Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Spec r is my vote.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I heard you can't even get a Spec R at this point so unless your willing to wait a while.... your decision has been made for you.

unless of course you CAN get a spec r
Old 10-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Says who? Its available at TQRC Racing.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had a lot of Associated vehicles. On road and off road. These kits have never let me down. I just bought the TC 6.1 World's Car. It's awesome. If you go to the Associated website, you can get the 6.1 Factory Team which is almost as good, for $250. If I had seen that deal before I bought my World's Car, I'd have jumped on that for sure! I thought about getting one just to have it, since it's such a good deal.

No matter where you go, Associated has great support. Any hobby shop I've ever seen, carries Associated parts. I have lived in and raced in Oklahoma, Texas, New Jersey and now Alaska. Having parts readily available is huge! All of the hobby shops in all of those places carry tons of Associated parts. It's especially important for me here in Alaska where it costs more to have things shipped here and it takes a lot longer too. You'd be hard pressed to get me to buy anything other than Associated.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tc6.1
Bang for buck its untouchable.

Parts are uber cheap and many companies make upgrades for this car (RSD)

If you need to feel "special" get the spec r.

2 cents.
D.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Be different, get the Spec-R and prove the other drivers at the track that it's about driving skill. I have proven that 17 years ago taking a box stock kyosho f1 ($70 kit) and beat the Corally f1 ($300 I recall), HPI F1 roadstar ($200 - $225), and many Tamiya F103RSs and F103RXs.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

To the original poster, I am similarly situtated in that I've owned dozens of cars, mostly offroad, but never a real E-touring car. I chose associated because one thing you know is that setup is key for all racing.

Being new to 1/10 touring I wanted a kit that would allow me to easily get advice from other racers at my track. Take this from a guy who has had a lot of exotics. I bought the first predator offroad to make it to the US and got one of the first three Yokomo MR4-BX offroads to make it to the US as well (Still have that one newly built!).

I love having something a little different and always will, but when venturing to a new style of racing, consider whether you think you'll need any assistance at first figuring out the differences in setup b/t offroad and onroad.

AE has a deal on the TC6.1 FT so I'd go for that personally, but if you're confident in your ability to make it on your own with the Spec R then just get whichever one tugs at your "I have to have it" emotion. I've built several Tamiya kits and they certainly go together nicely and enjoy parts support for years after you buy the kit. You can get parts for a Tamiya car that's 5 years old in most cases.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Can we get an update from OP?