Search
Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ophidian
First I would like to say customer service at HB/HPI was second to none I was really sad when it went to GP. Parts availability made me sell my 2 TCXX last week. I liked the car but when I ordered parts in January and they are still back ordered is just bad. I had 5 outdrives on back ordered and I was sent 2 last week and now my other 3 are back order till June. I'm a manager at hobby store and I order all RC cars kits and parts. Even before GP took over the parts were hard to find. I used all my resources to try to dig up c-hubs and a-arms for 3 months to no avail. So to try and put the blame on the hobby shop is wrong. I know parts availability will get better but thats months down the road.
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I was a team driver and couldn't get parts. The last Reedy I attended at Norcal the joke between fellow team drivers was how long we each were waiting on certain parts I applaud you for promoting your sponsor but HB failed many of us here in Sac bro. Doesn't sound like too much has changed either. See ya at the Reedy
Originally Posted by CristianTabush
We tried to get full parts support for the car at Reflex, however with the new move to Great Planes, we can no longer get parts for the car directly from Hot Bodies or our distributor. Unfortunately we are forced to dump all the inventory of the car and stop carrying parts for the car altogether.

On another note, if anyone needs a smoking deal on Hotbodies parts/Kits, you can PM me.
Originally Posted by olhipster1
+1
I couldn't get any parts in the US..period....
No hobby shop could or can get them..
HB direct customer service pretty much told me to look on ebay...that was before the GP deal...
funny thing they had TCX/XX arms listed as discontinued (gave the part number right from the manual).

I miss the purple car but fully rocking orange now...
guess what...not one issue getting parts and no international shipping fees. can I get a hell yeah!!!!

I personally think HotBodies should apologize to all who have support them only to be left out in the cold.
Here is what I know, when this car was released within 1 to 1.5 months spare and option parts were in stock at HB USA because I ordered them and I continued to order product successfully up until the GP deal. I know that the USA website wasn't updated with the new part numbers and pictures which made it hard for everyone to know what was in stock which is why I always advised those wondering to call the office. What happened from there I cannot attest to. What I say aint got nothing to do with support our brand, it's what I know from 1st hand knowledge. GP purchased the rights to be the exclusive North America distributor which means that all product has been going to them. It's tough for EVERYONE right now until Tower gets their site updated.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's not only tough for the customers, but tough for dealers. We don't have a GP account or 20K lying around to open up an account with them, so no more Hot Bodies for us, unfortunately.

HB did have the items in stock, but the web site was never updated. When we went to stock up on all the items, I had to do all the research on the Europe website, because not even the order sheets for dealers were updated. Since we had the desire to carry the car, we jumped at the opportunity and did not mind this much, however no one customer should have to go through all that to order your product if you want to run a successful operation.

Now with the shift to GP, our distributors, HRP and ERI can no longer get HB/HPI items which means we can't get them unless we open up a great planes account- which is not going to happen.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I was a team driver and couldn't get parts. The last Reedy I attended at Norcal the joke between fellow team drivers was how long we each were waiting on certain parts I applaud you for promoting your sponsor but HB failed many of us here in Sac bro. Doesn't sound like too much has changed either. See ya at the Reedy
That was with the TCX. I have not had a problem getting parts for the TCXX.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Here is what I know, when this car was released within 1 to 1.5 months spare and option parts were in stock at HB USA because I ordered them and I continued to order product successfully up until the GP deal. I know that the USA website wasn't updated with the new part numbers and pictures which made it hard for everyone to know what was in stock which is why I always advised those wondering to call the office. What happened from there I cannot attest to. What I say aint got nothing to do with support our brand, it's what I know from 1st hand knowledge. GP purchased the rights to be the exclusive North America distributor which means that all product has been going to them. It's tough for EVERYONE right now until Tower gets their site updated.

Fred, how do you think all of this will effect the release of the short shocks, towers and springs (and anything else that's new) ? Will they even be released ?
Thanks.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
Fred, how do you think all of this will effect the release of the short shocks, towers and springs (and anything else that's new) ? Will they even be released ?
Thanks.
I believe that when these parts are released product flow from GP will at the very least be near full strength. Naturally it will take more time initially for them to update their site(s) and inventory listings. I know that several weeks ago they received there initial kit orders and next up were the part orders.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks!

Fred, I want to thank you and Korey for listening to us go on about parts availability. We needed a place to vent and you listened and offered what help you could give and we appreciate it! My parts are now trickeling in and hopefuly parts availability will continue get better! Thanks for not bailing on us as there are not too many company reps that will go out of their way like you guys do. Just wanted to thank you guys for all your help! So now that we have parts again, Lets Get Racing!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

X2
Originally Posted by HD Racer
Fred, I want to thank you and Korey for listening to us go on about parts availability. We needed a place to vent and you listened and offered what help you could give and we appreciate it! My parts are now trickeling in and hopefuly parts availability will continue get better! Thanks for not bailing on us as there are not too many company reps that will go out of their way like you guys do. Just wanted to thank you guys for all your help! So now that we have parts again, Lets Get Racing!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

What is the transmission drive ratio on the TCXX so I can figure out my gearing ratio?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mxgregg
What is the transmission drive ratio on the TCXX so I can figure out my gearing ratio?
I believe it is Spur X Pinion X 1.95 = Final Drive
Old 03-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

ummm

(Spur / pinion) x 1.95 = FDR
Old 03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I got that. I knew the spur pinion part just needed the transmission equation.

Originally Posted by bukil
ummm

(Spur / pinion) x 1.95 = FDR
Old 03-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Fred is a killer guy. He's a fellow BN RACING homie so I gotta stop and tip my hat to him as well. As far as Korey goes.......that guy has helped me big time back in the day. In fact....I think he might be in Cali tonight at the off road track

Now the million dollar question.....How do you apply putty in a gear diff? Can you put too much in or not enough???
Old 03-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Fred is a killer guy. He's a fellow BN RACING homie so I gotta stop and tip my hat to him as well. As far as Korey goes.......that guy has helped me big time back in the day. In fact....I think he might be in Cali tonight at the off road track

Now the million dollar question.....How do you apply putty in a gear diff? Can you put too much in or not enough???
Call my son, he uses a silicone ear plug and some oil in his. Works pretty killer...You have his number, as long as the blacklock isn't on.

LOL
Old 03-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Advil
Call my son, he uses a silicone ear plug and some oil in his. Works pretty killer...You have his number, as long as the blacklock isn't on.

LOL
Blacklock is on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.