R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   How to put Hobbywing V3 in blinky mode? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/693695-how-put-hobbywing-v3-blinky-mode.html)

protc3 01-09-2013 12:07 PM

How to put Hobbywing V3 in blinky mode?

I know this may be a dumb question but I am pressed for time and just got the new HW V3 and I need to put it in blinky mode for my WGT car. Can this be done at the speedo or does it need to be done on the program box?

ByteStream 01-09-2013 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by protc3 (Post 11654374)
I know this may be a dumb question but I am pressed for time and just got the new HW V3 and I need to put it in blinky mode for my WGT car. Can this be done at the speedo or does it need to be done on the program box?

Use Profile 2

protc3 01-09-2013 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by ByteStream (Post 11654396)
Use Profile 2

Can you do it at the speedo or do you need the program box? I dont mean to sound lazy but I am pressed for time and left everyhing at home. Can you give me a quick run down on how to do it to save me a little time. I have to grab my race gear and head out to the track as soon as I get home from work.

cyclonetog 01-09-2013 12:43 PM

The only thing you can do with the speedo alone is calibrate and turn on and off.

Everything else, including profile selection, needs to be done with the program card. Obviously flashing firmware requires the card and a Windows computer.

ByteStream 01-09-2013 01:09 PM

Corrected ..

Connect ESC
R/P Button
Mode 2 No Timing

AGNO 01-09-2013 01:15 PM

No need to flash firmware.

There is no need of computer.

However, requires the LCD program card.

Connect the LCD card and select them profile "NO timing", or adjust to zero degrees "Boost timing" and "Turbo timing"

Vincent_Diesel 10-11-2014 07:58 PM

just curious. If V3, V3.1 software is in spec or blinky mode does the unit actually blink like Tekins do?

I have the Hobbywing V3.1 Stock Spec ESC and in future club races they will be checking ESCs before races to ensure no boost is being used. Is there a visual indicator if it's in spec mode?

imprsme 10-11-2014 08:03 PM

Yes the light on the power button flashes or blinks if you will

Madulla 10-11-2014 08:39 PM

It only blinks in neutral. If you don't calibrate the ESC to your radio it might not blink even in no timing mode.

Geezatec 10-11-2014 08:39 PM

Reading the manual, there is no blinky mode. You have to use Program card. Its not like the Tekins, on-board Blinky. Only blinky used is when you Calibrate.

OttoKrosse 10-12-2014 11:09 AM

If you don't have the program card you will have 10 degrees of boost already programmed into the ESC, you will need the Hobbywing program card to reset your ESC.

Installed 2 of the Hobbywing V3.1s without knowing about the factory pre-sets and was informed by fellow racers about the ESC settings after they got dusted. :sneaky:.....:o

SlowerOne 10-12-2014 11:35 AM

The speedo can only be set with the program card. You can select Mode 2 which is clearly stated in the instructions to be blinky mode. You'll have to hope that someone at the track has a program card set to v3 software, otherwise you will be the fastest thing on the track! HTH :)