Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Plazma Formula 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The 2.5 lower arm piece hit the spot with the Plazma F1. Got a chance to race my car yesterday with the new piece and the car was even more dialed. It is very nice to be able to adjust the front ride height above 3mm. With that, now the car can be run outdoors with no fear of the front end of the chassis getting scratched to heck because of the low ride height on rubber tires.

Last edited by JLock; 06-09-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You had the best looking car yesterday. IMO! It really made me want to build another one.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B00t13g
You had the best looking car yesterday. IMO! It really made me want to build another one.
Thanks Mackie!!! I can probably still refine a couple of things as far as the car's setup is concerned. Now that I bought Joey Novak's Plazma (that I built), I will have two that are ready to rock the track. Joey's former car might be my foam tire racer.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JLock
This chassis is top notch. Everyone that bought one in my area love it. Personally, with the up to dozen F1s that race in my area, I am constantly in the top three finishing-wise in the mains. I have only broken one part on my car (left steering block) since January. The car is very tough and durable. As compared to my Tamiyas (F103 & F104), the car helped to vault me from the middle of the pack to the top (and I am a big Tamiya fan going back to the F102 days {which I still have in good shape}). Don't be afraid to strongly consider this car and with the new lower front arm piece to help with being able to raise the front ride height with rubber tires much better, this "basic" chassis has tons of potential.
Excellent I will have a go
Old 06-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mackie!!! I can probably still refine a couple of things as far as the car's setup is concerned. Now that I bought Joey Novak's Plazma (that I built), I will have two that are ready to rock the track. Joey's former car might be my foam tire racer.
Definitely man! I'm thinking about getting another one. F1 is too much fun to not participate in.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I will purchase the kit tomorrow from Japan can you guys recommend me other parts like spares to get and recommended options. Part numbers would be awesome.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 4G9XRR
I will purchase the kit tomorrow from Japan can you guys recommend me other parts like spares to get and recommended options. Part numbers would be awesome.
If the kit does not come with the upgraded front lower arm tree, you will need to get it (part #PZ101-25). You could think about upgrading the steering knuckles/blocks with their aluminum ones with titanium axles. They come as a 0 and 3 trailing (for I believe some caster action) (part numbers R246-3712 and R246-3713 respectfully). Kyosho is coming out with an upgraded front end that is suppose to be a bolt-on deal with all the upgrades in it. I also heard of the big-bore center shock as well as a woven-graphite kit (like the Exotek one for the Tamiya F1s) that is suppose to be a little wider and slightly longer.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

If the kit does not come with the upgraded front lower arm tree, you will need to get it (part #PZ101-25). You could think about upgrading the steering knuckles/blocks with their aluminum ones with titanium axles. They come as a 0 and 3 trailing (for I believe some caster action) (part numbers R246-3712 and R246-3713 respectfully). Kyosho is coming out with an upgraded front end that is suppose to be a bolt-on deal with all the upgrades in it. I also heard of the big-bore center shock as well as a woven-graphite kit (like the Exotek one for the Tamiya F1s) that is suppose to be a little wider and slightly longer.
Thank you.

Once more request if I may? Can you post a pic of the plazma please I have not really seen a proper photo of the car before.

And is there a reason why the plazma is not carbon like all the other f1 chassis in market?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you.

Once more request if I may? Can you post a pic of the plazma please I have not really seen a proper photo of the car before.

And is there a reason why the plazma is not carbon like all the other f1 chassis in market?
I will try to get those pics posted once I get home later today. I believe the composite chassis was done for cost purposes. Of the upper-end F1 kits, it is the cheaper of them (my LHS sells them for $239.99). Plus being new in the F1 market, their thought probably was lets get the kit out first to see how well it would be received and if it is a hit (which it seems to be picking up steam), lets now do the upgrades to get some more cash from you on the back end (for those that always have to "upgrade" their kits).
Old 06-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

This is my old one.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Mine's for sale if anyone's interested.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Just ordered my kit.

I also ordered the carbon chassis kit and new front end.

Thanks to all, I will update shortly.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Just ordered my kit.

Cool deal!!! I don't think you will be disappointed once you get your kit up and running. Since acquiring mine, my Tamiya F1s hardly get track time anymore. In fact, I have obtained another Plazma F1 that will probably be my foam tire racer and might pick up another one for 17.5/13.5 rubber/foam tire racing.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just ordered my kit.

Just curious what the part number is for the Carbon Chassis Kit. I cant find it anywhere.

just ordered my Kit and wanted to know what are some of the upgraded parts or parts that might be prone to break so I can order a few spares.

Also if im going to run asphalt and need regular rubber tires, what rims will work with the Plazma F1. will any F1 tire combo work?

Same with body's will most F1 bodys work.

new to F1 and this car.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

One more thing, I think I read somewhere that this car might be stock at 200mm. what do I need to do to make it 190mm?

Also, what tires do anyone recommend for regular low-mid temp asphalt tracks. Soft, Med, Hard.. Slicks, treaded? etc.. Brands?

Thanks for any help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.