Search
Like Tree1Likes

New Corally SP12SLX...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default corally 12 SLX CAR?

What makes this car so different as for driving characteristics compared to the other top names in 1/12th scale racing..
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm sure the US 12X used the AE front end, certainly the manual only for the 12X only shows it with the optional US rear axle. Can't find a manual for the SP12SLX though.

It seems daft to me to bush up the hubs and run bearings in the wheels, I'd of went at it the other way round esp as the hub bearings are bigger Do you have part numbers for those axles wingman?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

You're getting confused with 12X "WC".

There were 2 versions of 12x released initially - 12X Euro - (with the same rear axle/diff as the 12M Euro and the std corally front end), and 12X US with the us spec axle, and the front end setup as wingman suggests. The first kits (that I had!) used the red alloy axles - or cheese as they were otherwise known.

Then a while later, they released the 12X WC which was a 12X us spec rear end, and associated L4 front end. So basically the same combo as everyone had been running anyway.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

/me tips his hat to Master Matt, schools out
Old 04-01-2013, 02:44 AM
Suspended

Default corally 12slx

I hope to have the car this week and on the track at als hobby race track in san Antonio, tx..the car looks very impressive,but more importantly it has several battery positions and the ability to change, the front-end ....the car seems to work well with the associated 12r5.1 front-end but i will still test the beam front-end to compare the two...
There's not a great deal online so you have to find a driver that owns and races the corally slx ...
Old 04-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Suspended

Att:team corally/trinity
My first update on , the performance of 1/12th scale corally 12slx /ar us version was very easy to drive on and off power...I chose to pull harder out of the corners and the rear end remained planted on low traction track. .im convinced that, this car will dominate on asphalt. .
Old 04-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pierre johnson
Att:team corally/trinity
My first update on , the performance of 1/12th scale corally 12slx /ar us version was very easy to drive on and off power...I chose to pull harder out of the corners and the rear end remained planted on low traction track. .im convinced that, this car will dominate on asphalt. .
Where you running the beam front end or AE type mate?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Suspended

Default corally slx

The corally slx would not allow me to use rear TRC tires so , I was forced to purchase solely corally rear tires but other than that it is a remarkable car and look forward to racing at the Texas electric onroad series...the car works beautifully on asphalt with the ar frontend..
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

The corally slx would not allow me to use rear TRC tires so , I was forced to purchase solely corally rear tires but other than that it is a remarkable car and look forward to racing at the Texas electric onroad series...the car works beautifully on asphalt with the ar frontend..
I, and most of the UK Corally team have been using TRC tyres with the SLX with no problem. The tyres have a larger offset than most and so need more shims on the axle and/or spacers on the hubs.

Trev
Old 05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, if you're wanting a 12SLX kit I listed one on eBay. Looks like Stormer is out of stock.

The kit is priced well considering you get full ceramic bearings and diff balls and titanium screws.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

The one thing that I don't particulary like about the design of the drive side hub is that you have to have exactly the right length screw, or it tightens down on the diff ring. I bought a couple of packs of longer screws and then cut then down to fit various rims with various offsets. The easiest thing to do with the TRC tyres is to run 2 x carbon spaces between the back of the rim and the hubs on the axle. That pushes the rim away from any carbon parts around the pod. Once you have the spacers, get a long screw and push it through a rim hole, then through both spacers and then leave some threads to screw into the hub and cut the rest off. There is a chap in Japan that makes a Corally based chassis (really nice!) which has a modified pod so that a regular 'US" type axle can be used.

http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/blog/archives/10728

Cheers!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Suspended

Default team corally driver race performance update

The corally slx is far more than many fail to see when the car can offer you the best of both worlds..I decided to experiment with the frontend some and switched the associated frontend with a far better handling front-end of a crc gen xl with the strut front brace using the associated 20 front springs it was a gamble that paid off with more than, I was expecting. .the crc front-end can be used entirely with no modifications needed..I chose to use jaco magenta fronts 42 ' and jacos rear silver 44 ' ..the side springs are soft which add enormous amount of rear traction. .I switched the corally mono shock for a hothodies shock that works wonderfully. .I used 30 wgt oil in the mono shock with the silver spring..then I begun to work on the side damperings and used the lighter 35 weight oil insead of the syrup by corally and though it may be some great stuff it only seem to slow the car down coming in and out of turns ...I have the car as low as you can go without compromising,the car bottoming out..the car was faster and more aggressive and this is only from 2 mos of testing...the car has the ability to switch front-ends that other cars can't provide and that alone makes for more room tunng options. .the crc front-end pillow ball suspension works great with the corallys very stable rear end and eliminates the push that comes from the solid rear end..I'm impressed with cars performance and look to see more cornering speed which was something that was lacking using the associated 5.2 front-end..there's some awesome race footage of the car on youtube under (mrsirpierre) ..well if you have any more questions hit me on my e-mail/[email protected]...
Old 06-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Suspended

Default team corally

I've just returned from the texas electric onroad series and rhe car was on rails and with the set posted you will see what made the corally world champions..I have the set up posted on my thread its a awesome car..
Old 08-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

We've had some good results with the car lately, seems to be working really well. Also lowered the price a little bit on the Superior ebay store.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

up, I'm a Corally fan this thread needs some activity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.