Xray T4 '13

Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 PM
  #2221  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
I've turned 500+ laps ran 4 qualifiers today and have 1 and a main tomorrow . My 11yr son has probably turned 1000 laps with his usgt T4 and he did break one inner hinge pin mount.
Must be me then I'm just a hack. Same spur gear is still on my sons 2012 that I handed down to him. That same gear was on my 007 008 009 and 2011 still going strong.
Davin is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 PM
  #2222  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
He is here racing he qualified 2spots ahead of me . Great driver he don't need it
Davin is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
  #2223  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

I'm sorry to come across like this. But this is absolutely the most frustrating thing I have ever been through in my 25+ years of RC. Almost as bad as the mechanical speed control on my Tamiya Hornet always burning up LOL
Davin is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
  #2224  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,834
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Davin View Post
Must be me then I'm just a hack. Same spur gear is still on my sons 2012 that I handed down to him. That same gear was on my 007 008 009 and 2011 still going strong.
Man u can't be any worse than some here .lol drew said me and Matt r the official team stress testers for the T4... lol we was out there for 10hrs solid yesterday banging boards . And T4 won against the board we broke several of those lmao
jlfx car audio is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
  #2225  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,834
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

U run with snowy and company if so I would think they could figure it out
jlfx car audio is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 PM
  #2226  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Man u can't be any worse than some here .lol drew said me and Matt r the official team stress testers for the T4... lol we was out there for 10hrs solid yesterday banging boards . And T4 won against the board we broke several of those lmao
It just makes no sense to me . And in all fairness the car has taken some very hard hits and been fine. Its the lightest taps that seem to take it out everytime
Davin is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 PM
  #2227  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
U run with snowy and company if so I would think they could figure it out
Shawn and Blake were up by us 2 weeks ago and the car did not fail. The one time I truly wanted it to.
Davin is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:35 PM
  #2228  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,834
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Thats the luck of it ... any time my gf says her car acts funny or makes a sound . I go to check it out and I can't make it happen to save my life ...
jlfx car audio is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 PM
  #2229  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,744
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

I did tear up my first spur gear at club racing last night. Hit a corner dot then heard the ticking. It was in my mod car, I'm running a 114 spur. I noticed that the gear is almost flush with the bottom of the chassis, sure enough 2 teeth chipped right off. Could it be that the gears are getting damaged through the bottom of the chassis, then 2 laps later their garbage?

I've got thousands of laps on my blinky car with a 96 spur...still looks like new. I'm just thinking out loud here...

It'd be nice to help solve the problem for the guys that are having so many DNF's.
pcar951 is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 PM
  #2230  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
I did tear up my first spur gear at club racing last night. Hit a corner dot then heard the ticking. It was in my mod car, I'm running a 114 spur. I noticed that the gear is almost flush with the bottom of the chassis, sure enough 2 teeth chipped right off. Could it be that the gears are getting damaged through the bottom of the chassis, then 2 laps later their garbage?

I've got thousands of laps on my blinky car with a 96 spur...still looks like new. I'm just thinking out loud here...

It'd be nice to help solve the problem for the guys that are having so many DNF's.
I was running 104. But after purchasing every one in North America I had to switch to the 106. I think I've went through all of those now as well.
Davin is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM
  #2231  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,744
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Wow, so much for that theory, 104-106 would be well above the chassis.
pcar951 is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 PM
  #2232  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
Wow, so much for that theory, 104-106 would be well above the chassis.
I do appreciate our input
Davin is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
  #2233  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,744
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

I know it's a pain in the a$$ but, have you thought about changing to 48 pitch? A lot of our mod guys here are switching over, seems like the TC6.1 eats up gears pretty good too.
pcar951 is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 PM
  #2234  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
I know it's a pain in the a$$ but, have you thought about changing to 48 pitch? A lot of our mod guys here are switching over, seems like the TC6.1 eats up gears pretty good too.
Im thinking 32 pitch hardened steel
Davin is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 PM
  #2235  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,744
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

^This is a bit of a plug but, ARC makes CNC spur gears that work well in Xrays. I've used them and they fit as well as OEM and they're tough, might be worth a try. I just checked and they're in stock at: www.shopviperrc.com , click on the ARC link and go to option parts.
pcar951 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.