R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
Actually both Timezone 1 and Timezone 2 are roughly 15-20 minutes apart. Timezone 1 is a European style onroad track that has a slight bank to it at the end of the straight away. Very nice track and a lot of fun to run Mod TC on. Here is the link to the tracks.

Both tracks are located in Washington.

http://www.timezoneracing.com/
So this is the track I guess?

Both indoor and outdoor tracks look very nice.
How is the weather overthere? What season is least possible to have rain?
Is the area too isolated or some exposure may be achieved?
I think it is worth contacting the owner and making him consider hosting the event.

John
JD RACING BLOG
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 AM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
If 12th was to be on asphalt again then there would be a control tire... This is to stop the masami/yokomo domination since forever..
Where in the rules does it say about a control tyre for 12th?

I think it is a cop out to say one driver/company is too good in condition X so we'll just legislate against it. It's up to the competition to raise their game. Also Masami is retired.
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post

I think it is a cop out to say one driver/company is too good in condition X so we'll just legislate against it. It's up to the competition to raise their game. Also Masami is retired.
Masami is heavily involved with Hacksukura, and for the recent worlds they have manged to find that 'magic' tyre that only they could have.
This was even more prevalent at the last 1/12 worlds that they had to run on asphalt.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:52 AM   #79
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis View Post

I think it is worth contacting the owner and making him consider hosting the event.

John
JD RACING BLOG
http://joshuasouthoaks.blogspot.ca/#...prix-2012.html

Seattle RC Racers Hangar 30 is on there too..

Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Realistically, how big does a track need to be to satisfy the TC faithful? 150'x80' with 10 ft lanes? Most convention centers could easily accomplish this. I don't undertstand the TC racers aversion to holding the Worlds on carpet, as long as the track is big and flowing enough. Housing the race indoors eliminates the potential for bad weather, and offers consistency to the event. Seems like a winner to me.
150'x80' would be a smallish TC track, that's still fractionally smaller than my local;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRvviga7eeM
Narrowest part is by the WLRC sign and is 10'

You need more than 10' lanes for a fair size asphalt track, especially when the cars could be doing up to, or even over, 70mph depending on the size of the track.
At the track above the Mods are in the region of 54mph

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 AM   #81
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post

Rule 2.0.4 on the first page of the rule book.....

It's more to do with saving companies thousands of $//€ on testing for a 1 off event to find that "magic" tyre... Just like what happened at the WC in Bangkok.

It's the exact same reason that TC had limited the number of tires allowed as in past events when testing, it was utterly pointless to go on track with 1 run old tires as at the actual event, you were running new tires every round of qualifying.

Assume 1 TC driver (any driver, factory or not) went to test for a WC, assume they did a 2 day test, 8 runs per day, that's 16 sets of rubber needing to be used for 1 test. And at the price they RRP at in the UK 25, that's 400 on rubber alone for 1 driver, for 2 days.
And that's just assuming you know the control rubber tyre.

The cost rises exponentially when you factor in 12th on Tarmac and have no clue which tire will be best, or size....

And that's why 12th will be a control tire if it were to be held on Tarmac.

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 AM   #82
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
Rule 2.0.4 on the first page of the rule book.....
There is no rule 2.0.4 in either the General Rules (amended January 2011) or the Electric Track Rules (amended April 2012) on the IFMAR website. Do you have a different copy?

Rule 1.0.4 (which I've already quoted) that you might be referring to says: "1.0.4 The track surface for 1/12th Class is recommended to be indoors on standardised needle carpet." It doesn't say anything about tyres.
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #83
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Naoto Matsukura is an aggressive driver but I would not call him a hack. I have seen the videos and all I see is a guy that gets mad when things are not going his way and then is very impatient and takes chances when overtaking to get back to the front. Fortunately he has the skill and the car to pull off some insane moves on the track. He is the best 1/12th driver in the world.

As far as Yokomo and tires...Every foam tire manufacturer has access to different types of foam but only Yokomo seems to be aggressively putting R&D effort into 1/12 tire compounds. The rest are using the same foam they have used for 20 years. I don't blame them as there is not much $$ in the foam tire business outside of Nitro racing.

I think the Hanger 30 facility in WA could be a great venue. They could run Sedan and 1/12 on a huge carpet track. To eliminate any advantage for 1/12 racers running Sedan later in the week you could run one class clock wise and the other counter clock wise.

Seattle WA, is a awesome city and the facility can house a huge ETS style Carpet Track with pits. Sponsorship dollars could fund rent, new carpet/barriers and minor facility/cosmetic improvements. ROAR would supply the timing and scoring gear and tech team. CRC would certainly sponsor the event and may donate or deeply discount the carpet.

http://youtu.be/HRjHAT45QMc

Last edited by AdrianM; 01-17-2013 at 07:21 AM.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #84
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

Hmmm they must have taken it out of the rules then as it used to be there and it's in the copy I have saved on my computer, it's probably been updated without me noticing.

EDIT: just seen my copy is almost 2 updates old, done 2009 after Bangkok lol.

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Luke Hobson; 01-17-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #85
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Naoto Matsukura is an aggressive driver but I would not call him a hack. I have seen the videos and all I see is a guy that gets mad when things are not going his way and then is very impatient and takes chances when overtaking to get back to the front. Fortunately he has the skill and the car to pull off some insane moves on the track. He is the best 1/12th driver in the world.
Not to take anything away from him as he IS The fastest 12th driver in the world but....

You ask any "pro" driver that has raced with him and they would all disagree. They all cant stand racing in a race with him. Not because he's fast but because the way he drives and complete disrespect for anyone else on the track. Its what happens when your a 3 time WC and a teenager I guess.

They would all agree he has earned the name "Hacksukura".

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #86
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

For the benefit of the Europeans,Americans dont have a goverment mandated vacation period from their work. So even if you have one or two weeks off, a lot of people are not going to give that time off to staff an rc car race.
There are just not as many volunteers.to be had.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #87
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Someone should ask Andy Moore and CRC if Naoto is a hack. Even Scotty was calling for a stop & go while announcing the race.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Not to take anything away from him as he IS The fastest 12th driver in the world but....

You ask any "pro" driver that has raced with him and they would all disagree. They all cant stand racing in a race with him. Not because he's fast but because the way he drives and complete disrespect for anyone else on the track. Its what happens when your a 3 time WC and a teenager I guess.

They would all agree he has earned the name "Hacksukura".

EA
Couldn't agree more!!Watching him blow the first corner and then try to slam the door shut on Volker was hilarious. His car got blasted into the outside wall, which is what he deserved. Then watching him storm off and throw a little fit was even more entertaining. Hard to believe he has ZERO problem peeling his way to the front of races after he makes a mistake, but gets so bent out of shape when someone else hits him.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis View Post

John
JD RACING BLOG

Yes, these are the tracks and I am sorry to say that the interest is not there for them to host it.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Last year Naoto wasn't the fastest 1/12th driver in the world, Andy was.
If Naoto hadn't ploughed into the traffic then Andy would be 1/12th WC.

I have spoken to Andy about the whole thing, he was extremely diplomatic about it, not a bad word said. I know if it was me then I would have more to say!

If that's how he wants to win his titles then I guess that's up to him.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote