Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Soon as more spring rates come out we will be good with new shocks

Last edited by jlfx car audio; 12-01-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Show me on the doll where the blue car touched you.
Wins thread. Can we now close this thread?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I have the 30 gram Xray wedge shaped weight in the center of my car and my battery does not get rubbed by the pinion. On the old car if you ran the weight the battery went in much farther than than with just nuts and the battery moved. With this car the weight acts as the "stop" and the battery fits in more snug and doesnt move around much.

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 12-01-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I have the 30 gram Xray wedge shaped weight in the center of my car and my battery does get rubbed by the pinion. On the old car if you ran the weight the battery went in much farther than than with just nuts and the battery moved. With this car the weight acts as the "stop" and the battery fits in more snug and doesnt move around much.
I've had the same experience.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Having built and raced every Xray chassis ever made. After 4 weeks of running the T4 I have lost all hope in this car. It has done nothing but strip spur gears / loop itself in corners for no reason and several other things 4 SPUR GEARS IN 1 DAY!!!???? This car has taken me from being one of the top 3 in the A every week for to not being able to finish a race. Whether it be do to a spur gear stripping or just pure disgust in the way the car is working. Sorry I just had to vent
Old 12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davin
Having built and raced every Xray chassis ever made. After 4 weeks of running the T4 I have lost all hope in this car. It has done nothing but strip spur gears / loop itself in corners for no reason and several other things 4 SPUR GEARS IN 1 DAY!!!???? This car has taken me from being one of the top 3 in the A every week for to not being able to finish a race. Whether it be do to a spur gear stripping or just pure disgust in the way the car is working. Sorry I just had to vent
I'll trade a 4yr supply of parts and extras with a top photon (will even throw in some extra spurs ) for ur T4 u despise.... lol
Hell I even have a box kit 2012 I'll trade
Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

I have a T4 as well as a couple other guys I know. No issues with handling or stripping gears. I also didn't hear any reports from the US Indoor Champs about anybody stripping a gear, much less four in one day. Too bad you aren't having good luck with it. So far the best car I've had and that is with a box stock set up. I haven't even started messing with settings yet.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Your experience is definitely different from mine, and some friends.
I'm coming back to TC after 5 years, and its been fantastic out of the box
Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
I have a T4 as well as a couple other guys I know. No issues with handling or stripping gears. I also didn't hear any reports from the US Indoor Champs about anybody stripping a gear, much less four in one day. Too bad you aren't having good luck with it. So far the best car I've had and that is with a box stock set up. I haven't even started messing with settings yet.
+1

There's at least a half dozen of us around here who are loving the car.

Motor mount a bit too loose or unevenly tightened, maybe? Bent rotor?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I had made a earlier post about stripping 3 gears in one day in 2 different t4, but the car is super easy to drive and handled great, i bought some motor guard upgrades from xray,i will give them a try at tomorrows club race, I'm hoping this will solve my stripped gear issue.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

I don't get it ? How does ur spur strip . I've thrown my car off the track entering the sweeper at full tilt against a block wall (3times) and have never stripped a spur ( but I'm sure I will tomorrow now I've said that...)
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I too had the issue with the spur gears. I tried it with thin washers on the motor screws, with thick washers and with no washers. Nothing seemed to work. Eventually, I ditched the washer idea and got a new can for the motor, as the holes in my old can were starting to strip out. With the new can I was able to tighten the screws tight enough to keep the motor from sliding forward and stripping gears.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Another racer i know of was going through stripping spurs in one day i think up to 4 spurs. He drove his car like this for 3 races. Looking over his motor finding some excess movement of the motor while comparing it to another car, they found out his motor mount was not tightened down! The instruction manual tells you to NOT tighten the motor plate till later, keep it loose, but he forgot to tighten it back down when the chassis was done. Since then he never stripped a spur again!

Hope this helps!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Still on my first spur gear since the build and no issues to report here. I switch back and forth between various 17.5 and 13.5 with a few crashes every race/practice but have yet to chew up any spurs. Sorry to hear about those who are having spur issues. I have spare spurs but luckily haven't had to use them.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Another racer i know of was going through stripping spurs in one day i think up to 4 spurs. He drove his car like this for 3 races. Looking over his motor finding some excess movement of the motor while comparing it to another car, they found out his motor mount was not tightened down! The instruction manual tells you to NOT tighten the motor plate till later, keep it loose, but he forgot to tighten it back down when the chassis was done. Since then he never stripped a spur again!

Hope this helps!
Easy enough to forget in the excitement of building a new car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.