getting into drifting what to buy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

getting into drifting what to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default getting into drifting what to buy?

looking for some good drift cars under $200
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The best starter cars are E10, sprint 2 drift, tamaiya tt01.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Well the question is rtr or kit.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

If your looking for something around 200, then most if not all are going to be rtr. The real question you should be asking yourself is, how deep do you want to get into drifting? If you just want to play and have fun then a 50:50 drift setup is good. If you want to go a little deeper into it and start drifting with counter steer (basically the rear wheels spin faster than the front wheels so that you have to counter steer) then you'll want to get something belt driven.

Out of the cars that are listed above, I've dealt with all 3. The sprint 2 drift offers the best feel, but lacks the ability to really upgrade to a standard hard case lipo battery. The battery will fit, but without modification the belt will rub on the battery.

The tt01 is definitely a good performer. I'm not sure if the stock chassis comes with an aluminum center driveshaft or not. The car has been in the drift scene for a while now and has been modified so that CS (counter steer) is possible. Plenty of aftermarket support. Full chassis conversions, carbon fiber and aluminum available for almost all parts.

The e10 is the absolute basic model from the 3. If offers the ability to switch in between front motor and rear motor setups, but the overall quality is below average. Working on differentials is not as easy as the others. I do know that the stock center drive shaft and dog bones for the wheels are plastic. Again, since the chassis has been around for a while there is a large aftermarket support for parts, just as many if not more than the tt01.

Hope this helps. I drift with a Hot Bodies TC-FD. If you have any questions feel free to ask.