R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   how to turn off BEC??? urgent!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/69995-how-turn-off-bec-urgent.html)

adamkerrnz 04-22-2005 12:53 AM

QC2 and KO FET servo connection???

Hey guys,

I just recently got my 3PK HRS radio and i chucked it into my pro4 with a LRP QC2 ESC. i noticed that my KO PDS2343 digi servo went a bit weird when i turned the wheel (it glitched). when i plugged a 4 cell NiCd RX pack into the reciever and ran the servo, it went fine. i am just wandering if anyone knows how to turn off the LRP QC2's BEC function so i can run a battery pack to power the reciever.

Thanks,

Adam

billtc3 04-22-2005 01:06 AM

i think you don't have to turn off anything. you can connect a 5 minicell pack and the qc2 to the receiver. but i don't think you have to do that. maybe your ko is a fet servo, so it needs extra voltage to run. in this case, you should connect the qc2 thin blue wire to the servo instead of a separate pack.

adamkerrnz 04-22-2005 01:09 AM

ok i have the blue wire, but where do i solder/connect it to?

billtc3 04-22-2005 01:20 AM

is your servo fet? if so, look for instructions in the manual. if not, you have no use for the qc2 blue wire

adamkerrnz 04-22-2005 01:23 AM

its a FET servo, its a KO Propo PDS2343FET. the box says its a FET servo too.

there is nothing in the servo's instructions that tells you where to connect the fet power lead!?!?

when the 2343 is connected to my QC2 using my 3PK HRS reciever (and 3PK HRS transmitter) when i turn, the servo goes nuts!. when i connected an extra reciever pack to the reciever (and didnt turn the ESC on at the switch) the servo ran fine!. is there anyway to solve this without using an extra reciever pack?????

billtc3 04-22-2005 02:08 AM

since it's a fet servo, you don't have to use an extra reciever pack. there should be an extra wire (apart from the ones that connect to the receiver) coming out of your servo. solder it to the qc2 thin blue wire.

doesn't anybody at your local track use a fet servo? see what they have done

adamkerrnz 04-22-2005 02:27 AM

thats the weird thing, there is no extra wire coming out of the servo. these servo's are meant to be 6volts, and i think the QC2 ESC has a 6volt BEC in it. i think it may have something to do with the mix of the 3PK's HRS system, QC2 and the KO reciever. i am not sure if other people have had problems the same as this!?

billtc3 04-22-2005 02:46 AM

just a moment, you're using a futaba radio with a ko receiver? (3pk is futaba, right?) that could cause some serious interference, as well as the problem with the servo.

you're right about the servo running on 6V, even though it's fet (that's weird), i checked the ko website. it makes sense that it has no extra wire and qc2 blue wire is useless.

Brett.w 04-22-2005 02:54 AM

Hi Adam Brett here you might wana check out this thread
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=69711

adamkerrnz 04-22-2005 03:04 AM

Originally posted by billtc3
just a moment, you're using a futaba radio with a ko receiver? (3pk is futaba, right?) that could cause some serious interference, as well as the problem with the servo.

you're right about the servo running on 6V, even though it's fet (that's weird), i checked the ko website. it makes sense that it has no extra wire and qc2 blue wire is useless.

i am using the futaba 3PK transmitter with the futaba R203HF 40Mhz HRS reciever. i figured the only way to solve this is to add a reciever battery pack :flaming: the servo works sweet running off a battery pack, but it has issues with getting power from the LRP QC2. it is solved now, to my cars weight's cost :mad:

Herminator 04-22-2005 04:51 AM

Oops, my mistake, looked up the servo and one site said it wasn't digital, it seem it is though :rolleyes:
Sorry.

new92 04-22-2005 05:27 AM

I had the same problems using a digital with my Futaba MC800...which is the same as a Quantam.
I soldered a power cap to a servo lead then plugged it into the batt slot on the receiver. Seems to have fixed my problems. I am looking for another ESC as soon as I have some extra money. I cant stand this Futaba. I have had it sent in twice because it wont reset or anything. Takes me 30 minutes or more usually to resset it or change profiles. I send it in and 3 or 4 weeks later they send me a new one and it works fine for about 2 months then starts all over again. Its like the buttons wear out or something and I dont even use them but maybe once every 2 months or something. I can usually set it once or twice before it stops responding to the set and mode buttons.

oh well, lesson learned

rocketron 04-22-2005 08:03 AM

Originally posted by adamkerrnz
thats the weird thing, there is no extra wire coming out of the servo. these servo's are meant to be 6volts, and i think the QC2 ESC has a 6volt BEC in it. i think it may have something to do with the mix of the 3PK's HRS system, QC2 and the KO reciever. i am not sure if other people have had problems the same as this!?
this is a very similar problem with that esc when using a spektrum system. they do not output 6.0 volts...... someone here mentioned a capacitor - just like the spektrum it should solve this problem too.

scoobydo 04-22-2005 01:36 PM

Originally posted by adamkerrnz
i am using the futaba 3PK transmitter with the futaba R203HF 40Mhz HRS reciever. i figured the only way to solve this is to add a reciever battery pack :flaming: the servo works sweet running off a battery pack, but it has issues with getting power from the LRP QC2. it is solved now, to my cars weight's cost :mad:
I had the same problem. I was using a QC2 with the 2343KO.
I talked to the KO rep and he told me that it the newer servos will not work with the QC2.
To KO's knowledge, it is the only ESC with this problem.
The only fix is to run batteries to boost the power. I just went back to using my 2143 which is just as fast and works.
the QC2 puts out 5.8v and the MINIMUM for the new KO servos is 6.0v
Here is my thread when I talked to the KO rep:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=69083

Ducati-Rider 04-22-2005 04:34 PM

Plug the blue servo wire to positive

I run a KO FET servo with 3PK...I just plug the blue servo lead into the positive - red battery wire, or positive receiver plug and it works fine - no glitch, fast response.

works for me