Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 01:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Does anyone know where i can find Andrew Hardmans outdoor setup from the nationals?
Old 06-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Oh well. I get bored at work a lot OK
Old 06-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Oh wow I'm in the top 10.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the replies, gives me an insight as to what could break.

It will be interesting findings getting a good setup on foam after using a 415 for about four seasons!

I think it will be a question of asking local T3 guys what their setup is and going from there...

Does any gear oil come with the kit?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc3team
Thanks for the replies, gives me an insight as to what could break.

It will be interesting findings getting a good setup on foam after using a 415 for about four seasons!

I think it will be a question of asking local T3 guys what their setup is and going from there...

Does any gear oil come with the kit?
Yes, 700cSt, you might want something thicker though, on rubber we are usually on 2000cSt or above
Old 06-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

i was told that my car is "stopping" in the corners,whats the best way to deal with this?,would i be right in just standing up the shocks more and reducing rear droop,my son runs blinky with a tc6 and i cured it quite a bit by going stiffer on the springs and standing up the shocks,but the tc6 is a much stiffer car,just want to hear your approach to it,and should the front feel softer than the rear?thanks in advance
Old 06-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmcallister
Does anyone know where i can find Andrew Hardmans outdoor setup from the nationals?
Setups are only good if you race the car. Sitting on the shelf you dont need setup.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
i was told that my car is "stopping" in the corners,whats the best way to deal with this?,would i be right in just standing up the shocks more and reducing rear droop,my son runs blinky with a tc6 and i cured it quite a bit by going stiffer on the springs and standing up the shocks,but the tc6 is a much stiffer car,just want to hear your approach to it,and should the front feel softer than the rear?thanks in advance
Have a setup sheet? It would help quite a bit.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

If you are running the kit springs that could be the problem, I felt my car was doing the same, talked to a couple of the top UK XRay drivers and they suggested changing the progessive springs to linear, made a bring difference car felt a lot better, now running 2.7 front & rear.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info! I agree that hooking up with a local track is key. Looks like 17.5 blinky is the popular class with Solaris med tires. So much to learn with this class!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
If you are running the kit springs that could be the problem, I felt my car was doing the same, talked to a couple of the top UK XRay drivers and they suggested changing the progessive springs to linear, made a bring difference car felt a lot better, now running 2.7 front & rear.
thats the bit i dont get as im on 2.7 all round with 400cst oil same as the fast guys although my car weighed more(its now under 1350gms,was 1440)what way would you go if it was still stopping in the corners?
Old 06-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

i have another question,i have a spare set of 52mm standard driveshafts from the front when i changed to the ecs shafts,if i put the 52 mm in the rear and remove the alloy 50mm what can i expect to happen,i understand at the front that the 50mm make the car more aggressive but not sure what happens to the rear when made longer,im not good enough yet to feel the difference hence the question,cheers
Old 06-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

thats the bit i dont get as im on 2.7 all round with 400cst oil same as the fast guys although my car weighed more(its now under 1350gms,was 1440)what way would you go if it was still stopping in the corners?
A few fast guys at our track use the -0.75 front roll center suspension blocks, 2.7 f/2.5R linear springs, with 30wt to 35wt shock oil. Different feel and driving technique, but it's worked well. Would keep trying different small adjustments to meet driver preference and track requirements.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

...if i put the 52 mm in the rear and remove the alloy 50mm what can i expect to happen
You can expect the gear diff to bind with the driveshafts.

Because the rear track is narrower on the T4 and the outputs from the gear diff are slightly wider than on their older cars the driveshafts had to be reduced to the 50mm variant.

You can get them to fit but you'd have to widen the rear track by a few mm which would probably ruin the handling.

Skiddins
Old 06-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i have another question,i have a spare set of 52mm standard driveshafts from the front when i changed to the ecs shafts,if i put the 52 mm in the rear and remove the alloy 50mm what can i expect to happen,i understand at the front that the 50mm make the car more aggressive but not sure what happens to the rear when made longer,im not good enough yet to feel the difference hence the question,cheers
I see it a little different... I think you either or both have to much drag brake and/or to much dual rate in your radio. Here is what I think is going on, you going into the corner and letting the trigger set in neutral position, which is engaging the drag brake. Or you could reduce the neutral % on the ESC or you could hold the trigger say 10% on throttle, so the car free wheels through the corner...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.