Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, just got word that after 2 weeks of getting and running my T4 my local track is no longer going to run touring car. I am going to be putting my car up for sale on Ebay this week. Thanks for all the help that you guys provided.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
Well, just got word that after 2 weeks of getting and running my T4 my local track is no longer going to run touring car. I am going to be putting my car up for sale on Ebay this week. Thanks for all the help that you guys provided.
Pretty sure I would look for a new track. That's tough though.
Let me guess, they run VTgA?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Pretty sure I would look for a new track. That's tough though.
Let me guess, they run VTgA?
All the other tracks around me (4 of them) within an 1 1/2 hours run off road. This track ran onroad but is now converting to offroad on carpet. It seems that there is way more interest in offroad and he claims its not worth it for him to run onroad with the smaller turnouts.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

That stinks. That happened around here years ago, then another track opened and lasted 4 years. Now to play on carpet it is at least a hour drive for me.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Setup question here: At this moment I am practising hard at carpet and goes pretty well, but my car seems to be driving TOO easy. It is a tight track with some slow and fast corners. What Can I do to increase the grip?

At this moment I have:
-45wt shock oil 3x1.1mm holes
-cpx tyres, 2.6 spring front, 2.8 spring rear
- all shocks inclined 2nd hole from inside
- 6mm downstops front, 4.8mm downstops rear
- spool front, gear diff 700 back
- glued the front tyres outside
- 1.4mm front and 1.2mm rear sway bars

I just need that little bit more steering/grip/less easier to drive car, to make my car faster, but I can't seem to make it faster at this moment.

I was thinking about 1.2mm holes and stay with 45wt oil or maybe 40wt oil, and do +0.75mm overall at the back suspension to get more directive feel.
Also with 2.6 springs at the back the car is a bit smoother in the corners, with the harders ones it feels like I lose to much speed through the corner.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daang
Setup question here: At this moment I am practising hard at carpet and goes pretty well, but my car seems to be driving TOO easy. It is a tight track with some slow and fast corners. What Can I do to increase the grip?

At this moment I have:
-45wt shock oil 3x1.1mm holes
-cpx tyres, 2.6 spring front, 2.8 spring rear
- all shocks inclined 2nd hole from inside
- 6mm downstops front, 4.8mm downstops rear
- spool front, gear diff 700 back
- glued the front tyres outside
- 1.4mm front and 1.2mm rear sway bars

I just need that little bit more steering/grip/less easier to drive car, to make my car faster, but I can't seem to make it faster at this moment.

I was thinking about 1.2mm holes and stay with 45wt oil or maybe 40wt oil, and do +0.75mm overall at the back suspension to get more directive feel.
Also with 2.6 springs at the back the car is a bit smoother in the corners, with the harders ones it feels like I lose to much speed through the corner.
Thinner shock oil, stand rear shocks up, 1.3mm rear bar.
Perhaps you need to try same springs front and rear.
How have you fitted the springs from the old car?

No-one runs 700cSt in the diff over here (carpet), at least 1000cSt, but mostly 2000cSt.

Skiddins
Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone managed to get any T-Shox springs onto some measuring equipment to see what their rates are?

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Adam B
That stinks. That happened around here years ago, then another track opened and lasted 4 years. Now to play on carpet it is at least a hour drive for me.
At least we're still around. We're glad you make the trip down.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's a few guys from Michigan who come up to Lou's speedway on Saturdays. Probably not any closer for you and would involve an international border crossing, but it's really nice high traction track with some great racing.

This is where it's located

The closest track to you would probably be Action Hobbies in Kingsville, Ontario. It's not very large, but there are some great racers who go there.

both Lou's and Action have sections on londonrc.com
Old 01-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

I heard Lou's is great, Andrew told me about that one, and I know a few guys from around here that go. Problem is I have an unpaid log book ticket from maybe 10 years ago from the weigh station in Putman. So Canada may be waiting for me, lol. I used it as my excuse to never have to go back there with a truck, now I have to make it good.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MeBeMikey
I want gold plated suspension arms.
Sorry I do not have this...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by howardshum
Sorry I do not have this...
What do you have? Maybe a website or something showing what you offer?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

What do you have? Maybe a website or something showing what you offer?
Hi

Message had been sent to you, kindly please check.

Thank you

Howard
Old 01-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

After months of trying to get this car to drive how I want it to, I've almost got to the stage of retiring my T4. The problem I'm having is a very unresponsive steering mid corner and general lack of steering. Every other xray I've owned has very responsive steering through the whole corner, initial and mid. This T4 however is completely different.

I've tried, every spring combo, 2.7fr2.7rr.... 2.5fr-2.5rr.... 2.7fr-2.3-2.6rr.... 2.5-2.8fr-2.5-2.8rr, even harder rear springs than front lol. Bump steer shims upto 4mm, caster 6 deg, graphite arms, harder c hubs, different shock oil, gear diff oil upto 2000 and car still has similar basic feeling of numb mid corner.

Anyone else suffer this?

I've done well, getting the car in A final at EWS in the UK every time I get a chance to race there this season which is usually an open indoor track, but at my own club where its a lot more technical I struggle with setting it to feel nimble and have steering mid corner on hairpins. It's like it's a limosine. Tried even + 0.75 rear blocks and LTC-R shell which just seems to turn in and feel even worse mid corner. The only good improvements I seem to have is with the Subaru Type C body and front gear diff with 1 million oil which is still not where I want the car to be. Any further ideas would be a great help! Thanks.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxg123456
After months of trying to get this car to drive how I want it to, I've almost got to the stage of retiring my T4. The problem I'm having is a very unresponsive steering mid corner and general lack of steering. Every other xray I've owned has very responsive steering through the whole corner, initial and mid. This T4 however is completely different.

I've tried, every spring combo, 2.7fr2.7rr.... 2.5fr-2.5rr.... 2.7fr-2.3-2.6rr.... 2.5-2.8fr-2.5-2.8rr, even harder rear springs than front lol. Bump steer shims upto 4mm, caster 6 deg, graphite arms, harder c hubs, different shock oil, gear diff oil upto 2000 and car still has similar basic feeling of numb mid corner.

Anyone else suffer this?

I've done well, getting the car in A final at EWS in the UK every time I get a chance to race there this season which is usually an open indoor track, but at my own club where its a lot more technical I struggle with setting it to feel nimble and have steering mid corner on hairpins. It's like it's a limosine. Tried even + 0.75 rear blocks and LTC-R shell which just seems to turn in and feel even worse mid corner. The only good improvements I seem to have is with the Subaru Type C body and front gear diff with 1 million oil which is still not where I want the car to be. Any further ideas would be a great help! Thanks.
shorten the wheelbase?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.