Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The easiest thing to do would be to add more rear toe. Then I would move the hubs forward for more rear traction. But first I would check your rear diff. Is this for for foam or rubber tires?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yeah I'm racing with rubbers on an asphalt track

i think ive have on at the moment 1degree camber, with 2degree tow-in on the rear

also how lose/tight should the rear diff be, im running a novak 8.5 (19turn)
Old 11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I)arkness
yeah I'm racing with rubbers on an asphalt track

i think ive have on at the moment 1degree camber, with 2degree tow-in on the rear

also how lose/tight should the rear diff be, im running a novak 8.5 (19turn)
I would go to 3 degree in the rear also check front arm sweep as well. I added more in my Tamiya along with pro squat in the front by .5mm and it was dialed and balanced. I tried changing the springs, oil etc before that and none of it worked until I put in the prosquat and front arm sweep then tune the rear with toe.

Just my 2 cents
Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I)arkness
no.
i mean when you are holding the car off the ground so there is no force acting on the car, does it still happen, could be that the uni pins are getting caught somewhere, ore perhaps the outdrives
when i m holding d car its fine, throttle d car it runs smoothly.but on d ground it sway left n right. Even changed servo, still d same.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

NOT TOO SURE ABOUT YOUR BINDING PROBLEM, BUT ABOUT THE REAR TRACTION, YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY USE 3DEG TOE AND TRY ALOT OF DROOP LIKE 2MM OR SO THAT SHOULD HELP.ALSO RAISE THE FRONT BALLSTUD(INBOARD) IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS. WHICH STEERING INSERT ARE YOU USING?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

for the steering in using the 76-A for where the flange ball cups go and number 78 for where the steering wiper sits on and above

im not sure what this has to do with the way the rear slides out?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Adjust the rear of the car first, then mess with the front. Try some of the things mentioned above and let us know how it goes.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dfurutani
NOT TOO SURE ABOUT YOUR BINDING PROBLEM, BUT ABOUT THE REAR TRACTION, YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY USE 3DEG TOE AND TRY ALOT OF DROOP LIKE 2MM OR SO THAT SHOULD HELP.ALSO RAISE THE FRONT BALLSTUD(INBOARD) IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS. WHICH STEERING INSERT ARE YOU USING?
HOLY CAT DADDY!!!!!

A sighting from the very elusive D. Furutani!!!! Good to see your still kickin around man!!!

Brant
Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Strange thing when steering

Hi,

We discovered a stage thing with the TF-5. We are using spool (but iīm not sure that it have something to do with the problem) in front and if we take off the wheels and make a steering to left or right, everything is normal.
Then we put on a tire ( balanced) at the front left, and accelerate the car.
With the wheel spinning we turn steering to the left and the whole suspension arm start to "jump" upp and down.

We have discovered this with mor than 1 car so itīs something strange.

- Do it without tires, itīs normal.
- Do it with tires and make full steering an then accelerat, it jumps a little.
- Do if with tires and accelerrate first and make the steering afte, alot of "jumps".

We guess that it something with the driveshaft, but everything looks and feels normal.

Any suggestions ?

/Pierre
Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

This is normal behaviour when a spool is fitted on any car. Goes to show how much strain they put on the car!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
This is normal behaviour when a spool is fitted on any car. Goes to show how much strain they put on the car!
So is front one way better?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Spool/one-way/diff are all TUNING options and should be treated as just that. None is "better" than the other, however each one feels different.

It is true that the spool is very hard on the car mechanically and you do get some curious phenomena when you rev the car in your hand due to the driveshaft angles. However in most rubber-tyre situations currently it is the fastest way around the track so serious racers have to accept the increased wear and tear in the search of performance.

For club racing I normally prefer a diff as it is just for fun and with a diff you probably won't break anything for years!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

yeah i agree with sosidge

ive noticed with other cars ive had in the past that when running the spool the front tyres they will do weird things.

as far as with the shin edition haven't noticed this to happen with a spool yet

and as far as choosing a spool, one way or diff i think it depends on what class you will be running with the car,
as if you need to brake either go with the diff or spool, but it you are running like stock or 540 then you could get away with the one way.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PiRo
Hi,

We discovered a stage thing with the TF-5. We are using spool (but iīm not sure that it have something to do with the problem) in front and if we take off the wheels and make a steering to left or right, everything is normal.
Then we put on a tire ( balanced) at the front left, and accelerate the car.
With the wheel spinning we turn steering to the left and the whole suspension arm start to "jump" upp and down.

We have discovered this with mor than 1 car so itīs something strange.

- Do it without tires, itīs normal.
- Do it with tires and make full steering an then accelerat, it jumps a little.
- Do if with tires and accelerrate first and make the steering afte, alot of "jumps".

We guess that it something with the driveshaft, but everything looks and feels normal.

Any suggestions ?

/Pierre

check the inside of the rim ,sometimes the strengthening ribs on some rims hit the suspension arm when you turn
Old 11-21-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Its a problem whit the cdv's that are dry or dont have the wright fat on them.When you have this problem then you will also here hte car make a sound when you are driving and aply throttle when coming out of the turn.At the same time you the care losses a little bit steering.The solution for this is to put black grease from corrally on the cdv's.This grease is normaly used for the thrustbairing of the diff.There is also some tamiya antiwear grease that is also good for this but its very expensive. The point is that the grease has to be thixk so that there is no play anymore between the cup and the ball of the cdv.
Try it and thel me how good it worked

Grtzz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.