Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Does anyone have a link or know the equasion to convert shock oil wt to CST?
Example associated 40wt is = ???CST X-ray oil
I don't know the exact equation, but you can take a look at all the __wt/___ cst numbers on this web page --> http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/liquids/
Old 10-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I to would be intersted in a conversion chart or equation, as not all bottles have both on.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Here you go....
Attached Thumbnails Xray T4 '13-oil.jpg  
Old 10-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Was asked on the T3'12 thread about driving it so....

Got to run it this evening for the first time.

We ran a layout that was pretty unforgiving so some corners were taken with care. My fastest lap of the evening was 0.47s behind the 5 times UK Mod champion, Chris Grainger.

When I first put the car down it felt superb, very consistent and easy to drive.
It seems to have more steering than the '12 and the steering is very smooth, but the extra steering is going to take some time to get used to to be able to drive it as fast as I want.
I ran the Mazda Speed 6 in quali, this has been my standard carpet body for a while as it felt consistent, the LTC-R was a handful.
I tried the LTC-R in the final with the T4 and managed to go 0.2s quicker than in quali with the Speed 6.
Couple of the others actually added more rear toe and thicker front oil to make it just that little bit easier. I might try the rear toe next week.

It was kit carpet setup except for 2deg rear camber and 1000cSt in the rear diff.
The back didn't step out all evening despite the extra steering!
I left the setup the same all evening (except that bodyshell) as I wanted to see what the handling did as grip came up.

The finals are video'd on a webcam, I'll post a link when the final gets posted so you can see.

Do I like it? yes
Absolute setup will require some slight tinkering, but I know it can be competitive with little effort.

Skiddins
Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default got an extra

got an extra
just in case anyone is interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post11372138
Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Skiddins

We ran a layout that was pretty unforgiving so some corners were taken with care. My fastest lap of the evening was 0.47s behind the 5 times UK Mod champion, Chris Grainger.

When I first put the car down it felt superb, very consistent and easy to drive.
It seems to have more steering than the '12 and the steering is very smooth, but the extra steering is going to take some time to get used to to be able to drive it as fast as I want.
I ran the Mazda Speed 6 in quali, this has been my standard carpet body for a while as it felt consistent, the LTC-R was a handful.
I tried the LTC-R in the final with the T4 and managed to go 0.2s quicker than in quali with the Speed 6.
Couple of the others actually added more rear toe and thicker front oil to make it just that little bit easier. I might try the rear toe next week.

It was kit carpet setup except for 2deg rear camber and 1000cSt in the rear diff.
I left the setup the same all evening (except that bodyshell) as I wanted to see what the handling did as grip came up.

The finals are video'd on a webcam, I'll post a link when the final gets posted so you can see.

Do I like it? yes
Absolute setup will require some slight tinkering, but I know it can be competitive with little effort.

Skiddins
Sounds like everyone with their new T4 chassis say its a hugh improvement over their T3s. I'm very optimistic about my upcoming events with my T4 once its delivered and built. So excited!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default T4 build up

Just finished the build up. I can't wait to hit the track tomorrow.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

What do people use to hold their batteries down? All i have is normal electrical tape and i think its a bit too strechy
Old 10-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Saw one in person yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. Typical x ray quality and the shocks do look nice.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt
What do people use to hold their batteries down? All i have is normal electrical tape and i think its a bit too strechy
strapping tape
Old 10-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt
Hudy battery tape, I never even consider using anything else.

You only need to use one piece per meeting, just keep re-strapping the batteries after every run.

I bought a roll over a year ago (do alot of racing) and still on the first roll!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

So who has extensively tried the stock asphalt setup? Okay starting point?
Old 10-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hudy battery tape is the only tape to use.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
So who has extensively tried the stock asphalt setup? Okay starting point?
Yup, works really well.
Major changes I made was 3000cst in the rear diff, 2.5 rear spring and outside hole on the front camber link.
Other than that, kit setup and the car felt awesome.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skiddins

Do I like it? yes

Skiddins
As promised
Car #1 is Chris Grainger with an Mi4 CXL?
Car's 2, 3 and 5 are T4's
Not sure on the others.
Mine's the blue with a yellow and orange stripe (the one that never wins )

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.