Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default nats

Iwas at the nats until i decided it was a waste of a week, I'll let you know about them...

They were a JOKE...i don't know how george got the event but what a mistake...how do u hold a onroad national and not carry a single t/c parts...what gives
Old 03-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

And I can say I'll hopefully be in Vegas in September so when the time comes we'll start a thread for that race and I'll give u guys the play by play. hahah we were left a little in the dark on results... but definitely well informed on everything that went wrong. haha
Old 03-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by racer-oZ
nihil, if you are going to start spreading BS around like this I'd like you to back it up. How about the name of the guy who told you someone changed the label (since it's what you heard and not what you saw for yourself), and the guy's name who actually changed the label and ran the illegal motor. If you can't produce either then I'll know it's BS. As for tech at this race, the Portland crew was promised all of ROAR's tech equipment and was delivered nothing. The guys running the race did their best to construct tech equipment to enforce ROAR rules and make the event run smoothly. All 3 major mags reported positive coverage of the way the race was run beginning to end so for you to say this was the worst run event you've ever been to it's quite frankly BS.

racer-oZ
It was EddieO who brought it up to me. The person who supposedly did this claimed to Eddie that it was an accident/joke and that he didn't actually run the motors, but Eddie mentioned that the motor was warm in his hands and it was right after said driver's race. I was sitting inside the brOOd trailer talking with Sushi Boy when Eddie told the story...

I knew about the missing jigs and this was clearly ROAR's fault. But at the same time, I think there was a mistake by ROAR in the first place having a nitro club hosting an Electric race. I also have problems with the host club charging for pit spaces AND electricity. All in all there were a lot of things done very wrong at that race.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by darrochsbigfan
And I can say I'll hopefully be in Vegas in September so when the time comes we'll start a thread for that race and I'll give u guys the play by play. hahah we were left a little in the dark on results... but definitely well informed on everything that went wrong. haha
If any of you caught the coverage of the Novak Race here on RC TECH, Scotty and Trackside Hobbies showed some insight as to how good the coverage of the Vegas race will be.

Remember What happens in Vegas..... Will be Broadcast WORLDWIDE!

Boomer
Old 03-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

uh oh lol
Old 03-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Tech was an issue early in the event because the promissed tech equip never showed up from ROAR. I did not say the event was perfect.

Jeff

ROAR does not provide tech equipment....whether that is right or wrong is a separate issue. But the fact that currently the host is required to have tech equipment.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by darrochsbigfan
I was in Vegas last year and decided to check out all the hobby shops supporting rc in the Yellow Pages. No indoor tracks except for Mini Z. It was extremely disappointing as far as electric car parts availability. The outdoor on-road track (3 spades?) there was way too big for electric cars...nitro was the only name of the game there.

Better bring everything you may need to support your own effort.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
I am just guessing, and hoping, it's against a driver using an upapproved modified motor. In this case brushless.

Problem is, results have to be protested within 15 minutes of the posting of the race or round rssults in question. I don't think one can protest results from a previous day's racing.

I think the only thing a protest can accomplish at this point is scaring a driver using an unapproved motor into using an approved one for the mains for fear of being protested properly, then disqualified.
The protest was filed, heard and rules on my committee. The written protest was to despute missed laps added to a racers time. The reasoning was that the racer is responsible to ensure proper working condition of the transponders.

The rules do not include this language. Therefore the protest was denied.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RodneyB
...we need some RC bloggers to attend these major races.

A suggestion for future race directors is to find a volunteer with an internet connection to provide the general RC racing community with timely updates on the net. It should be that person's only job and that person would be fed the "unofficial" results from the race director at regular intervals. It would be nice and the race director who set it up would be a hero.

You can see the type of coverage that you have suggested........
Start on page 7
Novak Coverage

Between Doug at RC Scooring Pro and Shane, The coverage Rocked!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
I was in Vegas last year and decided to check out all the hobby shops supporting rc in the Yellow Pages. No indoor tracks except for Mini Z. It was extremely disappointing as far as electric car parts availability. The outdoor on-road track (3 spades?) there was way too big for electric cars...nitro was the only name of the game there.

Better bring everything you may need to support your own effort.
Scotty is working on having a Major on site Hobby Shop for the ICC
Old 03-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Greg Amendola
10min break? Sounds like very poor planning. There are plenty of opportunities to mix up the mains such that nobody should be anywhere near a back to back situation.

I feel real bad for everyone who is going to miss their main due to travel arrangements at this point. Nothing could be worse than spending $500-$1000 on a race and then not getting to run your main...

I am very gald I didn't attend this race this year. I just hope that this poor example of a National brings ROAR into focus on what it is they are trying to accompish. So far, I'd say they have alot of work to do from all the mistakes being made at the Nats this year.

Issues so far:
1) Lack of professionalism by staff
2) Obvious oversights - minimum lap, inventory, chairs
3) Track, jugs as corner weights? c'mon that's ghetto.
4) JLAP - the first time a lap was missed in qualifying, they should have stopped to check the system. I suspect that this same issue was present in practice... Why wasn't it addressed then?
5) Main Setup
6) Online results/ providing results
7) Pitting
8) Power

Seems like everything that could go wrong did. I've been to four of the past Nats, and as I recall all the tracks avoided the above issues altogether.

Point being, if you can't host a National and give it the effort it deserves, don't apply for one.
Tremendous post. Well said.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Raul Garcia
All I have to say is never again..... Never again would I participate with ROAR event as long as DAVID LEE is behind the decision, Never again would I run at Hobby Chamber, and Never again would I run where Qual points are being used. THe ball was droppped so many times in the event that it became tiresome for us racers to listen to the excuse time and time again. WHat a failure this event was. ROAR what were you thinking???? Get rid of David Lee!!. He has forgotten this, pay attention to the racers that pay for racing, not only to the racers that get paid to race. It is very unfortunate for ROAR to have someone like this in his place with such a power trip? He wanted to DQ someone for tossing a water bottle???? What the f#%$?? All in all other than these problems, I enjoyed myself. Team Corally was awesome as a whole, Losi was really cool(Gil, Matt, and Billy), X ray was always in fashion, and lastley TRF was kick ass!!! But my hats off to Chris Toso for a killer event, just goes to show what the car can do. By the way, I like the beveled chassis Chris...... I will see you all soon.
Raul, you got screwed. Sorry about that buddy.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

What is the finish order in mod tc?
Old 03-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Thumbs down

quote of the day " What's your name"????? What a ASS!!!!!!!

Thanks Chris, you know the truth.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Raul, you definatly got the shaft. After you told me what happened and I saw how upset you were I felt bad for you. I said it before and I'll say it again, HC is a joke and has been since day one. This was officialy the last time I will ever set foot in ther again. RC Madness is truley "The Place To Race" in CT. I hope to see you at some races after your finished with your break from racing.

Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.