Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn 190mm EP

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
any new results for this car, are people happy with it?
Great debut for the car yesterday, with Richard Clarke making the podium in the stock class at the biggest indoor touring car series in the UK right now (EWS).

We made some small adjustments to springs and shock positions from the kit settings and the car was dialled !
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chris_dono
Great debut for the car yesterday, with Richard Clarke making the podium in the stock class at the biggest indoor touring car series in the UK right now (EWS).

We made some small adjustments to springs and shock positions from the kit settings and the car was dialled !
Hi

Please share set-up. Any isues with the dampers ?? How many holes and oil? Pictures pls
Old 01-22-2013, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

Please share set-up. Any isues with the dampers ?? How many holes and oil? Pictures pls
RedRC Report here:
http://www.redrc.net/2013/01/hart-cl...-4/#more-61387

Setup Sheets here:
http://cpdracing.co.uk/index.php?opt...d=58&Itemid=62
Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice...
http://slowbunnyrc.blogspot.com/2013...lab-te-01.html
Old 01-24-2013, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

Hi, this for me was the very first run with the car at any event and also my first trial with the Hobbywing 21.5 motor.
As Chris has said, we made some small adjustments to rear shock position and front/rear springs only and the car was as good as anything I have ever raced!

My only problem was trying to understand how to make the motor last more then 3 minutes before it overheated. ?

So now we will move our attention to the super-stock class ( 13.5 boosted).
I'll post a picture of the car later but without any question, for me this is one of the best kits I have built and the handling on carpet is equally impressive.
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn 190mm EP-cap-pic1.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The linear steering system has been released.
The system consists of a sliding steering rail and a bracket which holds 3 delrin wheels. The wheels can be adjusted so you have a very smooth moving steering rail which is free of play.

It should make the car handle more consistent and make it smoother, especially around the apex of the corner.

I will test it tomorrow.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just finished some new parts for my TE-01:

-New chassis
-New topdeck
-New layshaft mounts and motormount
-New low profile shock towers

I will be testing the new parts during the ETS in Gran Canary next week.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default New parts for TE01

Testing the new parts:

Cap-29043 Linear Steering System
Cap-28007 Chassis 2,5mm FLEX
Cap-28012 Upper Deck 1,6mm FLEX

After some good tests, we now have a good basic setup.

We got the new linear Steering system, new thinner top plate and the new flex chassis with a few layers of fiberglass woven in between carbon fiber, all original Capricorn parts.

We choose to test each separately first and run minimum 2 batteries before making any additional changes to see the reaction on our race setup at our local track in Brøndby Racing club. First the parts installed on the standard chassis, then on the flex chassis.

The steering is a clear improvement on our small technical track at Brøndby. It gives not just more control, but it gives more uniform control over the steering angle, and not the more aggressive feel with standard steering. This means that we can dial in more mechanical steering in the car and it will not be very aggressive in the max steering angle.

Disadvantage: since it is a slide steering is vulnerable to tire lint that gets squeezed and caught in the aluminum bar. But not something that cannot be corrected with a cotton swab and a little brake cleaner in seconds.

Top deck is 1.6 mm thick and standard 2mm, while the width of all arms to the tightening done a little less. This was again an improvement to our setup at Brøndby track, gave general more grip without being lazy and still very willing to change direction.

Flex Chassis are cut out a little more, but most important is that some of the layers of the chassis has been changed to glass fiber instead of the carbon fiber. First impression was that it gave more general grip, but the feeling of the car was more lazy, slow directional change. The times were also slower, best for us were with the standard chassis, new top deck and new Linear steering system. We removed about 2/10 per lap, but most important was that the car was MUCH more similar to run, more smooth and easy to drive.

We will post the set-up later today and if any would like to purchase the new parts, then PM me we got them on stock.

All the Best Niko and Michael Johnsen

Last edited by RC-Netshop.dk; 02-22-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Small writing mistake
Old 04-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Tech Addict

A good result for the UK team last weekend with Richard Clarke on Pole at the BRCA National Clubmans event in the 17.5 class !
Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looking at this car vs. a Schumacher mi5. Just wondering how good this car really is? Is it competitive out of the box? I have both a co8 and a co2 and naturally the electric car was at the top of the list but I race off road as well and the new Schumacher cat k1 is incredible. The mi5 looks really nice as well. Not concerned about support, just performance. Any feedback would be great.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jackcarter3
Looking at this car vs. a Schumacher mi5. Just wondering how good this car really is? Is it competitive out of the box? I have both a co8 and a co2 and naturally the electric car was at the top of the list but I race off road as well and the new Schumacher cat k1 is incredible. The mi5 looks really nice as well. Not concerned about support, just performance. Any feedback would be great.
Hi Jackcarter, the TE01 is great out the box, very stable and responsive to changes.
Building the car to kit settings will allow a very stable base setup to develop from. I have changed minimal settings ( roll center, springs , pistons ).

Also, the car is extremely tuff, I have had 2 large impacts since running the car and experienced no breakages!
Go with it, the car is 1st class and it looks so nice!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by part-time racer
Hi Jackcarter, the TE01 is great out the box, very stable and responsive to changes.
Building the car to kit settings will allow a very stable base setup to develop from. I have changed minimal settings ( roll center, springs , pistons ).

Also, the car is extremely tuff, I have had 2 large impacts since running the car and experienced no breakages!
Go with it, the car is 1st class and it looks so nice!

Thanks. It's the way I'm leaning!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks. It's the way I'm leaning!
Hey Jack, You will be impressed by the car, the UK team are finding the car is very responsive to setup changes and works well on both carpet and asphalt in stock classes.

We're in the middle of testing the car with modified in but the initial feedback has been very good indeed !
Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Hi,

The car is really great out of the box and tuff. My drivers are running it on our home track which is a tight, technical, high grip track with wooden curbs. And believe me or not, nothing broke yet! We have had a turnbuckle flip of and that's it.

Handling of the car is also really good. Both in super stock and modified. Two things we upgraded in super stock is the install the linear steering set and flex top deck. In modified we run the standard steering, new 2.25mm chassis and top deck flex.

Right now we are preparing for the out door season and better wheather. But all in all a really good car and highly competitive. The car can drive as fast as any of the other brands running on our track.

Br,

Niko
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

I'm sold guys. Thanks.

Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk
Hi,

The car is really great out of the box and tuff. My drivers are running it on our home track which is a tight, technical, high grip track with wooden curbs. And believe me or not, nothing broke yet! We have had a turnbuckle flip of and that's it.

Handling of the car is also really good. Both in super stock and modified. Two things we upgraded in super stock is the install the linear steering set and flex top deck. In modified we run the standard steering, new 2.25mm chassis and top deck flex.

Right now we are preparing for the out door season and better wheather. But all in all a really good car and highly competitive. The car can drive as fast as any of the other brands running on our track.

Br,

Niko

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.