Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

tc3team
Im glad that someone out there has had a good experiences from 3racing
I used a mic and vernier at work to measure the components i had and i found that they were way off the mark.the carbon shock towers were especially bad as they were nothing like the orginals,thus altering the original geometries.and making the car a complete pig to drive
Come on gents let us know how square rc parts compare!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks, speaking from a years use of the ta05, I use the trf shocks and I have found the car better indoors than outdoors, I think this is due to the 3racings thicker chassis design more than anything though. Chassis flex is useful to gain the edge on handling outdoor on rubber and the 3racing chassis doesnt give hardly any flex with the chassis layout it has. The blue alloy posts really do soak up any possible flex the chassis wants to consider giving out. hence on foams it is very responsive and precise on the steering.

That said, Tamiya parts are renouned for being awesome, trf shocks included. Can't fault them, again, alloy toe blocks and centre one way... cant fault them.

BUT... even the big companies screw up sometimes- look at Tamiyas ta05 chassis, there have been reports in the past their moulding machines must have been out of kilt as people cannot set their droop equally when it is measured out as the same each side
Old 03-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm currently using the aluminum bulkheads from 3racing, and they work fine. Bought them as a test run for the tamiyas incase i decided that upgrading for a tcs race wasn't worth it. I also have the 3racing version 1 chassis for the TA-05. No problems with it, lightened up the car alot and is really durable and stiff. had to go back to the carbon tub chassis though because i bent the mototr motor mount on the 3racing one hitting a curb dead on at 20+ MPH. aside from that its still in one piece and ready to go.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi I've decided to have TA-05R but the owner of the hobby shop introduced the TA-05 IFS, which give me another car to think off.
Whats the difference of the two (TA-05R & TA-05 IFS) in terms of handling and maintenance wise.
Thanks in advance
Old 03-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by best of blue
Hi I've decided to have TA-05R but the owner of the hobby shop introduced the TA-05 IFS, which give me another car to think off.
Whats the difference of the two (TA-05R & TA-05 IFS) in terms of handling and maintenance wise.
Thanks in advance
The IFS has different font suspension to allow the use of low slung bodies, it is a little more fragile.

The good nes is that the IFS has all the parts to make a standard TA05

The TA05R is a class above (in terms of hopups) than both he standard TA05 and the IFS

Kevin
Old 03-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kavadni
The IFS has different font suspension to allow the use of low slung bodies, it is a little more fragile.
It's not any more fragile than the TA05-R or TA05 with the LW reversable suspension. (Actually the IFS is a bit more rugged than the R because the plastic is a little more flexible. The R uses carbon reinforced plastic for stiffness so it's more brittle.) Regardless, the weakest part are the front steering knuckles in any version.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info. I might consider buying a TA-05R, but again I believe that the pinion gears not included.
can anyone have suggestion of what gearing i should buy and what is the good ESC for a high speed motor? (Im not into brushless)
Thanks!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc3team
Thanks, speaking from a years use of the ta05, I use the trf shocks and I have found the car better indoors than outdoors, I think this is due to the 3racings thicker chassis design more than anything though. Chassis flex is useful to gain the edge on handling outdoor on rubber and the 3racing chassis doesnt give hardly any flex with the chassis layout it has. The blue alloy posts really do soak up any possible flex the chassis wants to consider giving out. hence on foams it is very responsive and precise on the steering.

That said, Tamiya parts are renouned for being awesome, trf shocks included. Can't fault them, again, alloy toe blocks and centre one way... cant fault them.

BUT... even the big companies screw up sometimes- look at Tamiyas ta05 chassis, there have been reports in the past their moulding machines must have been out of kilt as people cannot set their droop equally when it is measured out as the same each side
I see your from the uk.where do you race and on what suface, tires etc?
As i dont actually own a TA05 at the moment i wonder if could share some of your infinite wisdom regarding the chassis and other compatible components.
Firstly is it possible to fit TRF 415 diffs ?.
The TRF415 MSX centre direct centre shaft 3454395 ?.
Or convert it to the big pulley style of the TRF501x,as used on the TRF416 ?.
BIG pulley conversion sounds to be an interesting option wouldnt you think?
thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 02:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bviktor
Hi,

What did you expect from the 3Racing products? As everyone knows the quality of 3Racing products is bloody poor.
These parts gives you only a lot of problem and a lot weight.
I know these parts are very cheap, but if you buy a spare part from 3racing and you can not use it, it would be very expensive.
I suggest you to buy only Tamiya spare parts, because they have the best quality in the market.

My friend bought a 2° rear upright from 3racing. One of them was OK, but the other gave him 4°. That's not acceptable.

Regards
I learnt that the hard way. Rear Toe in block that won't fit unless it's raised about 3mm off the chassis and a Ti screw set that has such fine threads the holes in plastic parts strip easily(in saying that, the kit steel screw goes into the same hole quite happily). Center pulley replacements which require so much brute force to fit that you may(or may not) get them on undamaged. They certainly won't come off in one piece.

Stick to Tamiya parts. Most definately.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey All,
I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything..... for those of you running the 501x 18T center pullies, what belts are you using? I tried a front belt off my TA05MS, but it's too long. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
JV
Old 03-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Getting ready for TCS...Anybody got a good set up for GT2 13.5 brushless / lipo on carpet racing? and what bodies shell works the best ? Tamiya Part numbers would help...Thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

is the Ebbro body shell can fit to TA05 with conventional shock tower??
Old 03-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t4m1y4niac
is the Ebbro body shell can fit to TA05 with conventional shock tower??
No...but it will nice if could...
Old 03-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
No...but it will nice if could...
Yes it can if you dont mind the front of the shell being 45mm of the ground rather than 5mm
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default front spool query

I have just installed a front spool, and while taking it for a spin, I get no more then 5 ft and turn either left or right, and the front dogbones pop out. With both the standard and front one way diff, the standard dogbones have not been a problem, but I'm buggered why they keep popping out with the spool now.

I've tried with and without the shims, but no change.

what have I missed, any tips to fix this problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.