Xray T4 '13

Old 10-11-2012, 02:13 AM
  #586  
Tech Adept
 
Nico''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
I see the border rc has them in stock ...im just a bit weary of that shop as some people i know have been screwed by them ...anybody order one from there?
I've ordered several times at this shop, everything was always perfect.
Nico' is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:47 AM
  #587  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,621
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
good shop. just around the corner from our track (MACH) and my home ;-) if you send Michel an email he will take care of you (also has the TF6 parts...)


Well thats why im weary ive sent michel 2 emails and still no response its been 3 days now so i know im just getting ignored.
theatriks is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 07:33 AM
  #588  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,898
Default

Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Well thats why im weary ive sent michel 2 emails and still no response its been 3 days now so i know im just getting ignored.
Where are you from? My LHS sells them for 420euro's but I'm not sure if there are any left overs. They have a webshop, but it's in Dutch unfortunately.
morgoth is online now  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:47 PM
  #589  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,898
Default

I've got my car. Unfortunately it's 11:45pm over here, so I'll start building tomorrow.
morgoth is online now  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM
  #590  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 743
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Sick day tomorrow?
Sean B. is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:25 PM
  #591  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,898
Default

Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
Sick day tomorrow?
I was about to go to bed and then I released: I really should start building this car I've build the spool, diff, layshaft, servo saver and shocks. The build quality is awesome so far! The shocks are really, really small! But I heard they perform very well :-)
morgoth is online now  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:53 PM
  #592  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 29
Default

Can someone confirm if the basic carpet setup is correct were it tells you to run your front diff in the up position and the rear diff in the down position.
savo is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 AM
  #593  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 743
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

From what I understand, kits bound for the US have not been shipped from Slovakia yet
Sean B. is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 05:08 AM
  #594  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 290
Default

Built one last night...........motor mount better than I thought (still have some reservations) servo post better than I thought, bumper worse than I thought, won't bother with that.

Overall I can see some big improvements over the T3 12 what it like on the track , time will tell.

Bb
bucketboy is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 AM
  #595  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,911
Default

Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
Built one last night...........motor mount better than I thought (still have some reservations) servo post better than I thought, bumper worse than I thought, won't bother with that.

Overall I can see some big improvements over the T3 12 what it like on the track , time will tell.

Bb
I'm assuming the bumper reservation is over the fact it won't push against the bulkhead in a crash like the previous version did?
Skiddins is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 06:45 AM
  #596  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 421
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
I'm assuming the bumper reservation is over the fact it won't push against the bulkhead in a crash like the previous version did?
its very very low and very very soft. Not sure the extra risk is worth any potential advantage.

I actually prefer the hard/heavier bumper on the front of my car as it calms the front end down no end so I will be sticking to that anyway.
Mb3195 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 AM
  #597  
Tech Master
iTrader: (56)
 
eds24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,130
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
From what I understand, kits bound for the US have not been shipped from Slovakia yet
*covers ears and starts rocking back and forth in the corner*

Don't tell me that!

I hope it isn't so! That would mean 2+ weeks from the time its shipped from over the pond + processing at stormer + shipping time from stormer to my house.
eds24 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:51 AM
  #598  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eds24 View Post
*covers ears and starts rocking back and forth in the corner*

Don't tell me that!

I hope it isn't so! That would mean 2+ weeks from the time its shipped from over the pond + processing at stormer + shipping time from stormer to my house.
yeah, I'm going to attempt to forget that I ordered one, so when it finally arrives, it will be an awesome surprise.

At least I know that when nexusracing gets them in, it will be at my door a few days later. I get stuff faster from them than orders from a hobby shop that's less than 30 minutes drive from my place.
locked is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 AM
  #599  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,911
Default

Originally Posted by Mb3195 View Post
its very very low and very very soft. Not sure the extra risk is worth any potential advantage.

I actually prefer the hard/heavier bumper on the front of my car as it calms the front end down no end so I will be sticking to that anyway.
How much less does it weigh from the standard T3 version? (not the optional heavy item)
Skiddins is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:17 AM
  #600  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
From what I understand, kits bound for the US have not been shipped from Slovakia yet
that's not true, they've been shipped
*gk* is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.