on it if need be for mounting wheels.And a better ball diff.

Of course,all this may not be needed if the kit stuff works fine and fits WGT wheels and tyres.The cone spacer setup for the wheels has me worried,and it looks like it has the old style tamiya diff setup (F103 i think),when you remove the wheel,it changes the diff tension.

So,may need some mods...
Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Peli
Ordered mine a few days ago,cant wait to see how it go's around an asphalt indoor track

Hopefully the axle is 1/4,that way can swap it out with AE or 3racing or if its metric 5mm,swap with Tamiya.

That way can get some standard type hubs on it if need be for mounting wheels.And a better ball diff.

Of course,all this may not be needed if the kit stuff works fine and fits WGT wheels and tyres.The cone spacer setup for the wheels has me worried,and it looks like it has the old style tamiya diff setup (F103 i think),when you remove the wheel,it changes the diff tension.

So,may need some mods...
I don't know what the axle is but the wheels look to be held on with a nut like a Tamiya F1 axle. Not sure what the cone is all about, hopefully just a guard to keep debris out?

I was thinking if worse comes to worse, you could use some Associated style bearing holders and run a regular Associated pan-style axle. Then tires would be easier to find too.

Sean
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

The wheels are held on but regular wheel nuts, it seems like we could adapt these to take more standard style axles front and rear but the cost would make this not a great choice. It needs to work as is or with minimal effort to be a success.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

next to a crc 1/10 pan car
Attached Thumbnails The Turnigy GT-10X thread-img_20130213_112914_204.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Wow,the wheels are tiny compared to 1/10th as already mentioned,thanks for the pic Ozace

I'm with you,the conversion will only happen if its cheap,hence thinking of the 3racing axles and hubs,probably cheaper than AE or US pancar gear.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Ozace,any chance you could pull the rear axle out and tell me if its a 1/4 axle?

Or even just tell me if the rear ride height inserts off the CRC fit into the GTX10 alloy bulkheads.

If they do,I will jus order a complete RC10 5.1 rear axle assembly,that way i can just run the standard WGT setup on the rear.

Also,whilst yor at it,are the front wheel bearings the same as the CRC's? If they are I dont need to change the front hub and axles,just the rear.

Of course,I understand if you dont want to pull yor new car apart.Thought I would just ask.

Thanks,Justin
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozace
next to a crc 1/10 pan car
Thanks for the comparison shot! More pics and other comparisons, please!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Ordered on the 12th, finally shipped on the 22nd.

See you all in another three weeks.

Sean
Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
Ordered on the 12th, finally shipped on the 22nd.

See you all in another three weeks.

Sean
I gave up,and cancelled my order after getting no response from Hobbyking about my order,I knew it was Chinese New Year,and allowed for that.
They are quite lacking in customer service,I asked a few questions about the GT10X,they didnt even bother to get back to me,other than an automated response,just like my order enquirys.

After 14 days I cancelled the order,and will be putting the money towards an AE RC105.1 FT instead from Amain.

Good luck with yor new purchase champ,I will keep an eye on the thread,and yor outcome with the car.
Pity,would have loved to see exactly what less than 100 bucks got me in the way of a WGT racer.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

The car is really disappointing. If you take the retail price + shipping + all the parts needed to get a half-decent WGT car, you come closer and closer to the price a US pan car but it's still a turnigy. Overpriced.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heretic
The car is really disappointing. If you take the retail price + shipping + all the parts needed to get a half-decent WGT car, you come closer and closer to the price a US pan car but it's still a turnigy. Overpriced.
This is the assumption me and a mate come too,by the time you add axle/hubs to fit GT wheels and tyres,yor only 100 or so of a US pan car,without there proven track records,parts strength,and setup info.

I was still going to try it out,glad I didnt in the end,the Hobbyking run-around may have been a blessing in disguise

To there defense,they refund was very prompt,overnight basically

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.