Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have the SD and the Stallion. I kinda prefer my SD, because I have more time with it. But both handle pretty good. This year I've got my Stallion setup for some 13.5 rubber and my SD has a standard stock motor. I haven't ran either yet this year, but I'm looking forward to it. I think I'll like the stallion a little better when I get the shin conversion for it.

I think if your running rubber these car are pretty good. Never tried them in foam.

When I contacted Speedtech they said they would be trying to get the Shin conversion soon.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Anemic_SluG
Yeah and the 1 driver they have uses his own car, so what is that saying about the Stallion??

Well least it looks good on the shelf!
The Stallion finished 7th in Stock at this years carpet nationals. I posted the set-up at that time. I'll be trying to put it back in the main at Cleveland over Thanksgiving. Keep in mind that the "1 Driver" you are talking about is more then just a "driver" racing for free parts. He is an Employee with design and development in his job description.

Have fun!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy who?
The Stallion finished 7th in Stock at this years carpet nationals. I posted the set-up at that time. I'll be trying to put it back in the main at Cleveland over Thanksgiving. Keep in mind that the "1 Driver" you are talking about is more then just a "driver" racing for free parts. He is an Employee with design and development in his job description.

Have fun!
Shin Ver. ?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

No. Just the normal Stallion.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anemic_SluG
Yeah and the 1 driver they have uses his own car, so what is that saying about the Stallion??

Well least it looks good on the shelf!
Locally at Socal we have 2 drivers running the stallion and 1 driver running the shin edition...

We have tons of competition with factory drivers from almost all manufactures and the Kyosho car is definately on pace...

From what I hear about the shin edition the car carries more corner speed and the car is more balance...The chassis is not as wide and the battery is closer to the center of chassis..
Old 10-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well I am glad to see people are usig the car. It's what I would hope happened by asking the question. Just new to the car and trying to figure out if the investment in parts is going to pay off for me. The 1 driver is a great guy talked to him a lot about the car during a race he was at, I hope the development of the car continues. I have before put my apples in the bucket on a different chassis only to find out I should have acted like cattle a get a car that everyone uses, so it scares me to invest the $$$ if nobody is driving this one. I hope Kyosho continues the run and am glad to see people have been successful driving the car.
Thanks for your responses and let's not let this thread die!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Question for you Kyosho TC drivers. I'm thinking about picking up a TF5 SD to run stock TC on carpet this winter. What else is needed to make the car setup for carpet? Does it come with a front diff or one-way? Does anyone make a thicker chassis, is it even needed?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm a huge Kyosho fan boy and want to run one of their TCs this season, but it seems like nobody is running one.

Thanks for the help?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Are you going to run the SD on rubber or foams? If your going to run rubber the car doesn't need anything. If I remember right it has a choice of oneway, spool, and diff. I can't remember because I already had everything for diffs choices from my Lazer. If you plan on running anything faster than 19t you'll want to look into the steel diff outdrives. Otherwise I just use the plastic ones for stock or 19t.

If you plan on running foams I don't think the SD is the way to go. The stallion seems a little stiffer.

If you need it. I'll shoot you my setup that I use for a oneway on rubbers in stock.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

I am going to run it in stock on foams. I don't plan on racing it every weekend because off-road is primary class, so I wanted to get the SD to save a few bucks.

Nobody makes a thicker carpet chassis for the SD?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
I am going to run it in stock on foams. I don't plan on racing it every weekend because off-road is primary class, so I wanted to get the SD to save a few bucks.

Nobody makes a thicker carpet chassis for the SD?
Wish I could give you some answers....We all run the belt car out here at Socal...and we mainly run asphalt...

I think Jason Swift ran foam tires on carpet but he ran the stallion...I'm sure if you send him a PM he could help you out...
Old 10-26-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

I don't think anyone makes a stiffer chassis for the SD. It is more flexible than my Stallion. I think you'd be better off getting a used Stallion than trying to make the SD work on foam.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, thanks for your help.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well when some magazine did a shaft vs belt trial on the Kyoshos both cars posted the same lap times. So you could save some cash and get a shaft car. A few people are running the shaft Tamiya at my track and are doing well. The only thing I prefer in the belt car is it seems because of the forgiving nature of the belts my heavy trigger finger lets the belts stretch and not break traction unlike when I ran my Yokomo SD's.

I ran my Stallion to test it the other day and it ran great tons of steering, seemed like a good car that is why I don't understand the lack of excitement on this ride....
Old 10-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

sqc049-Check the for sale section. There is a NIB stallion for $300. The seller is mrcer4life or something like that.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Holy Crap!!!!!

What do we have here??????

This thread has actually been on the main page for like 3 days now!!!!

Has anybody heard from Steve @ Speedtech when he thinks the Shin Edition or the conversion will be in the USA?? Glad to see you guys suing this thread again. BTW--Where O Where is Mr. Matt ????

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.