Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Old 03-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by John_S
Do you have ecs driveshafts installed in your car? I find these drastically increase the corner speed of the car. Also try the 1 hole rear hubs, these tend to suit large open tracks very well.
Great thank you!

Ecs for front will arrive next week. I'll place an order for the hubs as well.
I am using the graphite arms, never really tried the std ones. Is the std worth a try or should I just stick to the graphite?
Lowered inner camber links today, 0mm shim front and 1mm back now, much more grip it feels like. Should i lower roll center even more to try? Also went 2 degree toe in back with great reult in the full throttle corners mainly. Harder roll bar back also.
Missing off thottle corner entry mostly now. And tons of driving practice ofc... :-)

On a side note. This car is strong. Had a full sped crash into a standing still car. Bent a body clip. That's all.. 13, 5 boosted.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Thanks guys. I don't have either car. Was just curious since the narrow bulkhead question came up, and I didn't remember reading anything about that particular detail, other than the height, before.

-Mike
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ria=0&catName=
Scroll down to see parts cross reference table
Old 03-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This may be a weird question. I just got the X-ray t4 battery strap the holes on the battery stops dont go all the way thur are they suppost to ??
Old 03-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

alright guys I've had the car for about 2 and a half to 3 months, I keep fighting the same issue, Ive been running the out of the box carpet setup with a few changes. Up travel at 2mm above ride height, rear shocks layed all the way down, rear sway bar removed. The issue is the car is very loose off power at corner entry and a controllable loose off the corner on power/full power. Our track is relatively small 54'x24' and is very technical most months as the layout changes. Mera'din posted a video awhile back looking for help on this issue for me as well. Any ideas of things I can try or setups to follow, its a 17.5 blinky class and we run Sweep 32s(?) or Jaco Blues. Car starts out the first few laps awesome then starts its loose issues. Any input is appreciated!!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brady_21x
alright guys I've had the car for about 2 and a half to 3 months, I keep fighting the same issue, Ive been running the out of the box carpet setup with a few changes. Up travel at 2mm above ride height, rear shocks layed all the way down, rear sway bar removed. The issue is the car is very loose off power at corner entry and a controllable loose off the corner on power/full power. Our track is relatively small 54'x24' and is very technical most months as the layout changes. Mera'din posted a video awhile back looking for help on this issue for me as well. Any ideas of things I can try or setups to follow, its a 17.5 blinky class and we run Sweep 32s(?) or Jaco Blues. Car starts out the first few laps awesome then starts its loose issues. Any input is appreciated!!!!
Put the sway bar back on and put your shocks back up a hole. Laying them down can cause it to roll too far and that would be the loss of traction you are experiencing. The sway bar just seems to give the rear more traction as well as keep the car more consistent lap after lap.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Is it possible I could have warped diff housings?

I've been battling a leaky rear gear diff since I built this car. I've rebuilt it 3 times. The last time with new paper gasket and no large O-ring. Went on vacation for two weeks after rebuilding it, and then came back to find some oil on my belt and dripping down. I've just about had it. Made sure not to overfill. Not to overtighten or undertighten the 4 screws....urgh...
Old 03-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan

I've been battling a leaky rear gear diff since I built this car. I've rebuilt it 3 times. The last time with new paper gasket and no large O-ring. Went on vacation for two weeks after rebuilding it, and then came back to find some oil on my belt and dripping down. I've just about had it. Made sure not to overfill. Not to overtighten or undertighten the 4 screws....urgh...
I had the same experience with mine. I solved the problem initially by using aw grease on the large o ring.
I have since invested in a digital scale to weigh as I fill te diff and that has solved my leaky diff issues. I found when using the scales I was putting too much oil in without using them.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John_S
Do you have ecs driveshafts installed in your car? I find these drastically increase the corner speed of the car. Also try the 1 hole rear hubs, these tend to suit large open tracks very well.
What are esc driveshafts and how exactly does it help increase high speed cornering?
Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyba888
What are esc driveshafts and how exactly does it help increase high speed cornering?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ive-Shaft-52mm

Basically they are double jointed front universals. They smooth out the power delivery, have less "chatter" when the wheels are at full lock, and +1, definitely give you more steering in my experience.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan

You must be overfilling it. I've only built a few gear diffs in my time -

Spec R Yokomo - no leaks
TC6 - no leaks (but nowhere near as smooth as an Xray diff)
T3 - no leaks, silky smooth
T4 - ditto, as above
Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Losiho

Basically they are double jointed front universals. They smooth out the power delivery, have less "chatter" when the wheels are at full lock, and +1, definitely give you more steering in my experience.
Thanks for the info....so for that price it only comes in one piece or pair? Should fit stock T4 C hubs and only fronts are needed?
Old 03-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losiho

Originally Posted by cyba888
Thanks for the info....so for that price it only comes in one piece or pair? Should fit stock T4 C hubs and only fronts are needed?
I highly recommend Reflex's DCJs. I have a pair of the shorty 51mm ones and they are killer. The price is 1/2 of what Xray's cost also and they come with bearings too.

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-XRAY...cs_p_1673.html

They also offer the 52mm ones
Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Xray ECS' all the way. They don't require special bearings. Just make sure to get the updated ones with larger pins.
Yes, use stock c hubs, and you only need in front.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Since running a front diff my ECS's are running a treat.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Xray ECS' all the way. They don't require special bearings. Just make sure to get the updated ones with larger pins.
Yes, use stock c hubs, and you only need in front.
Here is their 52mms that are identical dimensionally wise and do not require "special" bearings. I have the XRay ECS axles on my T3'12 and the RSDs on my T4 and personally like the RSDs design better, no setscrews to back out during a race but are very easy to disassemble and clean. The best part is they are $42.99 a pair instead of $49.99 each.

I chose the narrow version because I like to play with track width to improve steering with track conditions

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-XRAY...cs_p_1674.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.